Most Overrated Nintendo characters and games

Braeburn said:
Meulin Leijon said:
Half-life, Portal
One, no. Second, they're not Nintendo.
Meulin Leijon said:
Homestuck Game(will probably be, please don't kill me)
The bloody game isn't even out yet...
I mean really, I know a lot of people love to attack Portal to get on my nerves, I can't really say much about Half-Life because I haven't played it, but saying a game that hasn't even gone into production is overrated?

ChaoticLeo said:
Also, Pokemon Black and White. I mean it isn't a bad game but it isn't a good as gold/silver/soulsilver/heartgold and i see too much praise for it.
And I'm guessing that Gold and Silver aren't overrated and don't receive praise?

Nabber said:
Braeburn said:
Meulin Leijon said:
Half-life, Portal
One, no. Second, they're not Nintendo.
Meulin Leijon said:
Homestuck Game(will probably be, please don't kill me)
The bloody game isn't even out yet...
I mean really, I know a lot of people love to attack Portal to get on my nerves, I can't really say much about Half-Life because I haven't played it, but saying a game that hasn't even gone into production is overrated?
Someone says something you don't like so they are obviously wrong right Nabber

Michael Myers said:
Yoshi K said:
Super Mario Bros. 3 Hands-down.
The thread title says characters.
[quote author=topic title]Most Overrated Nintendo characters and games[/quote]
Read the title more carefully.

Yoshi K said:
Super Mario Bros. 3 Hands-down.

I honestly never really liked it that much, so I agree with this.

Super Mario World>Super Mario Bros. 3

Though Super Mario Bros. 2 wins against both of them.

Characters:

Rosalina, Geno, YOSHI, Funky Kong and Waluigi

Games:

Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario 64 (Original).

Fassad said:
are people serious when they say waluigi is overrated? i hope not

I'm completely serious, alot of people overreacted because he wasn't in Mario Kart 3DS and in Super Mario 64 DS.

i don't think he's overrated at all

Meowth said:
i don't think he's overrated at all

Must be your area then, because people still rave about him not being in those games I mentioned before.

New Super Mario said:
ThisDudeIsaGamer said:
Games:Ocarina of time hands down!
And Ocarina of Time is a great game.

even if it's great, it doesn't mean it's not overrated.

New Super Mario said:
What? Majora's Mask time based thing is a good strategy thing, but it's just not as good. It felt a little rushed and It's to challenging for me. Ocarina of Time or Skyward Sword games are the best types of Zelda games.

well, sorry my opinion was so incredulous. i don't think it felt rushed at all, and it's good if a game is challenging.

as for skyward sword, i'd dig out dippy's review again, but i don't feel like it right now.

so, uh, overrated characters: rosalina, bowser jr., toad, fawful, link, arceus
overrated games: oot, nsmb+nsmb2, smg1

that's about all i can think of right now

Father Dougal McGuire said:
so, uh, overrated characters: rosalina, bowser jr., toad, fawful, link, arceus
overrated games: oot, nsmb+nsmb2, smg1

that's about all i can think of right now

NSMB2 overrated with all the hate on it in this forum?

I may have said this a few times in the past, and I'm most likely the only one on this forum who thinks so, but I find Bowser to be extremely overrated. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't outright hate him, but at the same time, I don't think he really stands out all that much as a villain. I'll never understand why he continues to get the kind of praise that he does, when he comes up with the same boring, repetitive plan almost every time, with little to no variation.

Back