The official Team Fortress thread

Ventus said:
Scout is in this video

uh okay

Anyways, I saw the videos for the costume sets the Brundle Bundle and the Tin Soldier. Man, I wish I could get those. But alas, it most likely won't happen.

MCS said:
Speaking of items, has anyone here got a rare item drop? I did, only once, and that was the Burning Bongos.
You lucky bastard.

Anyways, I've found the Furious Fukimaagasa or whatever its called and Le Party Phantom.

Fassad said:
MCS said:
Speaking of items, has anyone here got a rare item drop? I did, only once, and that was the Burning Bongos.
You lucky bastard.

Anyways, I've found the Furious Fukimaagasa or whatever its called and Le Party Phantom.
You also got the Hat Without a Name from a gift, which is just a forced drop. That is still damn lucky.

MCS said:
Anyways, I saw the videos for the costume sets the Brundle Bundle and the Tin Soldier. Man, I wish I could get those. But alas, it most likely won't happen.
They don't go for that much in the trade market. You could likely get a non-Haunted Tin Soldier set for about 1.44 refined, and the Brundle Bundle for 1.

The Brundle Bundle is 1 ref? I might have to think about getting that.

Then again, I probably won't be able to show it off as much because it only shows during Full Moons and Halloween (unless of course Halloween mode is enable on a server)

Mariomario64 said:
The Brundle Bundle is 1 ref? I might have to think about getting that.
People might sell it for a bit more, less if you're lucky.

Also,
CADD47CE383D8E709C0DE245342C0B97B95239AD

God damn is Mann Up mode hard. This took us a couple hours, but despite the uninteresting items, the satisfaction of beating that was great.

Phantom L said:
I have a lollychop 8).
I need a decent flamethrower and some hats.
Just don't use the Backburner or Phlogistinator if you want to become good at Pyro. Degreaser and Axtinguisher make a wicked combo, since you can burn an enemy then quickly switch to the Axtinguisher and chop them, taking down anyone that isn't a Heavy or overhealed in one hit.

I've been using the Degreaser much more recently. The faster weapon switch is definitely really useful.

Mariomario64 said:
I've been using the Degreaser much more recently. The faster weapon switch is definitely really useful.

I need to get one of those.

Anyways, another weapon I want is either the Lollichop or the Rainblower. so many tempting items, man

And I reached 50 achievements complete today (not all at once obviously, today i just got a few achievements and it went past the 50 mark). only 396 to go!

MCS said:
Anyways, another weapon I want is either the Lollichop
You should've said so sooner. I found three of those damn things last week, but they're nothing more than scrap metal now.

Mariomario64 said:
I have 145 achievements.

notbad.jpg

Fassad said:
MCS said:
You should've said so sooner. I found three of those damn things last week, but they're nothing more than scrap metal now.

Shit, and I have no scrap metal. Could you get on Steam, maybe we could talk about it? I'd really like one

MCS said:
Fassad said:
MCS said:

Shit, and I have no scrap metal. Could you get on Steam, maybe we could talk about it? I'd really like one
He is saying he crafted them into scrap metal.

As TFP posted, we played another round of Mann Up. Wasn't as hard as Advanced Mannworks, but still satisfying to beat. Also, free shit for everyone is always good.

I got two tomislavs from that, and I also got a tomislav as a random drop last time we played.

I think the game is trying to tell me something.

yeah I get the robot hat for the class I have the least playtime as

lucky me

I have a Brass Beast + Family Business + Warrior's Spirit loadout for Heavy in MvM. It works really well.

brass beast is the best goddamned gun in the game

Crocodile Dippy said:
brass beast is the best goddamned gun in the game

I personally don't think it's the best gun, mainly because it's a slower rollout time than the Natascha, which is the minigun I have on my loadout. However, I've been using and upgrading my Strange Brass Beast lately out of boredom, as well as my Strange Rocket Launcher. The former is at the Uncharitable rank and the latter is at the Somewhat Threatening rank.

Anyways, I'm finding out really interesting things about the TF2 voice actors. The guy that voices Heavy and Demoman played three characters on the Super Mario Bros. Super Show!, the guy that voices the Sniper took part in High School Musical, and the guy that voices the Engineer was on Family Feud once.

188 achievements.

The most recent one is the one about breaking a Sniper's razorback and then kill him. Incidentally, I killed that sniper with another backstab. Goes to show you how bad some snipers are. I'd say I'm average.

Milestones(crossed out means I don't have them yet)
Scout 1, Scout 2, Scout 3
Soldier 1, Soldier 2, Soldier 3
Pyro 1, Pyro 2, Pyro 3
Demoman 1, Demoman 2, Demoman 3
Heavy 1, Heavy 2, Heavy 3
Engineer 1, Engineer 2, Engineer 3
Medic 1, Medic 2, Medic 3
Sniper 1, Sniper 2, Sniper 3
Spy 1, Spy 2, Spy 3.

Medic achievements(and some other classes' achievements too) are ridiculous. Either because of the task or the number of what you have to do. Kill 50 scouts with the Syringe Gun(crossbow doesn't count, not sure of Overdose and Blutsauger), cooperate with a Heavy to defeat another Heavy-Medic pair. Cooperate with a Heavy to kill 10 enemies where neither of you dies. Seriously though, I think I'm more likely to get the Ubersaw via drop or Medic token+melee token+scrap. As of Mann vs Machine, it's pretty fun. I've found some fail teams which lose to the easy missions. Oh you know, manouvers, crash course, and Doe's Drill. Sure, they're called normal, but the lowest difficulty means easy. Incidentally, the Fists or whatever do more damage than whatever Minigun the Heavy has against the tank unless said Melee are the Eviction Notice. I crit boost my fists to destroy the tank whenever I'm heavy.

Even I, a Sandman user think the Sandman is pretty darn powerful, even more as you can combine it with the Pretty Boy's Pocket pistol to nullify its downside, and just throw a baseball at the Pyro who is about to set you on fire. I guess the original no double jump made it too underpowered, but such a negligible health loss really. Scout is already fragile, -15 health won't do much. I mean, -20 health does do something for Heavy, but that's because he generally is meant to survive stuff, and any HP is key, but scout is fragile, it's negliglible.

TL; DR: A big wall of text.

Back