The Koopalings are NOT Bowser's Children.

Sombrero Guy said:
KoopaGuy said:
I still think that Bowser Jr. is an unoriginal character who is way overrated (but I'll give him this, he is a well developed character and I like his relationship with Bowser and the Koopalings)
does not compute

By well developed, I mean actually has a personality.

Hobbes said:
Since it looks like no one has posted this...

Give this Shroom article a read. As Walkazo explained in there, even with the new colors, it is possible for all the Koopalings to be the offspring of Bowser and a single mother.

I am happy with you for mentioning this and Walkazo for actually making a valid point about this. Seriously people, they could be his children with only two parents. I knew that before even reading that article. My theory is that their mother looked like all of the combined Koopalings only she had one head color, one shell color, and one hair color/rainbow hair. I also have a theory that the blue haired Koopalings got that from their mother and that Wendy got her blonde eyebrows from her mother's closest relatives. (That's not even all of my theories involving their differences.) Oh, and Junior fanboys, Bowser Jr. honestly looks more like a young clone of Bowser. I have never seen somebody's son look almost exactly like his or her mother or father in real life.

Saying Bowser Jr. is a young clone of Bowser is like saying 8-bit Mario and 3D Mario are different people.

IceShadow1199 said:
Saying Bowser Jr. is a young clone of Bowser is like saying 8-bit Mario and 3D Mario are different people.

But BABY MARIO is different from MARIO

THAT'S A FACT!!11!!

IceShadow1199 said:

I am not directly referring to Jr. as a young clone of Bowser, I'm just saying that he looks like one. I accept him as Bowser's main child, just not his only child. You know, I'm really tired of talking about this to be honest.

Sombrero Guy said:
I think of Bowser Jr. as the eighth Koopaling, he's just my favorite (how can you say no to that face?)

How can I say no to that face? Well, that face, it looks so much like Baby Bowser's which is part of w- oh for crying out loud, I think he is way too much like Baby Bowser for the last time. If you like him, that's fine. I know people just like random characters which would very well explain why I like the Koopalings. Well let's just drop this conversation. We are both entitled to our own opinions and we just like the characters, we just do.

Actually Baby Bowser's new appearance was designed after Jr., the old one was just a smaller Bowser with a less menacing face

Sombrero Guy said:
Actually Baby Bowser's new appearance was designed after Jr., the old one was just a smaller Bowser with a less menacing face
No no no. That's not what I'm talking about. Bowser Jr. looks an awful lot like Baby Bowser did in Yoshi's Island and Baby Bowser in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time looks an awful lot like Bowser Jr. does. Enough said.

My assumption was that, like any good dictator, Bowser has sired at least the first 7 children with several mothers who I neither know nor care about. Junior might have been a clone or something.

Gummy said:
My assumption was that, like any good dictator, Bowser has sired at least the first 7 children with several mothers who I neither know nor care about. Junior might have been a clone or something.
No! The whole clone thing is just retarded! (but it would make sense if that was the case with the Mario Party Mini-Bowsers but they have no personalities what so ever. At least Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings have some sort of personality.) The whole thing about Jr. and the Koopalings is that they could all his children. Well still, maybe the Koopalings were born off of affairs but it is still possible they could be his children with one mother. (Genetics, anybody?)

I personally believe the Koopalings have 1 mother and Bowser Jr. has his own mom.

Brony the 45th Nazgul of the great Sith Lords said:
I personally believe the Koopalings have 1 mother and Bowser Jr. has his own mom.
Actually the Koopalings don't mean to be real relatives or siblings in the present cannon. And if you mean they share the same father Bowser, you didn't get the problem that if Bowser really have previous marriages.

Dorayaki said:
Brony the 45th Nazgul of the great Sith Lords said:
Actually the Koopalings don't mean to be real relatives or siblings in the present cannon. And if you mean they share the same father Bowser, you didn't get the problem that if Bowser really have previous marriages.

Have you read Walkazo's article in The 'Shroom Holiday Issue 2012? It's possible for all of them to be Bowser's children with just one mother. I believe that The Koopalings get their looks mostly from their mom and their other relatives with a few looks from Bowser and I believe Bowser Jr. gets most of his looks from Bowser with a few looks from other relatives. There, that would be the best explanation for this. You know, am I the only one who finds it kind of lazy to just say "Our current story is that the Koopalings are not Bowser's children, Bowser Jr. is his only son and we do not know who the mother is." as opposed to putting a bunch of the Koopalings' traits together to come up with a mother and maybe do that to create a few other relatives (or at least make some Koopa characters like Boom Boom and/or Pom Pom related to Bowser and/or the Koopalings)?

kat-rin koopa said:
They could still be Bowser Jr's cousins though, and then we'd know that Bowser had a brother called Morton if that held true. In any case, related or not, they're still the same characters they always were.
I thought so too.

I'm pretty sure "Morton Koopa Jr." is named so since he is based off of a musician, no more, no less.

Technically, he's very similar to Baby Bowser, who is the baby form of Bowser, so you can call him a clone.

What matters if he's a good character or not :bowjr:

Poppy Bro Sr. said:
I always thought that Bowser Jr. was a clone of Bowser.

I used to think the Koopalings (including Bowser Jr.) were made with magic, until after I've learned about sexual reproduction. Well my theory is that Bowser gave a female Boom Boom (hence why Lemmy is more of a baby Boom Boom size despite being the second oldest), the original seven get most of their looks from their mother's side of the family, and Bowser Jr. of course gets his looks from Bowser's side of the family.
Baby Luigi said:
Technically, he's very similar to Baby Bowser, who is the baby form of Bowser, so you can call him a clone.

What matters if he's a good character or not :bowjr:

Calling Bowser Jr. a clone is like calling me a clone of my dad. The Bowser clones would be from Mario Party, and I don't care about them, which I don't think anybody here gives a dump about. It's about Jr. and the other children.

Koopalings Not Bowser's Kids?!?

Miyamoto said that the koopalings aren't his kids and only :bowjr: is his
kid. Yet in Mario 3 they say they are! What's going
on? Are they adopted? Will this turn into a game of pong on this?
I know this topic came out last year, but I just found this out
and I don't think I can accept this! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWRRRRR!!!

Re: Koopalings Not Bowser's Kids?!?

?

Cap'n Long John Roberts said:
I used to think the Koopalings (including Bowser Jr.) were made with magic, until after I've learned about sexual reproduction. Well my theory is that Bowser gave a female Boom Boom (hence why Lemmy is more of a baby Boom Boom size despite being the second oldest), the original seven get most of their looks from their mother's side of the family, and Bowser Jr. of course gets his looks from Bowser's side of the family.
I personally say I don't think there are too many "theories" because Mario series never use intricate plots in main series, even that we don't know if the staff would reveal the secret of Bowser's family one day. The answer would be very simple, or no answer.

The theory of clone would be alittle weird. The point is why Bowser Jr has to believe that he's a normal child, and he has a natural mother, and Bowser as his father

Dorayaki said:
Cap'n Long John Roberts said:
I personally say I don't think there are too many "theories" because Mario series never use intricate plots in main series, even that we don't know if the staff would reveal the secret of Bowser's family one day. The answer would be very simple, or no answer.

The theory of clone would be alittle weird. The point is why Bowser Jr has to believe that he's a normal child, and he has a natural mother, and Bowser as his father
Clearly you don't read much fanfiction. The fact that the actual series doesn't talk about it all just gives fans free-range to come up with tonnes of ideas. Off the top of my head, here's the theories I've seen:

All 8 are offspring.
All 8 are adopted.
All 8 are clones (but the first 7 came out wrong).
First 7 are offspring, Junior's a clone (either straight-up or with Peach's DNA thrown in for fun).
First 7 are adopted, Junior's an offspring.
First 7 are adopted, Junior's a clone.

If any of them are offspring, the mother either died, divorced, disappeared without explanation, was only in the picture for breeding anyway, or is still around and just doesn't show up in games (older fanworks had the marriage be a loving one, but after Bowser's crush became more pronounced in the series, it's often just a political, unloving marriage). The mother's usually the same species as Bowser, but I've also seen her depicted as a Koopa Troopa, and now as a Boom Boom too.

Alternatively, Bowser had all "his" offspring parthenogenetically, all by "himself".

Or there were multiple mothers, and their only purpose was popping out some heirs for Bowser. It could either be one kid per mother, or with a few mothers each producing multiple kids, to keep the similar-looking Koopalings related. Surprisingly, I haven't seen anyone go the Henry VIII route and had Bowser with multiple marriages, but that'd be another viable option for why some kids look or even fight alike.

Similarly, if adoption is involved, the kids could either have hailed from the same family, from a couple families with some of them then being blood-related to each other, or each one was adopted separately.

And of course some people (jokingly) run with Bowser's "Peach is your mom, Junior" lie, sometimes applying it to the other seven too.

You all should see how that guy who calls himself The Black Nerd feels about all this.
His movie on it us hilarious! XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0wF2nb-Vb0

BowsersGirl said:
You all should see how that guy who calls himself The Black Nerd feels about all this.
His movie on it us hilarious! XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0wF2nb-Vb0

I know who the Black Nerd is. He described Bowser Junior of being the Waluigi of Koopas. He is also the one who inspired my joke in one of my Koopalings discussions.

Back