Brawl: Preferred Controls?

What controller do you use the most in Brawl?

• Wii Remote (Sideways)

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Wii Remote + Nunchuk

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Wii Classic Controller

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Gamecube Controller

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters
Gamecube Controller.

Reasons:

1. I'm a nostalgia fan

2. Wii + Nunchuck makes it hard to do chain-grabs

3. I was playing as Kirby and I lost to a level 3 Zelda, lol

IceShadow1199 said:
Gamecube Controller.

Reasons:

1. I'm a nostalgia fan

What's that? I assume its spamming the grab attack so the other person can't escape, but maybe it isn't.

Tucky the Snowman said:
Classic Controller, by a mile. And apparently I'm the only one. But maybe it's because I don't have a GC controller.
You're not alone, Tucky! I use the Classic Controller as well. And it's probably due to the same reason as you (not having a GameCube Controller).

Christmas Crackin355 said:
IceShadow1199 said:
Gamecube Controller.

Reasons:

1. I'm a nostalgia fan

What's that? I assume its spamming the grab attack so the other person can't escape, but maybe it isn't.
Not necessarily spamming the grab; if you spam it/try to grab again during cooldown you'll just shield instead. A chaingrab is a constant series of grabs to rack damage on your opponent. Chaingrabs generally rely on % and how fast your opponent falls (for example, Peach's chaingrab would last longer on Fox than if she were to do it on a slower falling character). Some characters can only chaingrab to a certain % limit (like Peach, who can chaingrab to about 30% and it'll work only on fast fallers/heavies) while others can chaingrab across the stage (like Dedede or Falco) and one who can chaingrab someone to death as long as they don't screw up, then Up Smash you (Ice Climbers in this case lol).

If you ever play a pro Ice Climbers, do not get grabbed. :P
(I haven't played a pro Ice Climbers, but one of my friends chaingrabbed me for like 75%... it wasn't fun. :p)

Back