The official Team Fortress thread

Phantom L said:
I got the flare gun for pyro.
Not sure weather to use Flare gun or Denotater flare gun or whatever its called.
Detonator is terrible. I prefer the Flare Gun.

Phantom L said:
I got the flare gun for pyro.
Not sure weather to use Flare gun or Denotater flare gun or whatever its called.

As everyone else said, Detonator is horrible. The Flare Gun is quite a common item, I have like 4 of them, lolol

Koopa Kid said:
I played with MCS. I sucked D: otherwise I thought it was a cool game.

no worries, we all went through those days

anyways, played some more today, nothing too fancy happened except I got a Rocket Jumper from a drop and got 2 achievements

It deals mini-crits on burning enemies instead of full crits, the alt-fire doesn't work very well at all and has a tiny radius, and it can damage Pyro quite a bit if you mess it up.

The Flare Gun is far more useful just for the crits, anyway.

So earlier today I checked out this guy from the TF2 Wiki's profile. Check this out:

ZYlUZ.png

this is the most hours I've ever frickin' seen on TF2, the closest I've seen to this was my friend katryna, she has about 2800 hours on it, and Stooben comes a close second before her

but this guy

he must play while sleeping or some shit

Actually it also allows for a more mobile Pyro, though not as much as rocket/sticky jumping, and for some beginners to the Flare Guns, it has a bigger margin of error, though you'll still have to aim the arced thing. Of course, you could use the Scorch Shot if you actually care of the damage you recieve from the jump and the normal one if you go for power, of course, having a near inexistant margin of error. I guess it's more for beginners, but has its uses outside of beginner, because not everything is raw power. The Winger, it has a legitimate downside, but its upside, not quite legitimate enough. It's raw power, but unless you make your shots count, you probably should stick to something else.

MCS said:
So earlier today I checked out this guy from the TF2 Wiki's profile. Check this out:

ZYlUZ.png

this is the most hours I've ever frickin' seen on TF2, the closest I've seen to this was my friend katryna, she has about 2800 hours on it, and Stooben comes a close second before her

but this guy

groden has a much higher playtime than stooben

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
MCS said:

ZYlUZ.png

but this guy

groden has a much higher playtime than stooben
About 466.7 hours more; still not in the several thousands yet.

Oh yes, I forgot about that.

And I also have a friend from school that has about 2500 hours on it, so

but god damn, I wonder what the world record is for most hours on it

http://wastedonsteam.com/usd/id/martiniman

somehow it doesn't count team fortress 2 playtime

maybe it has a 1k limit or something idk

at any rate, 73% of my playtime on steam is from tf2

Oh wow, that's interesting.

Anyways, not much interesting happened in yesterday afternoon's round of TF2. Got about 3 achievements, got a Crit-a-Cola and a spare Brass Beast and Escape Plan from drops, and crafted my second piece of scrap metal.

Dear Team Fortress 2,

Why are you giving MCS so many drops within 3 days and giving me 0 drops within 1 and a half weeks?

Sincerely yours,
MM64

Wow the robots in man vs machine are tough. I killed 3 but was killed 5 times. The spies are annoying too. Still fun.

Mariomario64 said:
Dear Team Fortress 2,

Why are you giving MCS so many drops within 3 days and giving me 0 drops within 1 and a half weeks?

Sincerely yours,
MM64
Once you reach 11 hours in a week, you no longer find new items. The cap resets at Thursday midnight, Greenwich time. It's because you've been playing more than MCS and probably reached your item cap already.

Oh, it resets on Thursday. That's kind of a weird date.

That also explains how I got 2 drops today right after I posted that.

Mariomario64 said:
Oh, it resets on Thursday. That's kind of a weird date.

That also explains how I got 2 drops today right after I posted that.
It actually resets on Wednesday night in North America, for future reference

I know this is lame and noobish but
I got a degreaser and got my first ever domination on a server and was one of the best people there.

Groden said:
Mariomario64 said:
Dear Team Fortress 2,

Sincerely yours,
MM64
Once you reach 11 hours in a week, you no longer find new items. The cap resets at Thursday midnight, Greenwich time. It's because you've been playing more than MCS and probably reached your item cap already.

and by midnight he means 0001, not 2359

so if you live west to the prime meridian it will reset on wednesday for you

Back