Most Overrated Nintendo characters and games

Solar Blaze said:
I may have said this a few times in the past, and I'm most likely the only one on this forum who thinks so, but I find Bowser to be extremely overrated. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't outright hate him, but at the same time, I don't think he really stands out all that much as a villain. I'll never understand why he continues to get the kind of praise that he does, when he comes up with the same boring, repetitive plan almost every time, with little to no variation.

In my honest opinion, the Koopalings are more overrated than Bowser himself.

But more overrated characters...

Shy Guy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Shy Guy. But it's just that he gets more attention than the rest of the SMB2 and original enemies.

Also Boo, I absolutely LOVE Boo but same reasons as Shy Guy.

Koopa Troopa, everyone keeps saying it's the best enemy cause of their damn shell.

Now for Games:

Super Mario Bros. 1

Mario Kart 64

Super Mario Galaxy 2

I agree that the Koopalings are overrated, and I don't care for Mario Kart 64.

People seem to ignore that the freaking AI exists in Mario Kart 64.

Fassad said:
are people serious when they say waluigi is overrated? i hope not

Count the number of times people have either:

*Demanded Waluigi be playable in Brawl
* Complain he's an assist trophy in Brawl instead
*Demand him to be playable in the next Super Smash Bros.
* Complained about him not being in Mario Kart 7/Super Mario 64DS (per Iceshadow)
* Complained that two Toads were used for NSMBW instead of Waluigi and Wario

Chances are, you'll lose track real fast.

Meowth said:
I don't care for Mario Kart 64.

I don't care for Mario Kart as a whole anymore.

Solar Blaze said:
I may have said this a few times in the past, and I'm most likely the only one on this forum who thinks so, but I find Bowser to be extremely overrated. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't outright hate him, but at the same time, I don't think he really stands out all that much as a villain. I'll never understand why he continues to get the kind of praise that he does, when he comes up with the same boring, repetitive plan almost every time, with little to no variation.

That seems to have started in the mainstream games starting with NSMBDS. Bowser's plans were fairly original from SMB to Sunshine.

Besides, the RPGs make him less repetitive even though he's not much of a villain during those times.

Big McIntosh said:
*Demanded Waluigi be playable in Brawl
* Complain he's an assist trophy in Brawl instead
*Demand him to be playable in the next Super Smash Bros.
* Complained about him not being in Mario Kart 7/Super Mario 64DS (per Iceshadow)

Yay, someone agrees with me!

Baby Luigi said:
People seem to ignore that the freaking AI exists in Mario Kart 64.

Yeah, plus the AI is hard.

Meowth said:
I agree that the Koopalings are overrated, and I don't care for Mario Kart 64.

Mmkay.

Back