The Nickelodeon discussion thread

MCS said:
Yeah the earlier SpongeBob episodes were the shiznit

Compared to later episodes, which were sh--

Have they even watched the older ones? They're SO much better than the new ones. I hate the flanderization of characters. Squidward turns into a jerk, butt-monkey, Spongebob is creepy and insane, Patrick is a jerk instead of a friend, Sandy is a scientist person now, Plankton gets a little too cocky, and Mr. Krabs becomes a Wario-head (that is to say, he's probably greedier than Wario at this rate)

Yeah, I've noticed in the newer ones, Squidward is much more of an ass than he usually is. Probably the meanest cartoon character I've seen that wasn't an antagonist.

I think Mr. Krabs shows more of a jerk than Squidward has. Remember Penny Foolish? Or that episode where Mr. Krabs does something against Spongebob for only a mere sum of money? Or the Krusty Sponge? Or any cost-cutting sacrifice he had done at the expense of many others?

Amphituber said:
For whatever reason, the fine folks at the Spongebob Wiki seem to think Season 8 is as good as the old ones.
hah

the "fine folks" over there also believe the attitude of mr. krabs at different points in an episode is "trivia"

MCS said:
KoopaGuy said:
What do you all think the worst Nicktoon is?

all of them

That's not really an answer to a question asking for one thing, right?

Baby Luigi said:
MCS said:
KoopaGuy said:

all of them

It's a joke. But in retrospect, the majority of the recent Nicktoons are absolute crap

KoopaGuy said:
I heard about this new show called "Robot and Monster". It is based on you know who, the intro song is cheesy, and the trailer is absolute garbage. I won't doubt for a second that it's a lord of craptoons.

Yeah, it's basically a rehash of Fanboy and Chum Chum

A rehash of Fanboy and Chum Chum? Instantly bad

Baby Luigi said:
A rehash of Fanboy and Chum Chum? Instantly bad
MCS said:
Baby Luigi said:
MCS said:
KoopaGuy said:

all of them

It's a joke. But in retrospect, the majority of the recent Nicktoons are absolute crap

KoopaGuy said:
I heard about this new show called "Robot and Monster". It is based on you know who, the intro song is cheesy, and the trailer is absolute garbage. I won't doubt for a second that it's a lord of craptoons.

Yeah, it's basically a rehash of Fanboy and Chum Chum
Rocket J. Squirrel said:
They're even colored the same.
I freaking love you people for saying such an awesome thing so much I am putting every smiling emoticon in here: :rolleyes: :) ;) :D ;D

MCS said:
Well, a new show is premiering on Nick tonight, "Wendell and Vinnie". Doesn't look interesting to me.

okay so i actually attempted to make an effort to watch this show

honestly hoping that dan schneider WOULDN'T be making this

and i was right (the guy's name is jay kogen)

because this is a surprisingly okay show

there was a few jokes here and there that sort of made me laugh (at the very least, got a sarcastic ha out of me)

and i was okay with it

so THAT'S MY OPINION

Well, I just watched the pilot episode of Wendell & Vinnie this morning. It was okay, nothing too spectacular, though. I was surprised to see that one character told another character to go to hell, and the fact that one of the characters was named Myron Lipshitz, in which Vinnie proceeded to say "Junior high must have been brutal with that name!" I thought it was Nick's average family-friendly sitcom, so that surprised me.

i think it's in the nick at nite block so they can be a bit more lenient with the jokes

although marvin marvin isn't at all lenient, still caters to the kids

The Undertaker said:
i think it's in the nick at nite block so they can be a bit more lenient with the jokes

Well, to be fair, they advertised Wendell & Vinnie, like, twice every single commercial break, to the point where I could recite the commercial word-for-word. I mean, why would they advertise it in the morning and afternoon if it was in the Nick at Nite block?

They had some controversy with that crap show Glenn Martin, DDS because of how much they advertised it and the pilot came on right after an episode of SpongeBob, and it definitely has some adult humor in it.

So yet another upcoming show was announced on Nick not too long ago called Sanjay and Craig. It's made by the same guys that did Bob's Burgers, but it reminds me of Beavis & Butthead for some reason. And just recently, a show based on Monsters vs. Aliens premiered. Didn't look too great from what I saw.

They also showed a trailer for Sam & Cat today, which will probably be sub-par like the later iCarly episodes, but I'll most likely check out the pilot to see how it is.

Back