Mercedes Rose will not be voicing Rosalina any time soon [Not really]

Re: Mercedes Rose will not be voicing Rosalina any time soon

Boidoh said:
See the thing is... You cant replace Rosalinas Voice Actor or you just suck.
Okay, I see you're not actually serious about this.

Alright i'm just gonna stop all of this (including my 2 posts :P) and ask are you really complaining because a voice actor got replaced? really what the fuck? who the hell cares? she doesn't have long lines of dialogue and the voices are basically the same minus a fucking echo. So get over it and move on it's not a big deal.

Boidoh said:
Pandapowah said:
Boidoh said:
See the thing is... You cant replace Rosalinas Voice Actor or you just suck.
Okay, I see you're not actually serious about this.

I can see you dont see that I see that I am the Rosalina #1 Fan.
I refer you to my above post
Marshal Dan Troop said:
Alright i'm just gonna stop all of this (including my 2 posts :P) and ask are you really complaining because a voice actor got replaced? really what the fuck? who the hell cares? she doesn't have long lines of dialogue and the voices are basically the same minus a fucking echo. So get over it and move on it's not a big deal.

I honestly never noticed the difference, and I doubt any of you did too, until it was pointed out to you.

Is a change in voice actor for a minor and terrible character seriously so unacceptable?

Terrible? Pfft, Rosalina is easily the best developed character in the whole Mario franchise. I'd say at the same level of Mario, even though she has way many less appearances. Let's leave the design aspect out because that's subjective (although I do think she is the best designed character overall as well).

I won't complain about the echo because neither Mercedes nor Kerri added the echo to Rosalina's voice. That was a computer effect. It's just the way they sound. Mercedes made Rosalina sound lonelier, more calm and serious, true to how she portrayed herself in her debut in Super Mario Galaxy, while Kerri made her sound like a totally annoying fool like everyone else in the Mario world.

The spin-offs are not canon though, so the way Rosalina acts in Mario Kart doesn't really mean much.

MnSG said:
The spin-offs are not canon though, so the way Rosalina acts in Mario Kart doesn't really mean much.
I disagree can you prove they aren't canon
Anser said:
Terrible? Pfft, Rosalina is easily the best developed character in the whole Mario franchise. I'd say at the same level of Mario, even though she has way many less appearances. Let's leave the design aspect out because that's subjective (although I do think she is the best designed character overall as well).

I won't complain about the echo because neither Mercedes nor Kerri added the echo to Rosalina's voice. That was a computer effect. It's just the way they sound. Mercedes made Rosalina sound lonelier, more calm and serious, true to how she portrayed herself in her debut in Super Mario Galaxy, while Kerri made her sound like a totally annoying fool like everyone else in the Mario world.
I see this and read fan boy opinion and then I disregard it

Anser said:

I did not hear a huge difference between the voices. Rosalina's voice still sounded calm to me.
There must be something wrong with how you are hearing things if Rosalina sounded like an "annoying fool" to you on Mario Kart 7 but calm and lonely on Mario Kart Wii.

I honestly don't care, because they all sound the same!

I actually didn't notice her voice was changed until the credits rolled in MK7. :???:

I don't really have too much of an opinion on video game voice actors unless they have a massive difference (compare the voices from the Mario games to the DiC cartoons). I don't usually notice at first when a single character in a Mario game gets a different voice. I noticed right away in Sonic Rush and Sonic Colours due the entire cast being changed at once though.

Anser said:

Best developed? It takes great development to nearly be a Peach recolour. Yes, I've read the storybook in Super Mario Galaxy. No, it has not changed my opinion of her. All she does in Super Mario Galaxy is stand around and...well, basically, that's it. Most of her lines in that game could be given to anyone else. In the story, she decides to go into space for some reason...and then cries about how she misses her family because she's gone into space. Also it makes no sense how she gets all those textiles and doesn't starve to death and stuff.

Lubba? Now there's a great character!

do people really care about that? if so, why?

I notice a difference, but I don't really care. It's not like they suddenly made her have a British accent or something like that.

Magikrazy said:
I notice a difference, but I don't really care. It's not like they suddenly made her have a British accent or something like that.
THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN

We should get MCD to portray Rosalina in the next major Mario game!

Father Dougal McGuire said:
Anser said:

Best developed? It takes great development to nearly be a Peach recolour. Yes, I've read the storybook in Super Mario Galaxy. No, it has not changed my opinion of her. All she does in Super Mario Galaxy is stand around and...well, basically, that's it. Most of her lines in that game could be given to anyone else. In the story, she decides to go into space for some reason...and then cries about how she misses her family because she's gone into space. Also it makes no sense how she gets all those textiles and doesn't starve to death and stuff.

Lubba? Now there's a great character!

I meant development in terms of personality. Just having a backstory doesn't make my statement valid already? Compared to other Mario characters, she does have a past, a reason to exist and to be where she is (look at Waluigi, Toadette, etc). Sense? We're talking about games where a fat, fire-throwing plumber travels through warp pipes to save a princess from a mutant turtle. I think you'll get my point with this.

Lubba is just meh. He just talks funny. Weird he hasn't appeared as playable in any spin-off yet, though...

Monobear said:
Me! I sound VERY British as I AM British.
I do prefer Mercedes but meh, it could be worse.

Are you saying I'm not?

Yes, don't make me start the anecdote of how I sounded like abridged Bakura in a science presentation once and had to hide my face in embarrasment as it was played back to the class.

Anyway...

Monobear said:
^This.

I'm bumping this thread because there's something relevant I want to say:

I asked Mercedes on Twitter the following:

Eduardo ‏@EduardoAnser
@girlactor Hi Mercedes! How are you? I hope you respond me. Would you do Rosalina's voice again if Nintendo asked you to? Thanks, take care!

To which she replied:

Mercedes Rose ‏@girlactor
@EduardoAnser I totally would do Princess Rosalina's #voice again if #Nintendo asked! :) It was a fun gig!

You can see it yourselves here: https://twitter.com/girlactor/status/287698907838967808

So, not all hope is lost. There still a chance Rosalina might recover her old voice! We just have to wait for Nintendo to make the decision. I see many of you don't care, but for Rosalina fans like me, this is important. So, if you have nothing good to say, I kindly invite you to get the hell out of this thread. Thanks.

Back