Your opinion in NSMB2

Dont like it at all, might be the worst NSMB game yet, just because of its weirdness and that it copied NSMBW SOO much, Id rate this game a 7/10.

SuperNick3DLand said:
Dont like it at all, might be the worst NSMB game yet, just because of its weirdness and that it copied NSMBW SOO much, Id rate this game a 7/10.

You are generous to give a 7/10 to a game you don't like at all.

It's alright, but it hasn't exactly improved in many ways (if any). It's fun for a while but then it just gets too repetitive. And for a game called NEW Super Mario Bros, I'm not seeing a lot of new things. New enemies? Aside from the gold variations, I don't remember any. And I finished it (not the 1m coins) in 2 days. Would've been less than 1 if I didn't have school.

And the 1m coin goal is not worth it
all you get is a new title screen

It's definitely a short game, if you're just blitzing through the game without finding anything. For 100%, that too doesn't take too long. As for 1,000,000 coins, that's mainly a time-waster.

It's good if you like games that don't take too long, but if you really like long games, why don't you pick up a Paper Mario game? (If you like Mario games in general, this one is also good, but if you're not keen on spending $40, then yeah, pick up a used copy.)

Medicguy2 said:
but if you really like long games, why don't you pick up a Paper Mario game?
Already have!

Three times.

And soon a fourth time.

ThatPeskyKoopaling said:
It's alright, but it hasn't exactly improved in many ways (if any). It's fun for a while but then it just gets too repetitive. And for a game called NEW Super Mario Bros, I'm not seeing a lot of new things. New enemies? Aside from the gold variations, I don't remember any. And I finished it (not the 1m coins) in 2 days. Would've been less than 1 if I didn't have school.

the new enemies are Boohemoth, Bone Goomba, and Bone Piranha Plant

Boidoh said:
I still dont get why people think you cant judge a game by videos... its no different than when you play.
I haven't played or bought it, but according to the story outline the staff again didn't make debugs or new happenings.

Blue Paratroopa said:
ThatPeskyKoopaling said:

Oh my god what great additions. It's not like these enemies play the exact same way as the versions they're based off of!

Nabber said:
Blue Paratroopa said:
ThatPeskyKoopaling said:

Oh my god what great additions. It's not like these enemies play the exact same way as the versions they're based off of!

Don't forget that the Bone Piranha Plant cannot be burned and Boohemoth can kill you in one hit.

Yoshidude99 said:
Even with a Starman?

Of course not. Starman makes you invincible.

Cirdec said:
Don't forget that the Bone Piranha Plant cannot be burned and Boohemoth can kill you in one hit.

I once came into contact with a Boohemoth, and it's actually like a moving wall; it can push you into another wall, resulting in an instant life loss. However, I wouldn't think that simply touching it would take your life, as the Star and Invincibility Leaf prevent Mario from being damaged by it.

Usually, things that can cause an instant life loss bypass invincibility, such as lava, abysses, and getting squished.

MnSG said:
Cirdec said:

I once came into contact with a Boohemoth, and it's actually like a moving wall; it can push you into another wall, resulting in an instant life loss. However, I wouldn't think that simply touching it would take your life, as the Star and Invincibility Leaf prevent Mario from being damaged by it.

Usually, things that can cause an instant life loss bypass invincibility, such as lava, abysses, and getting squished.

Yeah that's what I meant, so he can kill you even with a starman.

I think the million coin challenge was a good idea (even though I hear the reward for it is not much). After beating a game, I usually stop playing it, because the way the games are set up, I don't even know where to begin in choosing a world. The original SMB had a completely linear format, so you always had to start at 1:1 (unless you had a cheat code), and the format was so simple, it was easy to remember where each level (by its features) was. So if I feel like playing a particular level, I know how to "head" toward it; which warps to use, etc.

The SMB3 and up games are so complex, and you can choose any level you've gotten up to, and they have so many levels, and not in the easy to remember format of SMB1/2J, so I'm not motivated to begin playing.

With this game, however, once I beat it, there remained the coin challenge, which motivates me to keep playing, and it randomly selects three levels in the three "packs", so that decision is made for me, and you never know which ones you'll get.

So even though it may have been so easy and quickly "beatable", and the prize for collecting all the coins is not that great, it was still a good idea that gets you more playing time out of it.

I've only played this game a few times on my friend's N3DS it was ok but it really didn't seem...original.

Eric B said:
So even though it may have been so easy and quickly "beatable", and the prize for collecting all the coins is not that great, it was still a good idea that gets you more playing time out of it.

You could add a coin tracker to just about any Mario game and get the same effect. Strikes me as lazy padding.

I played a demo at target, and i have to say the DS one was the best out if NSMB, NSMBW, and now NSMB2

Back