Have a good replacing characters from my MK8 roster?

Toad85 said:
Bane said:
Cirdec said:
Bane said:
In all seriousness, why do you guys want E.Gadd? Granted he was cool, but he's too minor.

Queen Bee was minor as well.

That was their biggest mistake. Queen Bee sucked like hell.

Metal Mario was worse.
Agreed, Honey Queen was bad but Metal Mario should have never appeared.

NSY said:
Toad85 said:
Bane said:
Cirdec said:
Bane said:
In all seriousness, why do you guys want E.Gadd? Granted he was cool, but he's too minor.

Queen Bee was minor as well.

That was their biggest mistake. Queen Bee sucked like hell.

Metal Mario was worse.
Agreed, Honey Queen was bad but Metal Mario should have never appeared.
These two, they know...nothing...about Mario characters.

Bane said:
Cirdec said:
Why so much hate on Metal Mario? He is cool.

I agree.
He's not, he's just a stupid recolor to show laziness while someone awesome like Waluigi or maybe even Smasher could of replaced him.

wat

and yes metal mario is a bad choice

queen bee was worse though

h queen is the best character to be created in the history of this universe dont hate on her

No seriously, I personally like H. Queen. I used to dislike her at first, but then, she turned out to be funny to destroy in the race. No one hates to blow up H. Queen.

That's my hatred towards daisy. I want to kill her so much, I love destroying her in the race.

You know what? Smashy, cancel all my appointments, I'm going to kill daisy.

I don't focus on destroying anyone, I just race.

Bane said:
NSY said:
I don't focus on destroying anyone, I just race.

Not even those who blast you with red shells and bananas and beat you a place before you are about to win?

Naw, it's the Spiny Shells that set him off

LIGHT
Toad
Toadette
Koopa
Shy Guy
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi

MIDDLE
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Waluigi
Rosalina

HEAVY
Bowser
Dry Bowser
Wario
Donkey Kong
Boom Boom
Pom Pom
King Boo
Petey Piranha

Frankly, I'll take Queen Bee over Baby Daisy any day. As redundant as it was to put her in Mario Kart 7, Queen Bee likely won't be involved in any more mainstream titles if the Super Mario Galaxy trilogy is ending.

MnSG said:
Frankly, I'll take Queen Bee over Baby Daisy any day. As redundant as it was to put her in Mario Kart 7, Queen Bee likely won't be involved in any more mainstream titles if the Super Mario Galaxy trilogy is ending.
Generally Queen Bee has the priority as a second heavy female racer, while there are more female candidates in light and medium classes, unless the staff find other plus-size women to replace her (eg, Syrup, Candy).

If Rosalina succeeds, she can appear in Kart 8 even without appearances in new mainstream games like Daisy's case (uh, though it's not a good thing as all).

Dorayaki said:
Generally Queen Bee has the priority as a second heavy female racer, while there are more female candidates in light and medium classes, unless the staff find other plus-size women to replace her (eg, Syrup, Candy).

If Rosalina succeeds, she can appear in Kart 8 even without appearances in new mainstream games like Daisy's case (uh, though it's not a good thing as all).

When you look at the big picture, it's actually Queen Bee who is the very first female heavyweight character in the Mario Kart series. Rosalina has more in common with Waluigi than with most other large sized racers, since they're both quite tall, but they're not exactly big enough to be considered heavyweight; Waluigi is a middleweight in Double Dash!! and DS.

Interestingly, Mario Kart 7's Cruiser class was designed for characters who are too tall to be middleweights, but are not big enough to be heavyweights. But why Donkey Kong was in that class is beyond me.

Balancing issues

MnSG said:
Dorayaki said:

When you look at the big picture, it's actually Queen Bee who is the very first female heavyweight character in the Mario Kart series. Rosalina has more in common with Waluigi than with most other large sized racers, since they're both quite tall, but they're not exactly big enough to be considered heavyweight; Waluigi is a middleweight in Double Dash!! and DS.

Rosalina was a full Heavyweight in MK6.

Mario Kart Wii used the size system, which is NOT the same as the weight system. In other words, instead of focusing on body mass, the size system focuses on how tall the characters are. And seeing as Waluigi is quite tall, he is classified as a large sized racer in that game, even though he's really a middleweight character.

Of course, Metal Mario is unique in that even though his body mass isn't big, nor is he a tall character, he's classified as a heavy class character in Mario Kart 7. The reason for this is obviously because Metal Mario is much heavier than Mario.

MnSG said:

Interestingly, Mario Kart 7's Cruiser class was designed for characters who are too tall to be middleweights, but are not big enough to be heavyweights. But why Donkey Kong was in that class is beyond me.
Actually MK6's classification is not perfect because most female / main characters belong to middleweight class, and there would be more minor characters in other two classes. It's considerable to make four classes like Kart 7.
I guess the staff want to let Wario bros and Rosalina try heavy cool vehicles, not because they're that fat.

The true "heavy" weights in Mario world are usually not "overweight" human but those species with natural big body, like kongs or queen/king things. In saying so, Queen Bee has the chance to be in Kart 8 as well.

What I find strange is that Nintendo has not used Lubba once in a spin-off so far... Come on, he's too exploitable. He really should become playable soon.

Anser said:
What I find strange is that Nintendo has not used Lubba once in a spin-off so far... Come on, he's too exploitable. He really should become playable soon.

Koopalings are not used in spin-offs. They have been appeared always to be boss and nonexistence of playable or non-enemy NPC.
Toadette, Kremlings, Rosalina haven't appeared in recent any spin-offs. (Rosalina was in MK7)

Back