The official Team Fortress thread

GreenDisaster said:
She thinks that someone can go and hack into my computer and steal her credit card number by spending any amount of money.

That's a little paranoid. I mean, as long as you don't tell anyone the credit card info it'll be secure.

And in the case of an account being hacked, you don't even have to store the credit card information in your Steam account unless you want to. You can just re-enter all the credit card info every time you make a purchase. It's tedious, but if it stops her from worrying about it, I say do it.

MCS said:
GreenDisaster said:
She thinks that someone can go and hack into my computer and steal her credit card number by spending any amount of money.

That's a little paranoid. I mean, as long as you don't tell anyone the credit card info it'll be secure.

And in the case of an account being hacked, you don't even have to store the credit card information in your Steam account unless you want to. You can just re-enter all the credit card info every time you make a purchase. It's tedious, but if it stops her from worrying about it, I say do it.
Trust me, that won't help. For the longest time, she thought that everyone here was either a hacker that wanted our money or a creeper that wanted to kidnap me, and I think she's still suspicious.

But entering your credit card information every time you make a purchase instead of storing it prevents fraud

seriously though, no offense, but your mom is a little...odd to think that

MCS said:
But entering your credit card information every time you make a purchase instead of storing it prevents fraud

seriously though, no offense, but your mom is a little...odd to think that
She also thinks that since I go on the computer all the time, I can fix everything electronic, from her laptop to her cell phone to the microwave.

Yeah, she's an odd one.

@above

I'm dissapointed in myself for not remembering this, I even know someone who has to do this because of a mother similar to GD's.

GreenDisaster said:
Trust me, that won't help. For the longest time, she thought that everyone here was either a hacker that wanted our money or a creeper that wanted to kidnap me, and I think she's still suspicious.
I'm 18 and my sister still believes I'm in danger of being raped by everyone in this community because in her view literally every human being to ever visit an online community magically turns into an incredibly crafty 40-year old pedophile with extraordinary acting abilities regardless of who they were before joining that community.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
GreenDisaster said:
I'm 18 and my sister still believes I'm in danger of being raped by everyone in this community because in her view literally every human being to ever visit an online community magically turns into an incredibly crafty 40-year old pedophile with extraordinary acting abilities regardless of who they were before joining that community.
YOU ARE

I have at least one of most of the weapons. It's mostly the promotional ones that elude me.

I recently got into this game.
Also the 'Meet the___' are awesome and funny. I like meet the Pyro, meet the spy and meet the medic the most.

The item drop system hates me, I got 3 bootleggers in a row.

I don't even play demo.

I also need some pony related names for a Rocket Launcher/Flamethrower.

MCS said:
Speaking of items, has anyone here got a rare item drop?
I've gotten the Physician's Procedure Mask (Medic misc) from a drop. Also it's not super rare but I got a Sticky Jumper from a drop (which I sold for 1 rec because I already bought one).

Oh god, the Holiday Punch is so awesome. Random crits save you in the stupidest of ways. It's also fun to crit punch some guy during humilliation then taunt kill him. Yeah. This game has just the moments where you somehow make it. Like how many times I've cheated death. Demoman coming at me. For some reason I melee him. Random crit. Didn't know until I saw him laughing. I punched him a few times and he died. This game is awesome, but it has its moments.

Anyways, I have a pretty good spy loadout. I have both the Dead Ringer and the Cloak and Dagger (bought the former, MM64 gave me the latter) so I usually just switch between one of those two, although I love the Cloak and Dagger more because if you're slick enough you can technically stay cloaked as Spy as long as you want.

One of the weapons I really want at the moment is the Half-Zatoichi though. I heard it's a badass melee weapon.

I've had my awesome moments with this game as well. One time when I was Sniper i went on this big streak and also wound up headshot-killing an invisible spy. That was amazing.

Also, yesterday I decided to try out the Force-A-Nature with the Scout for the first time in months. I seriously forgot how amazing that thing was. Then I went on a 2fort killing-and-capping spree for the next 2 hours. It was really fun.

NotABannableOffense said:

damn NABO I love you

first the Red-Tape Recorder and then the Half-Zatoichi

i should rely on you for items more often, but there's not really that much I want at the moment now that you gave me those two

Mariomario64 said:
I've had my awesome moments with this game as well. One time when I was Sniper i went on this big streak and also wound up headshot-killing an invisible spy. That was amazing.

Also, yesterday I decided to try out the Force-A-Nature with the Scout for the first time in months. I seriously forgot how amazing that thing was. Then I went on a 2fort killing-and-capping spree for the next 2 hours. It was really fun.

I gotta say, you were pretty lucky to headshot kill an invisible spy. That's a pretty grand achievement unless you're achievement-grinding.

and 2fort ;~; I love playing 2fort in TFC (probably my favorite map, even) but with my lag on TF2 I can only play on one map decently, and it's not even an official map

Mariomario64 said:
MCS said:
Speaking of items, has anyone here got a rare item drop?
I've gotten the Physician's Procedure Mask (Medic misc) from a drop. Also it's not super rare but I got a Sticky Jumper from a drop (which I sold for 1 rec because I already bought one).
I will buy that Physician's Procedure Mask off you. How much metal do you want?

Back