Mercedes Rose will not be voicing Rosalina any time soon [Not really]

Anser

King Bowser
A month-old news, but I think it's worth to post it:

https://twitter.com/girlactor/status/223870044927565824

"I don't think I will be doing any other Rosalina. #Nintendo hired a different #VO actress for the last go-around. Silly them."

Why the hell did Nintendo hire a different voice actress? =/

Re: Mercedes Rose will not be voicing Rosalina any time soon

That seriously hurts. In my opinion, Mercedes Rose portrayed Rosalina well in the Super Mario Galaxy games, as well as the Mario Kart Wii game. I too wonder why did they have to change that so soon. It's insane!

MeritC said:
That seriously hurts. In my opinion, Mercedes Rose portrayed Rosalina well in the Super Mario Galaxy games, as well as the Mario Kart Wii game. I too wonder why did they have to change that so soon. It's insane!

It does. You can tell she wasn't even asked to reprise her role as Rosalina for Mario Kart 7 by what she said. Mercedes Rose was much better than Kerri Kane :mad:

I pretty much felt the same way when the Sonic voice actors got changed too. Frankly, the 4Kids voice actors did better than what we have now.

Anyway, voice actor changes tend to happen as the years go by, so those scenarios can be a tough pill to swallow at times.

meanwhile charles martinet laughs as mario cries wondering when his voice is gonna go through puberty

I liked Mercedes Rose more than Kerri Kane too. She suits Rosalina more.

Darn! Mercedes Rose was much better than Kerri Kane. :bowser:

Baja said:
Darn! Mercedes Rose was much better than Kerri Kane. :bowser:

This. And Rosalina should cool in sports games.
I don't understand Rosalina wasn't in MTO at all. and recent Mario spin-off rosters are sucks and having bad gameplay.

I hate Rosalina either way, so this doesn't really matter to me. I don't see much point in changing the voice actress, though.

Boidoh said:
I bet that someone will come and say that Rosalina doesnt belong in sports games.
There are many, many characters I'd prefer to her, but I'm okay with her being in spin-offs and sports games and whatnot.

Hey guys I just realized something I don't fucking care and neither should you.

Fucking hashtags. They're like Comic Sans.

Marshal Dan Troop said:

Why do you even post if you're not going to contribute with the thread, then? Get the hell out of here.

Uniju said:

It's Twitter. It's a basic function there.

MnSG said:
I pretty much felt the same way when the Sonic voice actors got changed too. Frankly, the 4Kids voice actors did better than what we have now.

Anyway, voice actor changes tend to happen as the years go by, so those scenarios can be a tough pill to swallow at times.
I agree. Also Rosalina had a good voice so I see no reason to change it.

Anser said:
Marshal Dan Troop said:

Why do you even post if you're not going to contribute with the thread, then? Get the hell out of here.
I did contribute using realism

Anser said:
Uniju said:

It's Twitter. It's a basic function there.
I realize this, but seeing quotes that feature hashtags being used as legitimate sources of information regarding any matter more substantial than where somebody's been for lunch just seems incredibly silly to me.

Since she won't be back for quite a while, anything can happen.

I don't understand how this is a huge problem. The voices don't sound too different.

Pandapowah said:
I don't understand how this is a huge problem. The voices don't sound too different.
BUT THOSE LIKE 10 LINES OF DIALOGUE MOSTLY CONSISTING OF LIKE 5 WORDS WONT SOUND EXACTLY THE SAME IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD.

Back