Project Aviate: Now (kinda) accepting sign-ups!

If you've finished reading the story, rate it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Contra(dictory)

also I hang out here, I guess
Project Aviate can be seen here.

Features:
  • Exciting gameplay mechanics! (it's written in first person)
  • A rapid-fire update system! (short stages, frequent updates)
  • Easier navigation! (the entire story can be accessed from the main page, using the tab interface- you never have to load another page)
  • Blood! (blood)
  • More blood! (seriously, a lot of it)
  • A stupid amount of pop-culture references!
  • A boss soundtrack (read: songs composed for the story's "boss fights") made by Diving Station!

Inspired by:
  • (nanananana-)Batman
  • No More Heroes
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Uncharted
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Half-Life/Portal series
  • ...and many more!

By "kinda" accepting sign-ups, that means you're allowed to sign up but I may or may not implement you.

If you sign up, however, you're giving me permission to do whatever I want with your character.

Don't worry, you'll be awesome. I never fail to meet expectations on a characterization front.

Read. Review. Enjoy.

Re: Project Aviate

So what, is this a remake or redo or sequel or whatever?

>Ishimaru
>Head of crime syndicate

Amazing.

Anyway, good job on the intro, I think I'll like this much better than Typical Tragedy.

Nabber said:
>Ishimaru
>Head of crime syndicate
Part of a crime syndicate.

I read DR myself- the irony is intentional.

Anyways, this is going to be much different from Typical Tragedy or Aviatebeta, so I hope you guys'll like it.

Good, but I think you could have made the electrocution scene more agonizing.

First time I've tried to write a torture scene.

(and before you say Tabuu's Guide To Sadistic Torture, I never took that seriously)

Nabber said:
Anyway, good job on the intro, I think I'll like this much better than Typical Tragedy.
Only because you died in TT.
Travis Touchdown said:
(and before you say Tabuu's Guide To Sadistic Torture, I never took that seriously)
[me=Jack_Noir]stamps his foot in frustration[/me]

Curses! You anticipated me!

Hector returns... I'm not sure if that's good or not. : | My jury is out for now.

Also this is actually pretty interesting and intriguing from the start, which was one flaw of Typical Tragedy - nothing happened in the beginning.

Hector has had a complete redesign and is basically a completely different character in this, you know. : P

also this
Stage 2 said:
I hopped onto the ledge of the roof and leaped off of it, crashing onto the brown clay roof of the East Side's local Chinese restaurant, "The Wiki Wall".

The place was run by a group of people who thought "ching chong" was legitimate Chinese and that as long as a dish is served with a side of fried rice, it's totes China, bro.

The owners are douchebags. But the food? Actually kind of good.

It is. Also, did you see the little quote from the chapter I'm writing I put there? o:

There's going to be plenty of injections of random backstory as the story goes on- from that sample, do you think it's going to be a good thing or a bad thing?

Yes, no... depends on if it's funny or not.

Or if it serves to cameo people you don't feel like taking the time to write in to the story.

Or if it's foreshadowing for something to come.

So basically I'm going to give you the #1 lawyer answer: It depends.

Relatively. It's nothing hysterical though.
Jack Noir said:
Nabber said:
Only because you died in TT.
Travis Touchdown said:
[me=Jack_Noir]stamps his foot in frustration[/me]

Curses! You anticipated me!

Hector returns... I'm not sure if that's good or not. : | My jury is out for now.

Also this is actually pretty interesting and intriguing from the start, which was one flaw of Typical Tragedy - nothing happened in the beginning.
Oh please I got bored of TT before I died.

Pretty much. I tried to keep reading but by Part 2 of the Finale-
Wait, why am I even defending myself? I'm not going to argue with you if you really think that I'm the type of person to not like a story just because I'm not in it.

Good. I thought the sentences were a bit choppy in the first half though.

Nabber said:
Wait, why am I even defending myself? I'm not going to argue with you if you really think that I'm the type of person to not like a story just because I'm not in it.
well that wasn't my point at all but w/e

also this is nifty but kinda on the short side

Yeah, I know- remember, I'm tackling each chapter like a stage in a video game. Some of them are going to be on the shorter side- but that means quicker, more frequent updates!

Travis Touchdown said:
Yeah, I know- remember, I'm tackling each chapter like a stage in a video game. Some of them are going to be on the shorter side- but that means quicker, more frequent updates!
i recall the days when you were churning out 1-2 chapters of TT a day

Back