Most Overrated Nintendo characters and games

I know there are similar threads like this but i wanted to hear your opinions about characters and games that you feel that is getting way too much praise from Nintendo in general.

Characters:Midna,Rosalina and Ike (from Fire emblem)

Games:Ocarina of time hands down!

Geno, I guess, is overrated.

ThisDudeIsaGamer said:
I know there are similar threads like this but i wanted to hear your opinions about characters and games that you feel that is getting way too much praise from Nintendo in general.

That will never be overrated. How can you not like it.

NSY said:
ThisDudeIsaGamer said:

Actually it is kind of. Though I've never played it(but want it) it's mainly because of nostaglia which I understand.

NSY said:
ThisDudeIsaGamer said:
Ocarina of time hands down!

I've played it and, honestly, it feels kinda boring. I find Zelda fine when you're watching somebody else play (and hopefully doing it right), but I find it pretty tedious to play. And I've played quite a few games in the series.

Oh, and Majora's Mask was way better than Ocarina of Time.

NSY said:
ThisDudeIsaGamer said:
That will never be overrated.

...it can definitely be considered overrated.

Luigi and Rosalina.

NSY said:
[/quote]
it's kinda hard for me to take you seriously when you say the same about every other 3d zelda game

Father Dougal McGuire said:
NSY said:
ThisDudeIsaGamer said:

I've played it and, honestly, it feels kinda boring. I find Zelda fine when you're watching somebody else play (and hopefully doing it right), but I find it pretty tedious to play. And I've played quite a few games in the series.

Really? It's tedious when your stuck, but I had a blast when I got into to it.

I am a bit disappointed by the lack of Zelda fans here but I do understand that everyone has different tastes.

How about just Mario platformers in general? Especially the New Super Mario Bros. series.

ThisDudeIsaGamer said:

Considering Fire Emblem doesn't have a huge fan base, I wouldn't consider him overrated.

And as far as I've heard a lot of people hate Midna.

And Ocarina of Time is a great game.

Geno is overrated, even though I like him.

For games:

Super Mario Galaxy

-Not a great game. Still good but it's not as perfect as people think

I can think of more later.

NSY said:
Father Dougal McGuire said:
NSY said:
ThisDudeIsaGamer said:

Really? It's tedious when your stuck, but I had a blast when I got into to it.

I am a bit disappointed by the lack of Zelda fans here but I do understand that everyone has different tastes.

What? Majora's Mask time based thing is a good strategy thing, but it's just not as good. It felt a little rushed and It's to challenging for me. Ocarina of Time or Skyward Sword games are the best types of Zelda games.

Solar Blaze said:
Am I the only one here who sees Geno get far more hate than praise?

Today, yes. But when Super Mario RPG first came out, Geno was incredibly popular and so many people wanted him to return in another Mario game and even hoped he'd be playable in Brawl.

Yoshidude99 said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 though good is the most overrated game of all time.

I wouldn't use superlatives like that, but I still agree with you that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is overrated. I don't think it deserves that much praise from the critics.

Overrated...

Yoshi, Yoshi, Yoshi, Yoshi, Half-life, Portal, Homestuck Game(will probably be, please don't kill me), Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Pokemon 1st and 2nd gens.

Geno/Mallow

and the Galaxy series.

Also, Pokemon Black and White. I mean it isn't a bad game but it isn't a good as gold/silver/soulsilver/heartgold and i see too much praise for it.

Baby Luigi said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 though good is the most overrated game of all time.

I wouldn't use superlatives like that, but I still agree with you that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is overrated. I don't think it deserves that much praise from the critics.
I don't even know why all the gaming critics think it's great

Back