Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 10th

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • 11th

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
Duke Devlin said:
Mummy on the Orient Express

Despite the slow start (until the twist, it wasn't that enjoyable), Clara's in just one episode (I think The Doctor should've been without a companion, but still in contact with Clara so she forgave him overtime), Danny's appearance was entirely unnecessary, the unsatisfying conclusion (made sense, but there should've been hints towards it) and Perkins being the perfect fit to fix the TARDIS drives, but turning it down thus robbing me of the enjoyment of having Frank Skinner around as a companion, I enjoyed every little thing and every big thing about the episode. The tension for the characters was always high, which I found pretty dang good. I'm going to sound morbid, but I liked the high death count something which seemed to be missing in points during Smith's time, as I feel like Doctor Who should be a show which generally has a high death count (not in every episode though). I liked the miniature call-back to the The Empty Child episodes, even if it was blatantly obvious that it was going to be in there. My favourite episode so far.

Peter Capaldi's Doctor shined again in this episode really. He really gave off the Doctor Who feel especially in the last couple of minutes.

According to what I've been told, Peter Capaldi signed for just one season, but I don't know if it's true or not. Does anyone have proof for this?

Quizmaster Ruff Puff said:
According to what I've been told, Peter Capaldi signed for just one season, but I don't know if it's true or not. Does anyone have proof for this?

Pretty sure he's doing Series 9 and he's doing the Christmas special.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-could-peter-capaldis-3175645

Generally rumours, I think I heard Matt Smith had only signed for 1 season though and we all know he lasted more than one.

The Doctor said:

Pretty sure he's doing Series 9 and he's doing the Christmas special.

Okay.

Duke Devlin said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-could-peter-capaldis-3175645

Generally rumours, I think I heard Matt Smith had only signed for 1 season though and we all know he lasted more than one.

You're right. I think I've been fooled.

The Forest of the Night

The best part of this episode was the trailer for the next one. It had a nice concept, but ended up being really dull. The wolves and the tiger were obviously meant to be a threat, but everyone knew nothing would happen. I thought the trees being the saviour would happen. And Anabel appearing randomly at the end was incredibly stupid. I knew she'd be reunited, but it would've made more sense if The Doctor had had a part in it.

Considering we've only got two episodes left, anyone in the mood to quickly list their favorite to least-favorite episodes?

1. Listen
2. Mummy on the Orient Express
3. Flatline
4. Into the Dalek
5. Robot of Sherwood
6. Deep Breath
7. Time Heist
8. The Caretaker
9. Kill the Moon
10. In the Forest of the Night

1. Mummy on the Orient Express
2. Into the Dalek
3. Listen
4. Deep Breath
5. Time Heist
6. Flatline
7. Robot of Sherwood
8. Kill the Moon
9. In the Forest of the Night
10. The Caretaker

Close between the bottom two, but I feel The Caretaker gets the bottom spot because whilst it had things that could've been good, it never used them and in my opinion that is a crime in itself. Also, whilst Flatline is low on the list, I thought it was a good episode.

Good lists
Here's mine
1)Mummy on The Orient Express
2)Flatline
3)Listen
4) Into The Dalek
5)Time Heist
6)Deep Breath
7)Kill the Moon
8)The Caretaker
9)Robot Of Sherwood
10) In the Forest of the night

I have really enjoyed this season and I can't believe the end is approaching.
Peter Capaldi *thumbs up*

I only really paid attention to Mummy on the Orient Express and Flatline but I thought they were both really good.

I watched Deep Breath on iPlayer. I thought it was alright, but not great.

Am I the only one that really liked Robot of Sherwood? Nothing very serious happened, but it was so much fun. The Doctor's banter with Robin Hood, all of the action, the jokes were funny, but it still kept a serious tone... It reeked of filler, but I don't find that a bad thing.

I thought it was a decent episode, not stand-out amazing, but decent. Like Flatline, the only reason it's in the bottom part of the list is that I just preferred the other episodes over it.

THE REVEAL WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AND I MISSED IT

In the movie the Master had a not-quite-companion called Chang Lee and ended up betraying him. HISTORY REPEATING.

Dark Water

I liked it. Skeletons being Cybermen was quite obvious seeing as they'd been in the trailer, but the rest I was never guessing. This episode was an incredibly smart one, goes against what everyone was thinking with the Heaven subplot, I genuinely thought that it was the afterlife. And Missy being The Master, I never guessed that. I thought Missy was going to be a Time Lord, but I thought it was going to be The Rani, but when she said "You left me", I was thinking that it was Romana.

When I first heard about him leaving her for dead, I was like "is it susan" but then I was like "wait no EW"

Death in Heaven

The season finale did not disappoint. Sure the CGI was dodgy, and Osgood's death was downplayed, but it still had me wanting more. It still poses questions, what did The Doctor see when he went to Gallifrey? What happened to the Cyberman at the end? What happens to that kid Danny sent back? And seeing as they said The Master had a TARDIS, is she really dead? I still think Danny was an incredibly annoying character, and even though he sent the kid back I still hate him. And that Cyberman being Lethbridge-Stewart. It makes me happy in two ones, one because Kate's death would've been severely downplayed, and two that reference to the good ol' Brigadier, and The Doctor granting him his wish.

Overall, great series, sure it had dud episodes, but what series doesn't? Looking forward to the Christmas special, those monsters look horrifying.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a615607/steven-moffat-on-doctor-who-new-series-we-can-stop-shocking-the-audience.html#~oY4K6JFUHBOzY1

I'm interested to see how he'll be different.

Back