Your opinion in NSMB2

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
I've seen alot of negativity towards this game, would you like to share your opinion in this game?

I like this game, I kinda want to play it but I don't have a 3DS.

I liked it but this game is far to be one of the best Mario games, because there is not much innovation, it is too easy, too short and the reward for the 1 000 000 coins is ridiculous.

Nonetheless there are cool elements like the Gold Flower and the cannon levels.

Vocal Beat said:
Would you care to explai-

I'm not allowed to have a opinion?

Vocal Beat said:
Oh, you haven't played it yet. How can you like a game without playing it first?

There's something called "videos".

Bronto Burt said:
There's something called "videos".

I honestly don't understand how you could form a good opinion about a game simply by watching videos of it without actually playing it.

I haven't played it yet, myself. I don't plan on buying it, though - everyone I've talked to hated it.

I'll probably end up picking up a used copy a few months down the line, just like I did with NSMBWii.

Ventus said:
I know that this game is good because of new elements

okay sure

sonic '06 had a new element in the form of that damn kissing scene

that means it's good right

Boidoh said:
I still dont get why people think you cant judge a game by videos... its no different than when you play.
Yes, there is an enormous difference. It's hard to explain, but, simply put, you cannot judge a game (at least, most games) just by a few videos.

Boidoh said:
I still dont get why people think you cant judge a game by videos... its no different than when you play.
There are some things you can't judge by watching videos, like controls and difficulty.

One of the first Mario platformers I am not excited for and I did not buy. That says a lot. There is just too many things that put me off this game.

I don't think that it is that amazing. It had the same problems as New Super Mario Bros. Wii had, namely that there was no difficulty in the game at all, and that there was no difficulty curve whatsoever. And even though I got it at its release date, I still think that it was a waste of my money. Now, I know what you're thinking, 'But Pi, if you thought it was a waste of your money, and you got it on its release date, don't you want to trade it back in?' Well, I can't do that, because I stupidly just have to purchase everything related to the main Mario series that Nintendo makes without questioning it. Because I must own all Mario titles and have beaten them.

Boidoh said:
Exactly I got into Zelda by watching Chugga's Lp of Majora's Mask. Also you know if you like whats in the game too.

Boidoh said:

Not really, I was disappointed of Mario Power Tennis on Wii because of awful controls, thing that you can't judge by watching a video.

Things did turn rather stale for New Super Mario Bros. 2, but it seems that New Super Mario Bros. U will make up for it.

Boidoh said:

You can evaluate many important facets of game design if you watch videos (carefully), like level design, themes, introduction of new mechanics, length, difficulty, etc. But there will always be that element of game feel that's lost, although whether or not you feel this is important is up to you. I've played several games that on paper probably look pretty mediocre, but I thoroughly enjoyed them once I got a controller in my hands.

Anyway, back to NSMB2. Lazy, easy, unacceptable music, few new gameplay elements/gimmicks, questionable level design in places, and insufficient incentive to collect coins. On the plus side, the game looks nice, controls smoothly, and has a handful of brilliant moments (6-Ghost House and Star-Castle come to mind). I'd give it a 4/10, or slightly below average; worst SMB game next to Super Mario Land which is a SM game Walkazo

I liked it. It's all a matter of opinion though, so others can hate it.

I haven't made it past World Flower though, since I'm treating it as a game to pass time while I watch a movie/youTube/tv, like I do with Pokemon sometimes.

Back