Why do people hate change????????

Cirdec said:
Blue Paratroopa said:
Mario Kart 7 is good but they didn't include Toadette and Waluigi and they put in METAL MARIO

Metal Mario is good.

If you think about it from their view, Metal Mario is only a recolor, no denying it. Recolours aren't usually full characters and they feel that some important characters were filled with something that isn't even a completely different model.

But, I doubt their character they wanted would get in anyway, Metal Mario wasn't hard to create and if they wanted to put in another character, the release date would've been pushed back. So if they didn't have Metal Mario it would make no difference whatsoever, people would just complain that there weren't enough characters if he was never there.

Honestly, I think Metal Mario is a great addition, if I didn't use my Mii, I'd pick him.

Crackin355 said:
So if they didn't have Metal Mario it would make no difference whatsoever, people would just complain that there weren't enough characters if he was never there.
Uh, in your words if the staff were idling and using excuses, I don't think most fans are that stupid. If the staff want to save their time, I hope they can at least edit models for similiar characters (eg, Toad->Toadette, Donkey->Funkey), not just recoloring for a minor character.

I can accept if Metal Mario is openly a recolor character in future games. But if Metal Mario can be realized by simple recoloring, I wonder if more future games can apply it jut like colorful yoshis and toads.

Back on topic, change is not good or bad per se. It´s about WHAT they change exactly.

Some times there´s some things in games that could use some improvements, as in, it´s right there on everyone´s faces. And instead of fine tuning what needs a fix, they throw everything out of the window and come up with an entirely new formula, which due to having to experiment first, will usually come with it´s share of flaws too, and will need some more games to nail... except that when it´s about to get polished, bam, another change.

Also, the more things and options in a game the merrier. I hate when new games have less stuff than old games. Paying for more of the same can be bad, but the only thing worse than that is paying for LESS of the same.

By the way:

DKCR is actually a great model for new Mario platformers. It's tough as nails without being Battletoads-level unbeatable, looks great, and has clever level design; other than the terrible cave world, each level is special

The main adventure, yes, but I double-dare anyone who says the game isn´t that hard to get all gold medals (let alone shiny golds) and beat everything on mirror mode. These modes made me utterly despise the game because it´s a mix of bad design and trolling for the sake of trolling.

I remember nearly smashing my controller at Thugly in mirror mode when after like 30 deaths, I was on the last hit, dodging it´s deadly "fireballs that split into smaller ones" attack, only to have one of those fireballs shoot VERTICALLY and burn me as I was dodging it. A fireball going upwards did NEVER happen to me in the entire game, not even once. And that´s just a small example.

Note that this comes from a completionist that usually likes to fully complete his games: for someone who merely plays until the credits roll and doesn´t bother with extra/optional stuff, I understand not giving a damn about this :P

Dorayaki said:
Crackin355 said:
So if they didn't have Metal Mario it would make no difference whatsoever, people would just complain that there weren't enough characters if he was never there.
Uh, in your words if the staff were idling and using excuses, I don't think most fans are that stupid. If the staff want to save their time, I hope they can at least edit models for similiar characters (eg, Toad->Toadette, Donkey->Funkey), not just recoloring for a minor character.

I can accept if Metal Mario is openly a recolor character in future games. But if Metal Mario can be realized by simple recoloring, I wonder if more future games can apply it jut like colorful yoshis and toads.
like the Yoshis in MTO

Cirdec said:
Blue Paratroopa said:
Mario Kart 7 is good but they didn't include Toadette and Waluigi and they put in METAL MARIO

Metal Mario is good.

Let me guess, a metallic recolor of Mario is good.

Seems legit

people hate mario??? sunshine is the cleanest and brightest game of all mario

Bronto Burt said:
Cirdec said:
Blue Paratroopa said:

Metal Mario is good.

Let me guess, a metallic recolor of Mario is good.

Seems legit

Just stop considering him as a recolor, his stats are totally different from Mario, if there was no stat change then I would understand the hate.
That's like complaning about Baby Mario because he is just the baby version of Mario, but if he was in Mario Kart 7 instead of Metal Mario nobody would complain about it.

Cirdec said:
Just stop considering him as a recolor, his stats are totally different from Mario, if there was no stat change then I would understand the hate.
That's like complaning about Baby Mario because he is just the baby version of Mario, but if he was in Mario Kart 7 instead of Metal Mario nobody would complain about it.

1. Baby Mario is in a totally different realm than Mario. First, Baby Mario has appeared as playable several more times than Mario. He is also simply not a power-up than Mario either and his parallel existence can be explained, unlike Metal Mario's case. And lastly, Baby Mario is not a mere recolor of Mario, which is what Metal Mario is.

2. I would complain if he was in Mario Kart 7 since that would be the 54th time he appeared playable without any sort of Baby Luigi alongside (but I would still like it if he was in the game)

Cirdec said:
I'm curious about how Brawl made metalic characters. If we don't need different movesets, and in a view of economic costs, I think recolor is a better way for Metal Mario who isn't the first pick as a minor character/alterego.

Baby Luigi said:
Cirdec said:

1. Baby Mario is in a totally different realm than Mario. First, Baby Mario has appeared as playable several more times than Mario. He is also simply not a power-up than Mario either and his parallel existence can be explained, unlike Metal Mario's case. And lastly, Baby Mario is not a mere recolor of Mario, which is what Metal Mario is.

2. I would complain if he was in Mario Kart 7 since that would be the 54th time he appeared playable without any sort of Baby Luigi alongside (but I would still like it if he was in the game)

1. That's a good argument, but still Metal Mario should not be considered as a recolor, he is original because he is a medium height character who is actually the heavier and most powerful.

2. His last apperance was in Mario Golf 64 (I don't count Dr. Mario 64 because you can't control him) , so after 12 years he made a comeback: he is not the character to blame for replacing Toadette and Waluigi.

Cirdec said:
Baby Luigi said:
Cirdec said:

1. That's a good argument, but still Metal Mario should not be considered as a recolor, he is original because he is a medium height character who is actually the heavier and most powerful.

2. His last apperance was in Mario Golf 64 (I don't count Dr. Mario 64 because you can't control him) , so after 12 years he made a comeback: he is not the character to blame for replacing Toadette and Waluigi.

I think the point is, is that Metal Mario has the same model as Mario but silver instead.

A recolour is a different colored version of a character model. Which is exactly what he is. I still like him as a character, but there's 100% no denying that Metal Mario itself is just a recolour. He may have different stats and stuff, but stats aren't apart of the character model are they.

But I still think that even if he was gone, only another recolour would take his place or no character at all. They did say that they had to rush to get it out on time.

Metal Mario may have different stats, but they don't change the character's model at all.

Oh wait..

Bronto Burt said:
Metal Mario may have different stats, but they don't change the character's model at all.

That line doesn't make any sense. At all.

@topic title

People are idiots and can't bare the strain of change. For example we got a new leader of our government about two years ago. People wanted this guy in because he was going to turn the government around. And that's exactly what he did. Now people are calling him a cock, a dick, a bastard, and pretty much any other insult that goes around.

People hate change, because they'd worried that even the slightest change will change their world forever.

Though I don't think that was what you were getting at, but the same thing could be applied that if the games they know change even a little, they're worried that it's going to get worse or better.

Radagast the Brown said:
People are idiots and can't bare the strain of change. For example we got a new leader of our government about two years ago. People wanted this guy in because he was going to turn the government around. And that's exactly what he did.

I thought people blocked the leader from doing anything?

Baby Luigi said:
Radagast the Brown said:
People are idiots and can't bare the strain of change. For example we got a new leader of our government about two years ago. People wanted this guy in because he was going to turn the government around. And that's exactly what he did.

I thought people blocked the leader from doing anything?
No...

The leader is the one who makes the final decisions. Whatever he says goes. And when the public wanted change, they got change. However, they soon got upset and scared with the change, they started to hate him. Now they want him out.

Sorry to break it to you, but Obama doesn't make the final decision. He has the power of veto, but if he wants to do something then it usually has to pass through Congress first.

Nabber said:
Sorry to break it to you, but Obama doesn't make the final decision. He has the power of veto, but if he wants to do something then it usually has to pass through Congress first.
Not talking about YOUR government, if you were listening.

Okay I'm sorry, there's been a lot of presidential debate around here and it's hard for me not to think about it.

Why do people hate change? It's because they have just become used to a certain formula, and thus find all the "different" stuff questionable.

Yoshbert said:
Why do people hate change? It's because they have just become used to a certain formula, and thus find all the "different" stuff questionable.
I love different. Super Mario Galaxy was different. I thought that was great.

Back