The Nickelodeon discussion thread

Re: Your opinions on Nickelodeon

Actually, SpongeBob is very likely to stay alive for quite a few more years due to many parents thinking the show is "family friendly",
[quote author=TVTropes]
The episode "Krusty Dogs" features numerous scenes in which customers ask for "wieners", and at one point SpongeBob declares that he wants to make the "wiener" idea "blow up in [Mr. Krabs'] face."
[/quote]
so parents encourage their kids to watch it. Problem is, they rerun the newer episodes more than the older ones, and little kids don't understand the hilarious gems in Seasons 1-3, the movie, and the bit of 4;

Ex: "Patrick, your genius is showing!" "(covers crotch) WHERE?!"

so the little kids think all episodes are great.

Red Barchetta said:
Nickelodeon just announced they're cancelling Victorious, however it'll air for one more season before being pulled.
WHAT? It's like the only good show on there.

I hate them making shows (most terrible), making 10 episodes, and than forgetting them and making new series.

Cartoon Network > Disney Channel > Teennick > Nick

IceShadow1195 said:
Marshal Dan Troop said:
Good because I think Ren & Stimpy sucked anyway
HOW DARE YOU
Ren and Stimpy is a love it or hate it show. It shouldn't really surprise you.
Pyro said:
[quote author=TVTropes]
The episode "Krusty Dogs" features numerous scenes in which customers ask for "wieners", and at one point SpongeBob declares that he wants to make the "wiener" idea "blow up in [Mr. Krabs'] face."
[/quote]
That's nothing. In one new Spongebob, there's a cake Spongebob gives to Patrick saying "Sorry about the scabies". It's completely visible on-screen and Spongebob reads it out loud.

^ That's not really that inappropriate. It's not like scabies is an STD or anything of the sort. And that's not even a new episode, that's from a year or two ago.

MCS said:
It's not like scabies is an STD or anything of the sort. And that's not even a new episode, that's from a year or two ago.
1. I've been told otherwise in Health class.
2. I meant to say "post-movie".

Pyro said:
Actually, SpongeBob is very likely to stay alive for quite a few more years due to many parents thinking the show is "family friendly",

Source?

I doubt any sane parent would find Spongebob family friendly, considering it has public nudity, violent scenarios that could kill someone (human or animal) in real life, discrimination, people acting like jerks and idiots.

He may be using "family friendly" in a different way; jokes that go above little Billy's head are going to keep Mom or the babysitter from getting too bored.

Magikrazy said:
1. I've been told otherwise in Health class.

Definition of scabies: A contagious skin disease marked by itching and small raised red spots, caused by the itch mite.

Man, I was eating dinner today and turned on Nickelodeon, only to see they were airing Fred 3. I watched a little bit to see how horrid it was, and man, was it indeed horrid. I witnessed immature toilet humor, a subtle sexual reference, a cliched slow-motion scene of a pretty girl, and a gross lunch sequence that I shouldn't mention.

Note to all of you: If you see Fred 3 airing on Nick, turn that channel in a split second.

There really isn't too much to see on Nick nowadays. I mostly just watch the shows that I'm familiar with.

MCS said:
Man, I was eating dinner today and turned on Nickelodeon, only to see they were airing Fred 3. I watched a little bit to see how horrid it was, and man, was it indeed horrid. I witnessed immature toilet humor, a subtle sexual reference, a cliched slow-motion scene of a pretty girl, and a gross lunch sequence that I shouldn't mention.

Note to all of you: If you see Fred 3 airing on Nick, turn that channel in a split second.
I watched all of it. And it was horrible.

The 90s Nick game shows were where it was at. GUTS and Legends Of The Hidden Temple, good times. Good times. I want my childhood back!

Magikrazy said:
Doughboy said:
I want my childhood back!
Teennick. Midnight. Watch. Discuss. Obsess.

I know, but there isn't a lot of variety when it comes to "The 90s Are All That". Too much of the same thing every midnight.

I generally only cared for the cartoons. Drake and Josh annoyed me at the time but looking back theres a guilty fondness for it. By the time iCarly rolled around I stopped watching tv mostly.

Doughboy said:
Magikrazy said:
Doughboy said:

I know, but there isn't a lot of variety when it comes to "The 90s Are All That". Too much of the same thing every midnight.
Really? Just recently, I saw Figure It Out, Family Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, and Figure It Out.

I like Nicklelodeon over Disney, but prefer other channels over them now, such as Comedy Central, or Sky, or Living HD and that jazz.

Magikrazy said:
Doughboy said:
Magikrazy said:
Doughboy said:

Really? Just recently, I saw Figure It Out, Family Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, and Figure It Out.

That was in conjunction with the Olympics. It was a one weekend deal and that was it.

Variety is the spice of life. When we get the same stuff almost every night, the taste becomes stale. I belong to a board dedicated to LotHT and everyone there (myself included) agrees that T90sAAT is lame because of a lack of variety. Enough with "Kenan and Kel" and "Hey Arnold". I want a wider variety of shows added to the schedule. Every weekend should have a 2-hour game show block while weekdays could switch up the cartoons and other classic Nick shows.

That's my opinion, but you don't have to agree with it.

Yeah, that's true. They should at least bring back U-Pick with Stick.

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
I generally only cared for the cartoons. Drake and Josh annoyed me at the time but looking back theres a guilty fondness for it.

I guess this sums up my opinions too.

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
I generally only cared for the cartoons. Drake and Josh annoyed me at the time but looking back theres a guilty fondness for it. By the time iCarly rolled around I stopped watching tv mostly.

The only thing that annoys me about Drake and Josh is that I've probably seen every episode about 10 times. They show them so damn much it's like I can recite each episode word for word. Well not really but you get the idea

I just wish Dan Schneider would stop reusing jokes/phrases in his shows. A lot of the phrases you find in iCarly you can find in Zoey 101 and Victorious.

Back