The Nickelodeon discussion thread

Re: Your opinions on Nickelodeon

Smasher said:
Probably Korra too if I could remember to watch it. :V

Another problem with Nick I think is it doesn't rerun Korra as much as I think they should. I want Smasher to catch up so I can make a Forum game so Smasher will know who's who and what did what </firstworldproblems>

Yeah, Nick has so many shows now that each show has a really tight schedule. I think they even still show Fanboy and Chum Chum at like 7 in the morning or something. *shudders*

Old Nickelodeon was damn great. But, in 2009 it began to get shitty and stuff. What the fucking hell is up with Spongebob? Victorious sucks ass.

I only liked ICarly and Big Time Rush.

By the way, ICarly is going to be replaced?

Nickelodeon...

WHY?????????

wait how did I forget Jimmy Neutron and Danny Phantom? Those were also awesome.

Stone Cold Steve Austin said:
okay now for my opinion in a few short words

why can't we just call this year 1999+13

so we can still live in the 90's

with all these GOOD shows
Yeah, you forgot one thing. There's this old Mindless Junk thread which was made by a user I won't reveal since I don't feel like making him feel any more shame from that thread. Now now, good shows, yeah. Except that in the past we had less advancement, and eventually you'd discover that living in the past and not advancing sucks so much, whatever is good doesn't make for it. Some people are so nostalgic, they forget the past wasn't all rainbows, sunshine and happiness.

okay now for my opinion in a few short words

why can't we just call this year 1999+13

so we can still live in the 90's

with all these GOOD shows
The funny thing about nostalgia? You only remember the good. Do you think that in the 90's, every single show was good? Yeah, I highly doubt that.

GreenDisaster said:
The funny thing about nostalgia? You only remember the good. Do you think that in the 90's, every single show was good? Yeah, I highly doubt that.

well

i mean there was weinerville

but who remembers that show

GreenDisaster said:

well

i mean there was weinerville

but who remembers that show
You, apparently.

Northern Verve said:
There's also The HUB (Though some may not be able to get it)

It's worth it for Friendship is Magic.
The thing is, though, these days you can get nearly any show by going to YouTube or Hulu or whatever, to there's no point getting a channel just for one show.

If there was a bunch, it's different, as you'd be putting your money to better use and wouldn't have to go through the hassle of looking through the Internet for several of your fave shows.

Jack Noir said:
Northern Verve said:
There's also The HUB (Though some may not be able to get it)

It's worth it for Friendship is Magic.
The thing is, though, these days you can get nearly any show by going to YouTube or Hulu or whatever, to there's no point getting a channel just for one show.

If there was a bunch, it's different, as you'd be putting your money to better use and wouldn't have to go through the hassle of looking through the Internet for several of your fave shows.

I was kinda meaning on seeing episodes when they're brand new. Of course you can see episodes that have aired on the internet. Nothing beats seeing a episode for any show you like the moment it premieres though.

[me=Jack_Noir]shrugs[/me]

I'm one of the kinds of people who can delay satisfaction, i.e. don't mind waiting longer for stuff, so it's not a big deal to me at all.

Plus half the shows I like and nearly all the video games I play are years old, so...

I really hate iCarly. Not because it's particularly awful, but because it's pretty much the same concept for almost EVERY live-action kids show on TV right now.

So, yeah, Avatar and The Legend of Korra, Fairly OddParents, Danny Phantom, Rugrats. Those were the shows I like. Before all of this iCarly/Hannah Montana/Drake and Josh rip-offs with child stars who have to be able to sing, cliched and unrealistic characters, love stories, almost no villains whatsoever, and incredibly perfect main characters.

I really want to make a TV show. That's actually good. And has an actual moral.

FOP and Spongebob, once great cartoons, are both pretty awful. The older Nicktoons are still great, and they're all on On Demand, so I'll pretend that Nickelodeon is still Ren & Stimpy, Rugrats, Angry Beavers, and Catdog.

What is good and what is bad is subjective to ones tastes. Nickelodeon's target audience enjoys it's shows that's why they continue to air. Also all your comparisons are about 80% nostalgia and in the name of a respected diplomat "Nostalgia is a seductive liar"

I utterly hate Nickelodeon now simply because of what they did to DirectTV users. Magikrazy made a thread about it in "off subject discussion".

Looking back, I no longer understand why I even liked Spongebob, even the good episodes.

Fairly Odd Parents wouldn't be so bad if Timmy didn't forget the morals he learned everytime his wish went bad in the older episodes and the character devolving, Timmy's parents for example, went from oblivious, neglectful, and paid little attention to him due to being overworked, but they still loved him to being complete morons (especially Dad) and actually tend to make his life miserable on purpose.

T.U.F.F. Puppy isn't too bad since Dudley does have a brain behind his idiotic/adult child behavior and the writers do make mix things up a bit to make it more intersting.

As for iCarly

Nick is releasing a new TMNT cartoon this September and it doesn't look bad at all...except there are rumors that April and Donatello like each other, and I'm pondering whether or not I should watch it since I pretty much vowed never to watch Nickelodeon again after the DirectTV thing.

Nicktoons began to air Huntik: Secrets & Seekers, which used to be on the 4Kids TV lineup a few years ago. One thing that I have noticed is that the opening scene of the series is now shorter than it was when 4Kids aired it.

I also got a sneak peek of the Winx Club's 5th season after seeing the season finale of the 4th season a few weeks ago. For those who missed the 4th season, the Teen Nick channel has started airing the season 4 episodes at 10:00 AM EDT on weekdays.

MnSG said:
One thing that I have noticed is that the opening scene of the series is now shorter than it was when 4Kids aired it.
*sigh* Just like Animaniacs.

Memories...

Marshal Dan Troop said:
What is good and what is bad is subjective to ones tastes. Nickelodeon's target audience enjoys it's shows that's why they continue to air. Also all your comparisons are about 80% nostalgia and in the name of a respected diplomat "Nostalgia is a seductive liar"

I've watched episodes back-to-back, and it's clear that Spongebob has progressively dumbed-down. And they'd never air something like Ren & Stimpy again, lest the parents get mad.

Gummy said:
Marshal Dan Troop said:

I've watched episodes back-to-back, and it's clear that Spongebob has progressively dumbed-down. And they'd never air something like Ren & Stimpy again, lest the parents get mad.
Good because I think Ren & Stimpy sucked anyway

Marshal Dan Troop said:
Gummy said:
Marshal Dan Troop said:

Good because I think Ren & Stimpy sucked anyway
Thank god I'm not the only one...

Nickelodeon just announced they're cancelling Victorious, however it'll air for one more season before being pulled.

Wow, seriously? Huh. I'm surprised, I figured that one would last a little longer. But hey, they need to make room for more shitty shows, so it seems legit to me!

By the way, they showed a preview of this new Nick show Robot and Monster the other day. It reminds me of that Fanboy and Chum Chum show a little bit. *shudders*

I gotta frankly say that at this point Nick might be keeping Spongebob alive just so Nick can keep the Cash Cow afloat so that the whole station doesn't sink. At some point though Nick's going to need to find something new to replace Spongebob. Spongebob can't be Nick's Flagship show forever.

Back