The official "Hi, I'm new here!" thread

Mario Party Σ said:
Magikrazy said:
You know, phrases like "biggest fan" and "number one fan" are thrown around quite a bit. But it seems to me you literally are "The Ultimate Mario Fan". So congratulations and welcome to the Super Mario Boards. I'm Magikrazy.
You're wrong. So wrong.
whatever, penultimate mario fan :P

Thanks for the welcomes, paisanos! I'm glad to be here!

Mario Party Σ said:
The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
Thanks paisanos! I'm glad to be here. It really was only a matter of time until I decided to be active.

Quick question: One of these days, after posting here for a while, I would like to get my massive Mario collection up for display as a thread. Where would be the proper place to make a thread for that? Is there a limit on the number of images per post?
Mario collection, eh? Like to see that...

I thought you might! Ta-da!: http://s173.photobucket.com/user/Execute_Robot/library/The%20Ultimate%20Mario%20Fan%20TUMF%20Collection%20Gallery?sort=6&page=1

That isn't all of it (it's also kinda out-of-date), but it's most of it. My primarily focus has always been on Mario media (games, movies, music, books) as opposed to merch. I would buy everything Mario out there that exists but I only have so many coins!

Magikrazy said:
Mario Party Σ said:
Magikrazy said:
You know, phrases like "biggest fan" and "number one fan" are thrown around quite a bit. But it seems to me you literally are "The Ultimate Mario Fan". So congratulations and welcome to the Super Mario Boards. I'm Magikrazy.
You're wrong. So wrong.
whatever, penultimate mario fan :P

Hey, if he actually like Mario more than me then I'd be thrilled!!! :D I've been looking for a fellow fan who likes Mario as much as me for ages so we can gush about him together. :mario:

I thought you might! Ta-da!: http://s173.photobucket.com/user/Execute_Robot/library/The%20Ultimate%20Mario%20Fan%20TUMF%20Collection%20Gallery?sort=6&page=1

That isn't all of it (it's also kinda out-of-date), but it's most of it. My primarily focus has always been on Mario media (games, movies, music, books) as opposed to merch. I would buy everything Mario out there that exists but I only have so many coins!
Impressive. You seem to be focused on collecting the older stuff. I have some of the stuff you have, namely the plushies, but they prefer to be out of the bag.

This is stuff belonging to my sister and me. It's not up to date, since we have figuarts Mario/Luigi, Cat Mario/Luigi/Toad, the Koopalings, Fuzzy, Buzzy Beetle, and a few other friends we missed.

my_video_game_stuffed_animal_collection_by_babyluigionfire-d68ecqv.jpg

figures_and_stuff_by_babyluigionfire-d68ek6t.jpg

Do you know nightram? He's an avid Mario collector. I admire him for all that Mario stuff he has. Perhaps I can aspire to be like him one day... I follow his blog (videogamememorabilia) because he often updates on oncoming Mario stuff as well as other video game things.

Huh, one thing, your Mario 3DS holder seems different from mine!
Hey, if he actually like Mario more than me then I'd be thrilled!!! :D I've been looking for a fellow fan who likes Mario as much as me for ages so we can gush about him together. :mario:
But yes, as you see in that picture, I *love* Mario the character. In that first picture, my favorite Mario (the one next to Luigi, with the smaller Mario on top) has a friendship bracelet on his forehead. I hope people don't take it as creepy (I'm asexual/aromantic anyway) because that's not how I'm trying to convey how much I really like Mario.

Mario Party Σ said:
But yes, as you see in that picture, I *love* Mario the character. In that first picture, my favorite Mario (the one next to Luigi, with the smaller Mario on top) has a friendship bracelet on his forehead. I hope people don't take it as creepy (I'm asexual/aromantic anyway) because that's not how I'm trying to convey how much I really like Mario.

You should say that Baby Luigi wears the same friendship bracelet, indicating that they're best buddies.

Great collection, Σ paisano! Makes me want to snuggle up with it! :fancy:

Yep, I definitely know the 'tram. He's actually asked me to test things in my collection out for him before, not to mention there are many things I have that he doesn't own. Nightram focuses on the merchandise though and always has, while I focus on media. I can't resist some Mario merch here and there, but there's just too much out there to make a complete collection possible to achieve so I collect the games, books, movies, etc. From one collector to another, both he, Mitsugu Kikai, and Pete Dorr have my utmost respect.

I'm not on Nightram's forum yet but he has invited me to join (a couple times actually XD).

Great collection, Σ paisano! Makes me want to snuggle up with it! :fancy:

Yep, I definitely know the 'tram. He's actually asked me to test things in my collection out for him before, not to mention there are many things I have that he doesn't own. Nightram focuses on the merchandise though and always has, while I focus on media. I can't resist some Mario merch here and there, but there's just too much out there to make a complete collection possible to achieve so I collect the games, books, movies, etc. From one collector to another, both he, Mitsugu Kikai, and Pete Dorr have my utmost respect.

I'm not on Nightram's forum yet but he has invited me to join (a couple times actually XD).
Well, I guess I focus on the merchandise. They're always cool to look at. I rather focus on the GOOD stuff, though, like S.H. Figuarts Mario/Luigi and eventually the Mario and Luigi Nendoroid. The hideous plush bootlegs and all don't really interest me.

Name: Jared
Birth Date : 1.27
Hobbies : Computer & Internet , Music, Mario, & Reading
Favorite Mario Stuff : Super Mario Bros. ( NES Ver. ) , Super Mario All Stars , smb2 and3, and SMW

Re: Red is the new Red

robokoopa said:
Name: Jared
Birth Date : 1.27
Hobbies : Computer & Internet , Music, Mario, & Reading
Favorite Mario Stuff : Super Mario Bros. ( NES Ver. ) , Super Mario All Stars , smb2 and3, and SMW

WELCOME TO THE CLUB! Watch out for the stray Chain Chomps

Welcome, robokoopa.

The first rule of MarioBoards is never put the Chain Chomp in the "New here" thread.
The second rule of MarioBoards is NEVER put the Chain Chomp in the "New here" thread.

Name: Andrew
Birthday: November 14th
Hobbies: Music, Sports, Hanging out with Friends
Favorite Main series Mario game: Super Mario Sunshine for Gamecube!

Marie said:
welcome
how did you get your personal text to clip into your post

Marie, I went into the settings of my account and added a signature. That is how I have a personal text under my post. Thanks for asking!

KingKoopa21 said:
Marie said:
welcome

Marie, I went into the settings of my account and added a signature. That is how I have a personal text under my post. Thanks for asking!
No, he meant your "RAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRR!".

To answer the question in your sig, it's just standard, voice, and op. They don't use anything else iirc.

Also, welcome!

NEXandGBX said:
KingKoopa21 said:
Marie said:
welcome

No, he meant your "RAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRR!".

To answer the question in your sig, it's just standard, voice, and op. They don't use anything else iirc.

Also, welcome!

I was just noticed that NEXandGBX

All i did was make my personal text too long.

Back