Crocodile Dippy's Supremely Bored Pokemon HeartGold Let's Play

Alexander

Threek said:
Alexander
Funny thing is, if Alexander could just water a lawn effectively, Rita would probably be all over him.

I'll support Alexander.

Just saying I don't think I'll be able to get something out today because me and 2257 have been trying to add something and this stupid ROM is being a pain and I don't want to continue until it's done.

it'll be really cool when it is done, tho

and edo! edo did the hard part, really

I feel ashamed of myself. I'm so sorry, Edo, I really appreciate all your work!

I lied, here's a short one. I've decided to remove the second screen from the images if they don't have anything important in them to save space, and Edofenrir and 2257 have worked together to feature this little beauty:
ex9pX.png

Pray he doesn't die. Let me tell you, I'll be working extra hard to make sure he doesn't. Now let's get back to the journey.

ftHHE.png

Sorry everyone who chose a different name, but this won out by an outstanding majority.

Oh right, it was NicCage! That was that jerk's name! The dashing policeman gave me a rather strange look before announcing that his priority will be searching for this man, and away he went with an adorably awkward walk.

HnmRx.png

You did absolutely nothing! What was the point of that? Honestly, cute as a button but sometimes I want to slap him.

lxRYy.png

I know, I can't believe that guy would steal such an ugly Pokémon! It's downright devi--

szPya.png

What is wrong with you? You were just robbed! Oh fine, here's your stupid egg.

sIlZX.png

No kidding, genius.

v5oWb.png

Are you sure you're a professor? I won't think that much lesser of you if that doctorate was hand-written by you. Honestly Elm, you're cute but you're nothing like the fantastic Professor Oak! He even gave me a PokéDex as a gift of our love!

jxu0X.png

Yes, I just said that! Oh, it must mean I have a special place in his heart... sigh

Oh what, were you saying something? ...Violet City Gym? Oh please, I don't need a workout, I might ruin my hair! ...but Violet City is on the way to Goldenrod City! Professor Oak's radio show is being held there! Well, guess I have no choice but to go that way!

Before leaving, I decided to return home and say my goodbyes to my mum.

89Fg6.png

She wished me well, but also offered to be my own personal bank account while I'm out adventuring. Don't see when I'll ever get money out there, but I guess it couldn't hurt... I can always ask her to stop saving sometime later.

And so, away we go to Violet City!

NLvAy.png

...oh it's Ethan, I wonder what he's doing out here? It turns out he was waiting in the bushes for me to come... I was about ready to flee until he told me he just wanted to show me how to capture Pokémon. I guess I won't be seeing him for a long time, so I decided to take him up on his offer.

gFt94.png

I hate these tutorials. I've been playing Pokémon since I was 4-years old, I don't need a reminder every few years.

Hey! He didn't take off even a quarter of that thing's health, and he still caught it! That lucky cutie freak!

bk8hs.png

Yeah, like actually weakening the Pokémon worth a damn! Now that you're done showing off, can I--

elCgw.png

...is that really the best name they could've come up with? I don't feel comfortable holding these. But I guess I can get some new companions now! Your job is done now, Ethan; begone and let me carry on my way.

Before continuing, however, I figured it'd be a good idea to spend some quality time with MCD.
RJR1l.png

This is so productive of me.

With that done, we hurried on our way to Cherrygrove. But then suddenly, out of nowhere, we were attacked by a ravenous...

Lp07F.png

Oh, a new Pokémon! This is my chance to get a new friend! Alright MCD, let's go!

Yeah screw the fight. That's not interesting at all.

qBiJy.png

OK, it's weakened! I guess now I just need to throw a... PokéBall...

xUcBD.png

0BE4M.png

2frO9.png

YES! Welcome to the team now, Sentret! ...Hmm, that sounds so impersonal. Like with MCD, I should give it a name! But what...?

it is somewhere. For those who don't know, Nuzlocke rules say I can only catch the first Pokémon I find in any given area; if I fail to catch that, then I'm out of chances for that area. If one of my Pokémon faints, it's deemed dead and I have to release it.

And the winner is...
Uql3m.png

The spirits tell me Rocket Raccoon! But for simplicity's sake, I'll just call her RktRaccoon.

With my new companion, we reached Cherrygrove City just before evening spun around. It's too late to move ahead on to Route 30, but I figured there was still enough time before nighttime to train my Pokémon, because there's absolutely no reason for an innocent 10-year old girl to worry about going out into the wilderness on her own this late in the day!

kFdbn.png

I sat down with with RktRaccoon on the beach to get her prepared for the grind, but she seemed less interested in my words of motivation and more interested in my feet, which bothered me because that's how all my dates seem to turn out...

But playtime was over, and so we headed back out to Route 29 for a training session! After only a few steps, we were met with...

EqtFd.png

Goddammit.

A fine warm-up for my new buddy, but much to my surprise it was already enough to get her to the next level. Literally.
nMGP2.png

DUq6T.png

Much tedious grinding and backtracking to the Pokémon Centre later.

dZbOp.png

Great, now you're up to speed with MCD! Now I have nothing to worry about in the path ahead.

AnbQ2.png

But much to my surprise, we had spent almost four hours out here just slaughtering the local ecology, and it was getting really late. Guess we'd better head back to Cherrygrove for the time being and call it a night.

I'll be stuffing around with my computer's clock a whole bunch just to make sure the times in this LP are consistent.

m93Hj.png

A disturbingly early rise left me feeling less enthused to continue my journey than the day prior... I'm not used to getting up earlier than 1PM, but early to bed, early to catch the worm!

GNVEj.png

Literally. Ugh, a bug... But I can't judge a Pokémon by its cover, so here goes nothing!

I just tackled it twice, so let's move on to the interesting part.

lZAFZ.png

Here's hoping...!

fyx2A.png

gGP13.png

tlwLV.png

a7SHy.png

Great... I've got a creepy little worm now. But he's just as much a part of this team as the others, so a nickname is in order! What say you, ethereal spirits?

Back