The Nickelodeon discussion thread

I did notice that the original Digimon series will be airing on the Nicktoons channel, starting this June.

MnSG said:
I did notice that the original Digimon series will be airing on the Nicktoons channel, starting this June.

Well that's a nice thing

So I watched the Sam & Cat preview today. It actually wasn't all bad; they make a good pair despite their opposite personalities. But yeah, just your average Dan Schneider show fare. I think he made a good choice by picking this over that proposed Gibby idea for a show, which would have probably been really stupid. The plot for this is pretty solid for the pilot episode, and I think it can go places for a little while.

Apparently there's going to be a show based on the Fine Bros' React videos.

After Nick thought that a poorly animated, not really popular, with half-assed jokes that was Breadwinners was a good idea, I lost all hope with them.

Super Smash Misty said:
What hasn't Nickelodeon ruined?

Well at least they're still rerunning older episodes of Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents...

TheYoshiState said:
Baby Luigi said:
Super Smash Misty said:
What hasn't Nickelodeon ruined?

Well at least they're still rerunning older episodes of Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents...

But sadly, they only really air the traditional ink-and-paint Spongebob episodes once a year-because they cycle through all available seasons chronologically.
It's like with Looney Tunes. They always air the post 1948 cartoons, instead of the better, funnier pre 1948 cartoons.

I can't tell the difference, but I do know that the Buddy cartoons, Larriva's Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote shorts, and the Daffy vs. Speedy toons were all horrible.

Magikrazy said:
I can't tell the difference, but I do know that the Buddy cartoons, Larriva's Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote shorts, and the Daffy vs. Speedy toons were all horrible.
Yeah. I agree. But, you should check out the pre 1948. They had cartoons like Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs, Porky in Wackyland, Porky's Duck Hunt, A Wild Hare, and more.

Shy Guy Forever said:
Yeah. I agree. But, you should check out the pre 1948. They had cartoons like Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs, Porky in Wackyland, Porky's Duck Hunt, A Wild Hare, and more.
There's probably a reason why they don't air Coal Black. They may as well air the World War II cartoons.

Lario said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
There's probably a reason why they don't air Coal Black. They may as well air the World War II cartoons.

And the Korean War shorts and (if they even existed at all because the original shorts series ended during that war) the Vietnam War shorts.

Lario said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
I know, but there is absolutely no reason not to air A Wild Hare.

I think the Canadian Nickelodeon is YTV, somewhat. YTV airs many Nickelodeon shows, but many of their own shows as well.
Whenever a new episode of Spongebob goes on, my mom has a tendancy to change the channel. I've always wondered why, since I've started watching when I was 8 (2009) so I was reminded of my younger days. I've also watched many older reruns and thought all seasons were great.
Until I compared them side-by-side. I got a newer and an older episode and compared them. And I have to say, the series has gotten a bit worse. I like the older jokes, character devolpments, and just the older episodes in general.
I haven't noticed a difference with Fairly Odd Parents when I did the same thing.

Jolteon said:
I haven't noticed a difference with Fairly Odd Parents when I did the same thing.
I think that the addition of Poof just goofed things up quite frankly. I mean, they edited the intro to add Poof, which is sad in my opinion, because the old intro brings good memories.

I don't like Sparky. Dunno why, just don't.

Well I know that Spongebob today is pret-ty bad. They torture Squidward for the sake of torturing him (earlier seasons tortured Squidward because he was an arrogant ass) not to mention they use psychological torture (Squid's Visit, One Coarse Meal) and phoned in disgusting gross out humor (House Fancy, The Splinter), and just mean spiritedness (A Pal for Gary, Squid Wood). Several other episodes are just plain boring. Like nothing happens in them (Spongebob, You're Fired, Pineapple Fever, Waiting)

I've compared the later Fairly Oddparents episodes: I think the later Fairly Oddparents episodes lack pacing. Characters are just, BAM, thrown from one place or another. The show is like on ADHD these days, and yes, I know what ADHD is (I have it) and even I couldn't really keep up with the too quickly-paced episodes. Also, characters are just constantly shouting and yelling in the newer Fairly Oddparents episodes. I have also noticed flanderization in the main characters too.

Baby Luigi said:
Well I know that Spongebob today is pret-ty bad. They torture Squidward for the sake of torturing him (earlier seasons tortured Squidward because he was an arrogant ass) not to mention they use psychological torture (Squid's Visit, One Coarse Meal) and phoned in disgusting gross out humor (House Fancy, The Splinter), and just mean spiritedness (A Pal for Gary, Squid Wood). Several other episodes are just plain boring. Like nothing happens in them (Spongebob, You're Fired, Pineapple Fever, Waiting)

I've compared the later Fairly Oddparents episodes: I think the later Fairly Oddparents episodes lack pacing. Characters are just, BAM, thrown from one place or another. The show is like on ADHD these days, and yes, I know what ADHD is (I have it) and even I couldn't really keep up with the too quickly-paced episodes. Also, characters are just constantly shouting and yelling in the newer Fairly Oddparents episodes. I have also noticed flanderization in the main characters too.
I miss the old cartoons. :-\

Luckily I think there are still several good cartoons here and there, but I think there's nary a good cartoon to be found on Nick (with the exception of Legend of Korra and maybe another I may be missing?)

Baby Luigi said:
Luckily I think there are still several good cartoons here and there, but I think there's nary a good cartoon to be found on Nick (with the exception of Legend of Korra and maybe another I may be missing?)
I just don't get how we're stuck with Sanjay & Craig and Breadwinners. :eek:

It's not on regular nickelodeon, but the Nick toons channel aired Dragon Ball Z Kai and GT. I don't know of they still do, but with the Buu saga coming up, I can see it coming back on TV.

Back