The official "Hi, I'm new here!" thread

Hi Gato. 'sup?

Welcome to the forums, Gato. My name is Shy Guy Forever, but most people call me Shy Guy.
Honoka Kousaka said:
By the way, if you see a Chain Chomp in a cage, for the love of all that is holy, do not release it.
He can't, because I already did. :dk:

Hello, everyone! Name's Mina! So uh, it's nice to be here. :) I guess I should start off by saying that my absolute favorite games are Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (hence where I got my username), Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, and many others. I play on my 3DS a lot, heh. I also joined because this forum looks very fun and I hope to have a fun time! I honestly love Luigi a lot more than Mario, by the way. He's just so adorable~! Anyway, that's pretty much all I could say for now... see you guys around! :D

Glitchy said:
Welcome, gloomymanor. I'm Glitchy. Despite what the others say, there isn't a loose chain chomp.
Don't listen to him, gloomynator. He is a non-believer.

BTW, welcome to the forums!

Re: The TUMF is in!

Ciao paisanos! :mario: I go by the moniker "The Ultimate Mario Fan," but most people just call me TUMF. Some of you might remember me—I was a regular at the old original NSider Mario Board and I've been a member of MarioWiki (making various edits) since 2007. After NSider went defunct I found a new home for a while at NSider2, another Nintendo fan forum, but that place has since grown hostile and indistinguishable from the site I first joined. I'm hoping the Mario Boards here are a more welcome place where we gamers can just be ourselves and discuss our earnest love for Mario games.

But enough of the circumstances that lead me here, onto my bio!

MKAGP2Mario.png

My first video game ever was back in '97 with Mario Kart 64, and my favorite game of all time is Super Mario 64. Since then, Mario has become my unflagging passion and way of life. The difference with me as a fan is I adore the character Mario specifically, not simply as a collective series. In particular I'm a huge fan of "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!", of which I watch and quote religiously, and I consider it one of the primary high points in Mario's developmental history.

mariocartoon.jpg

Throughout the years, I've been very busy obtaining any and all media in which Mario has held an active role. I own EVERY SINGLE American Mario game to date (and almost all Japanese exclusives), I own all the Mario comics and am now working on the manga, have a wide array of Mario plushes and other appliances and oddities, own almost every soundtrack and major strategy guide released for each Mario game, own all the Mario TV shows, am always humming and singing Mario, wear Mario apparel, have Mario stuff all over the house, play Mario games whenever I can, and am a mad collector of anything Mario! (In fact, you can view my collection right here! http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w71/Execute_Robot/MKAGP2Mario.png) As you can see, I simply love Mario!

Mariostalk.jpg

It's always been my ultimate goal to own the original VHS copy of "Super Mario Bros.: Peach-Hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen!", which I want more than anything and have been sedulously searching for for numerous years now. My overall mission is to own all the Mario media ever released in this country and exclusively in Japan. I am a forever true, proud and devout hardcore fanatic of his, and I believe him to be Nintendo's paramount crowning achievement. I hope that all the Wiki users here, and the whole world over, help give Mario the respect he so rightfully deserves.

SMBDX_Kiss_Pic.png

In my spare time (when I'm not doing something Mario!), I draw, play banjo, read classic literature, sew, work on homework, and practice Italian. Back in high school I achieved the prestigious rank of Eagle Scout (with seven Eagle Palms). Now I'm an honors scholar and dean's list student at the college I attend as well as a writer for the collegiate newsletter. My personal goal in life? Well, a pipe dream is to meet with Shigeru Miyamoto and/or Charles Martinet... On slightly more "practical" grounds, I'm endeavoring to get a Master's degree in a humanities subject such as Italian, English, literature, illustration, or music. My primary aspiration is to become a professional cartoonist, but I would be happy with really any career that involves extensive creativity.

mariopaint1.jpg

I also have a deep-rooted affinity and fervent passion in all things Italy: its language, its culture, its people, its food, its landmarks, its history, its cinema, its music, its literature... You get the idea. One of the main reasons I love Mario so much is because he's Italian, and all the positive publicity he's given to his outstanding nationality. C'mon, we all know Mario's awesome because of that 'stache! By birth I'm not Italian at all (I WISH I WAS!!), but I've been learning the language for many years. One of my lifelong dreams is to visit Italia for at least a year, and perhaps even live there someday.

images.jpg

Believe it or not, there are a few other characters I'm a huge fan of (aside from Mario of course!), including: Donatello from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Geodude, Brock, Felix the Cat, Gimli from Lord of the Rings, Sanosuke from Rurouni Kenshin, Banjo Kazooie, Waddle Dee, Dozla, Knuckles the Echidna, and Garfield. I also like Final Fantasy IV, Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid, Animal Crossing, and Phoenix Wright. In terms of video game music, I love anything by Koji Kondo, Hip Tanaka, Kenta Nagata, Yasunori Mitsuda, Yoko Shimomura, Motoi Sakuraba, Nobuo Uematsu, and Grant Kirkhope. In terms of other music, I love Bach, The Beach Boys, Earl Scruggs, Boston, The Fray, Lúnasa, Journey, Counting Crows, Eric Clapton, and MC Hammer.

HelmetMario.png

As a newly active member, I hope to share my supreme admiration for Super Mario and spread respect, enjoyment, pithiness, puns, and sesquipedalian comments toward his name. Here also I hope to have a great time with fellow gamers discussing video games, the greatest thing since sliced bread. So arrivederci for now, and keep playin' Mario! "Now you're playin' with power! Super MARIO power!!" (Σ(;o}D

Mss_main_ending_celebration-1.png

You know, phrases like "biggest fan" and "number one fan" are thrown around quite a bit. But it seems to me you literally are "The Ultimate Mario Fan". So congratulations and welcome to the Super Mario Boards. I'm Magikrazy.

Welcome to the Super Mario Boards! I'm NEXandGBX, but most people call me Nex. Enjoy your stay!

Also, while I would not recommend using fancy formatting like that in every post, at least this one is pleasing to the eye, unlike some of them.
[shudders at early days]

Thanks paisanos! I'm glad to be here. It really was only a matter of time until I decided to be active.

Quick question: One of these days, after posting here for a while, I would like to get my massive Mario collection up for display as a thread. Where would be the proper place to make a thread for that? Is there a limit on the number of images per post?

The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
Quick question: One of these days, after posting here for a while, I would like to get my massive Mario collection up for display as a thread. Where would be the proper place to make a thread for that? Is there a limit on the number of images per post?
The proper place would be Fan Creations, iirc. No limit on images, but spoiler them if there is a lot so people's computers don't explode.

Re: The TUMF is in!

Welcome to the Super Mario Boards! Watch out for stray Chain Chomps!

Honoka Kousaka said:
The proper place would be Fan Creations, iirc. No limit on images, but spoiler them if there is a lot so people's computers don't explode.
Aww, I like explosions!

Thanks paisanos! I'm glad to be here. It really was only a matter of time until I decided to be active.

Mario collection, eh? Like to see that...

It's unlimited, but it's ideal to post about 10 per post.

Welcome, Ultimate Mario Fan!

Technically, The Ultimate Mario Fan is not a new user. The person registered in September 20, 2007...

uhhhhhhh, welcome back, I suppose?

What, are you the stray Chain Chomp?

Magikrazy said:
You know, phrases like "biggest fan" and "number one fan" are thrown around quite a bit. But it seems to me you literally are "The Ultimate Mario Fan". So congratulations and welcome to the Super Mario Boards. I'm Magikrazy.
You're wrong. So wrong.

And it doesn't matter about his collection size. I'd probably do the same if I had the monehz and was not risking foreclosure.

Back