The Koopalings are NOT Bowser's Children.

Walkazo said:
Clearly you don't read much fanfiction. The fact that the actual series doesn't talk about it all just gives fans free-range to come up with tonnes of ideas.

If any of them are offspring, the mother either died, divorced, disappeared without explanation, was only in the picture for breeding anyway, or is still around and just doesn't show up in games (older fanworks had the marriage be a loving one, but after Bowser's crush became more pronounced in the series, it's often just a political, unloving marriage).
Fanfiction involves more intricate stories than official ones, so asking for simple answers could be more reasonable. Officially the discussion of Koopalings is ended if they're simply minions.

To explain "children", Bowser's marriage mystery has to be solved first. I personally think unmarried pregnancy, divorcement, cheats on someone things aren't possible, if Nintendo have to make the story understandable and acceptable for all ages.

Baby Luigi said:
I'm pretty sure "Morton Koopa Jr." is named so since he is based off of a musician, no more, no less.
He was based off of 80's talk show host Morton Downey Jr. who's logo was a big "Loud Mouth" printed on the podiums, which the Koopaling's big mouth even resembles a bit.

I too think they have messed up the whole Marioverse canon (including Donkey Kong) with these theories.

If you have nothing constructive to add, please don't post

Maybe it was in response to a post that got deleted.

Also, just noticed this:

Eric B said:
Baby Luigi said:
I'm pretty sure "Morton Koopa Jr." is named so since he is based off of a musician, no more, no less.
He was based off of 80's talk show host Morton Downey Jr. who's logo was a big "Loud Mouth" printed on the podiums, which the Koopaling's big mouth even resembles a bit.
Morton Downey Jr. was also a musician.

Walkazo said:
Maybe it was in response to a post that got deleted.

There was a post. It was deleted

If Miyamoto said that the Koopalings are not Bowser's children in a GameInformer interview, why do we need to make all those changes on the Wiki?

He also said that Yoshi's Island is part of the main series (in the same interview) and the Wiki community does not want to consider it?

Shrek Guy said:
Well let's just decide how we want to depict them. I'm just gonna say that Bowser disowned 99% of his children.
Let's all agree on this.

I was reading DYKG once and i found this, i was a bit dissapointed, but it still leaves questions un-answered, did the koopalings sign up for this? who are the real parents of them? how exactly did bowser have BJ.? O_O

Kingfawful4321 said:
I was reading DYKG once and i found this, i was a bit dissapointed, but it still leaves questions un-answered, did the koopalings sign up for this? who are the real parents of them? how exactly did bowser have BJ.? O_O
And also, where the heck do the Koopas COME FROM? Do they stockpile ooze and pour it on Toads? (Someone get this reference).

Agumon said:
Not sure if I should go by this, but I think I remember that the koopalings in the show, the koopalings refer to Bowser as their dad.
I'm pretty sure Bowser is an adoptive parent, as this is true.

Agumon said:
Roserade said:
Agumon said:
Not sure if I should go by this, but I think I remember that the koopalings in the show, the koopalings refer to Bowser as their dad.
To solve this: send Nintendo an email to clarify it once and for all.

I'm certain tons of other Mario fans had the same idea

Baby Luigi said:
Agumon said:
Roserade said:
Agumon said:
To solve this: send Nintendo an email to clarify it once and for all.

I'm certain tons of other Mario fans had the same idea
We need to sign a petition demanding Nintendo to give us the facts.

Agumon said:
That's why Miyamoto explained it to be a cancelled thing.

What is done is done. If we have time to ask and they're willing to answer, I guess there are other tons of real questions (eg, Bowser Jr's origin, etc).

Dorayaki said:
Agumon said:
That's why Miyamoto explained it to be a cancelled thing.

What is done is done. If we have time to ask and they're willing to answer, I guess there are other tons of real questions (eg, Bowser Jr's origin, etc).
Nintendo might raise even more questions when answering though.

When you ask questions, you'll get answers!

Well, maybe not in Nintendo's case.

Remember, solutions can cause problems of their own

Agumon said:
"King Dad" to be exact.

Back