Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 10th

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • 11th

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
Legally? No.

Time heist was awesome

I actually figured it would be either the doctor or delphox planning the heist, turns out it was kinda both of them. Didn't actually expect them to all be clones and stuff. I also suspected that the "way out" pill that they took when they were so close to death was a teleporting thing, more or less a callback to the transmission ray disguised as a death ray (which, leading towards a dalek fleet really could be considered a death ray) that was used in the series finale of series 1, The Parting of the Ways. Another plausible callback is that of the monster that was hunting them turning out to be a misunderstood "last of it's kind", like the Minotaur from the "God Complex" episode in series 6 (?)

Overall a fantastic episode.

The caretaker wasn't bad, but it seemed rather lacking in the doctor's storyline in places.

It felt more like Clara and Danny's story than it was the doctor's. His felt more like a side plot to the main plot, which I don't think it should have been. Still, it's good that they're trying to develop Clara and Danny's characters a bit more. And they're also really trying to bring continuity into this season, which is good, such as when they referenced Orson Pink from the "Hide" episode of the same series. One thing I can see being a problem in the future is this invisibility watch (rather TF2 if you ask me). It's excellent use for a storyline, but this could really pose an issue for future storylines, as it could be used as a deus ex machina. "Daleks hunting us? Best use the invisiwatch to get away." And, due to them trying their best to bring continuity back into the series, it's most definitely not going to be forgotten. But I trust in the Moffman, he's managed to escape some tough situations before. The ending took me by surprise - I was honestly not expecting to see Chris Addison in this series. It's good that they've brought back the "Heaven" story arc references again, and, as usual, it's shrouded in a fair sense of mystery. And I also loved the subtle touch of the familiar music that played when Danny inspects the Tardis.

Yet another good episode, even if it was lacking in places.

The Caretaker

My least favourite so far. I know it was meant to be a quiet story with more focus on Danny and Clara, but I found it overall to be very dull, even the finale wasn't massively exciting. The Inviswatch was a nice idea, but I get the feeling it's going to be forgotten up until the point where we've forgotten all about it and BAM it comes back in an attempt to knock us off our feet. Loved Chris Addison's appearance in, might even have been my favourite part of the episode and I really hope they use Heaven a lot more now just so he can be in it more (Chris is also someone I'd be completely fine with being a future Doctor). And Danny's flip over the Skovox Blitzer was very impressive, but entirely ridiculous and one of the stupidest things I've seen. And the fact that Danny knew what The Doctor was thinking about him was kind of perplexing, there's got to be something going on there.

Interested in what they'll do with Courtney seeing as she's in next episode, will she be the replacement companion for Clarsa, and will she be a bit like Ace from the Seventh Doctor's era?

Hero of Time said:
How I rank them now

1) Listen
2)Into The Dalek
3)Time Heist
4)Deep Breath
5)Robot Of Sherwood

This series has been excellent so far
Peter Capaldi *thumbs up*
What's wrong with Robot of Sherwood?

ernesth100 said:
Hero of Time said:
How I rank them now

1) Listen
2)Into The Dalek
3)Time Heist
4)Deep Breath
5)Robot Of Sherwood

This series has been excellent so far
Peter Capaldi *thumbs up*
What's wrong with Robot of Sherwood?

Nothing, I loved it an all, it's just been the weakest in my opinion.

Something has intrigued me about the next episode:

Harness has said that the episode will see a large change for the show. "I still don’t know how people will take it. I’m in this kind of limbo now waiting for people to see it, and I’ve no idea, really I do not know how it is going to go down."

I really look forward to seeing what this change may be.

Duke Devlin said:

Harness has said that the episode will see a large change for the show. "I still don’t know how people will take it. I’m in this kind of limbo now waiting for people to see it, and I’ve no idea, really I do not know how it is going to go down."

$50 says the Clara dies.

ernesth100 said:
Duke Devlin said:

$50 says the Clara dies.
you might as well give me the money now, since you're clearly going to lose this bet

Just watched The Caretaker......
It was good, I thought the villian was lame but again another great episode

Cool to see missy again, I like the mystery of this story arc

Kill the Moon

Not a bad episode, but too predictable. I guessed that something would be alive in the Moon, that Clara would pull the switch and that the creature would lay another egg that'd be the new moon. I wish the germs played a more dangerous role in the episode. And even though it wouldn't surprise me if she did returned I do hope that Clara has left because the emotional breakdown was good, but it was ruined by Danny effectively offsetting it. And now something is bugging me about Danny, he's something big and a twist waiting to happen.

Well that was a neat little throwback to the Sixth Doctor era. It was really spot-on in how ABSOLUTELY STUPID it was.

I usually have a higher tolerance than most people for things like this, but this... this was just insulting to watch.

Just watched Kill The Moon...
Great episode the only problem was the moon......and it was an egg lol,still brilliant though

Mummy on the Orient Express

Despite the slow start (until the twist, it wasn't that enjoyable), Clara's in just one episode (I think The Doctor should've been without a companion, but still in contact with Clara so she forgave him overtime), Danny's appearance was entirely unnecessary, the unsatisfying conclusion (made sense, but there should've been hints towards it) and Perkins being the perfect fit to fix the TARDIS drives, but turning it down thus robbing me of the enjoyment of having Frank Skinner around as a companion, I enjoyed every little thing and every big thing about the episode. The tension for the characters was always high, which I found pretty damn good. I'm going to sound morbid, but I liked the high death count something which seemed to be missing in points during Smith's time, as I feel like Doctor Who should be a show which generally has a high death count (not in every episode though). I liked the miniature call-back to the The Empty Child episodes, even if it was blatantly obvious that it was going to be in there. My favourite episode so far.

I feel like Clara's going to regret sticking with the Doctor. Addictions rarely end well. Anyway, cool episode, and I liked how he totally got rejected by the engineer at the end. Reminds me of the 10th Doctor's era.

Another brilliant episode, the best?, I can'T quite pinpoint it yet but it is Definatly top 3 that's for sure, I really enjoyed Frank Skinner as Perkins. The next episode looks very interesting indeed

Flatline

I didn't think I'd like it. And I did. I thought the pacing was pretty good, and I liked how at the start you didn't know whether the monsters would come out as accidental meddlers or truly bad creatures. Clara also did pretty good, and Danny made yet another unnecessary appearance.

Back