The official Team Fortress thread

MCS said:
Anyways, I'm finding out really interesting things about the TF2 voice actors. The guy that voices Heavy and Demoman played three characters on the Super Mario Bros. Super Show!, the guy that voices the Sniper took part in High School Musical, and the guy that voices the Engineer was on Family Feud once.
The voice actor of Star Wolf from the Star Fox series is also the Soldier's.

MCS said:
I personally don't think it's the best gun, mainly because it's a slower rollout time than the Natascha, which is the minigun I have on my loadout. However, I've been using and upgrading my Strange Brass Beast lately out of boredom, as well as my Strange Rocket Launcher. The former is at the Uncharitable rank and the latter is at the Somewhat Threatening rank.
Due to the Heavy taking much damage for being a major threat, the Natascha's ability to ambush is made redundant by the slower winding speed and not being able to fight off attackers as effectively. I don't find it very useful in normal play, but in Mann vs. Machine, that Minigun can save the game. Also, good job getting upgrade ranks on an idle server.

Groden said:
The voice actor of Star Wolf from the Star Fox series is also the Soldier's.

I knew that as well.

Groden said:
Due to the Heavy taking much damage for being a major threat, the Natascha's ability to ambush is made redundant by the slower winding speed and not being able to fight off attackers as effectively. I don't find it very useful in normal play, but in Mann vs. Machine, that Minigun can save the game. Also, good job getting upgrade ranks on an idle server.

I honestly never noticed a slower winding speed for the Natascha. It seems the Brass Beast is slower.

also, I didn't get all my strange upgrades on that one server, I went to other servers as well. idle servers are silly, I just wanted to see what they were like. i'm not that kind of player

MCS said:
I honestly never noticed a slower winding speed for the Natascha. It seems the Brass Beast is slower.
It's not as slow as the Brass Beast, but the additional winding speed doesn't help, especially with the lower damage.

54E4B189C5956D06638DB556D43BF589B5E36085

Tour game 3. This one was very easy, delayed only by Martiniman's connection giving out at Wave 6, so we had to restart. Didn't stop us, we breezed right through it, and beat the intimidating Wave 7 in one try. Good job, guys.

aww yeaaah robro 3000

MCS said:
Crocodile Dippy said:
brass beast is the best goddamned gun in the game

I personally don't think it's the best gun

You're wrong. Dippy is right.

However, I've been using and upgrading my Strange Brass Beast lately out of boredom, as well as my Strange Rocket Launcher. The former is at the Uncharitable rank and the latter is at the Somewhat Threatening rank.

>upgrading stranges illegitimately

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
You're wrong. Dippy is right.

i'm not allowed to have an opinion now?

>upgrading stranges illegitimately

we already went through this:

MCS said:
also, I didn't get all my strange upgrades on that one server, I went to other servers as well. idle servers are silly, I just wanted to see what they were like. i'm not that kind of player

i'm never going back to the server

MCS said:
also, I didn't get all my strange upgrades on that one server, I went to other servers as well.

so you went to multiple idle servers to farm strange kills on?

good to see you're throwing in some variety

man I am so glad I got into trading more

thanks to Groden and other various traders out there I now have 4.77 ref in my inventory

life is good

MCS said:
also, I didn't get all my strange upgrades on that one server, I went to other servers as well.

so you went to multiple idle servers to farm strange kills on?

good to see you're throwing in some variety

wat no

by "other servers" i mean non-idle servers

Mariomario64 said:
man I am so glad I got into trading more

thanks to Groden and other various traders out there I now have 4.77 ref in my inventory

life is good

lucky duck

Welp, today I played TF2 for about 2 and a half hours on end. Got like 5 or 6 item drops, all dupes except two, the Backburner and the Warrior's Spirit. I also got my first scrap metal, and killed the Headless Horseman and I got a hat and an achiev, yay

Considering the Horsemann is barely optimized for Crossfire, the only way you can legitimately said you got him would be actually playing Mann Manor on Halloween, where he can easily hunt you down and does not glitch in one spot.

i am no longer the poorest player on the server :')

Groden said:
Considering the Horsemann is barely optimized for Crossfire, the only way you can legitimately said you got him would be actually playing Mann Manor on Halloween, where he can easily hunt you down and does not glitch in one spot.
to be fair, most of us only got those achievements by killing him on dm_mariokart

I got the flare gun for pyro.
Not sure weather to use Flare gun or Denotater flare gun or whatever its called.

Flare Gun offers the more mobile Pyro and allows mistakes more(M2 for explosion for a chance to hit what you barely missed) at the loss of the Flare Gun's power( mini crits instead of full crit on burning enemies). You do lose a disadvantage against Shotgun Pyros for either though. Though really, it's your choice, it's a game, you're meant to have fun. If you want to use the Short Circuit to kill someone, be my guest and do it.

Back