The Nickelodeon discussion thread

Marilith said:
I just don't get how we're stuck with Sanjay & Craig and Breadwinners. :eek:

I think it's because Nick thinks those "quality" shows are any good and think its audience is a bunch of tasteless morons who'll watch anything.

Godzilla said:
It's not on regular nickelodeon, but the Nick toons channel aired Dragon Ball Z Kai and GT. I don't know of they still do, but with the Buu saga coming up, I can see it coming back on TV.

Nick toons also airs several re-runs but I don't really count it towards Nick in general. But if you can count that as one of the few good shows left, then sure

Baby Luigi said:
Marilith said:
I just don't get how we're stuck with Sanjay & Craig and Breadwinners. :eek:

I think it's because Nick thinks those "quality" shows are any good and think its audience is a bunch of tasteless morons who'll watch anything.

Or they think that little kids like potty humor, which for some god-forbidden reason they do.

Marilith said:
Or they think that little kids like potty humor, which for some god-forbidden reason they do.

After making Fanboy & Chum Chum, Sanjay and Craig, and Breadwinners, I'm pretty that's exactly what they think.

Oh and making the characters' personality traits annoying and obnoxious. Yep that'll totally make the kids watch those shows.

Baby Luigi said:
Marilith said:

After making Fanboy & Chum Chum, Sanjay and Craig, and Breadwinners, I'm pretty that's exactly what they think.

Oh and making the characters' personality traits annoying and obnoxious. Yep that'll totally make the kids watch those shows.
Exactly.

Well, I guess that Spongebob is rather annoying, but at least his show's humorous. I've laughed pretty hard at Spongebob.

Spongebob actually had a likable character in the early seasons. He was naive and thoroughly devoted to his passion, being the fry cook at the Krusty Krab. He's very compassionate and he's not dumb.

Now, he's just incredibly stupid and annoying and a total creep towards Squidward.

Baby Luigi said:
Spongebob actually had a likable character in the early seasons. He was naive and thoroughly devoted to his passion, being the fry cook at the Krusty Krab. He's very compassionate and he's not dumb.

Now, he's just incredibly stupid and annoying and a total creep towards Squidward.
I think Spongebob is now a stalker. ono

As demonstrated by Squid's Visit and Boating Buddies? You could say that. I hate this new Spongebob.

Baby Luigi said:
As demonstrated by Squid's Visit and Boating Buddies? You could say that. I hate this new Spongebob.
Same here.
BRING BACK THE OLD!

If that's not possible, just kill Spongebob

Baby Luigi said:
If that's not possible, just kill Spongebob
That episode I would watch.

Sigh... Invader Zim was a great show.

And please kill Spongebob and Timmy Turner. PLEASE.

I would take Danny Phantom over Spongebob Squarepants.

A stupid show you don't want to watch.

It's about a bunch of ducks that deliver bread. They have so much potty humor I can't count, it's just a bad show.

Common Sense Media said:
Breadwinners relies heavily on wedgie and flatulence jokes to maintain kids' attention through 30 minutes of generally bizarre plots and a parade of strange characters. There's some merit to the dynamic duo's friendship and the fact that neither leaves the other out to dry in any of their mishaps, but this kind of content seems more a lucky byproduct than the intended message of a show in which silliness and physical comedy rule supreme.

One thing the show does have going for it is a wealth of funny bread-related puns, from delivering a "pumperknuckle punch" to a bad guy to saying goodbye with a resounding, "Hasta la yeasta!" Unlike a well-worn poop joke, these never get old, but then again, they're not likely to strike the same chord of hilarity with your kids.
Well then.

Sorry, but the way Viacom's been pushing lately, none of us will ever see revivals of Danny Phantom and Invader Zim in our lifetimes, they will keep airing new (and literally plotless) Spongebob and FOP episodes until they surpass The Simpsons as the longest-running animated series in history-that and they will attempt to lengthen 30-minute shows to one hour, one-hour shows to two hours and so on-all to make room for 24-minute-long commercial breaks with 80 individual commercials in each.

TheYoshiState said:
Sorry, but the way Viacom's been pushing lately, none of us will ever see revivals of Danny Phantom and Invader Zim in our lifetimes, they will keep airing new (and literally plotless) Spongebob and FOP episodes until they surpass The Simpsons as the longest-running animated series in history-that and they will attempt to lengthen 30-minute shows to one hour, one-hour shows to two hours and so on-all to make room for 24-minute-long commercial breaks with 80 individual commercials in each.
Sounds about accurate.

Yep. Damn you Viacom...

Hmmm, maybe if they are revived, Cartoon Network would probably make a home for them.

Danny Phantom and Cartoon Network? That sounds like a bad combo to me...

Hmmm, yeah. DP was a show that ended (or intended to end) on a high note, so it's probably best to leave it dormant.

Back