Gravity Falls

Epic Nitwit said:
I've watched up to episode 9. I have a question: Was the time traveller actually in those episodes like it was shown at the end?
Yeah, he was.

I've finished all the episodes that are out. I gotta say, the Summerween episode's ending was kinda weird.

Also, I know this is a really old post, but I feel the need to adress it anyway:
Smashgoom202 said:
For those of you who aren't convinced that this isn't just a kids show (and that the Disney Channel totally doesn't realize what they got into):

0a2.jpeg

...Yeah...

Why didn't I see him? Seriously, I looked as hard as I could. He wasn't there.

Epic Nitwit said:
I've finished all the episodes that are out. I gotta say, the Summerween episode's ending was kinda weird.

Also, I know this is a really old post, but I feel the need to adress it anyway:
Smashgoom202 said:
For those of you who aren't convinced that this isn't just a kids show (and that the Disney Channel totally doesn't realize what they got into):

0a2.jpeg

...Yeah...

Why didn't I see him? Seriously, I looked as hard as I could. He wasn't there.
That's a fake image, as explained to me earlier on in this thread.

Smashgoom202 said:

0a2.jpeg

...Yeah...
I'd still say it's a family-friendly cartoon. I'd much rather let my children watch this than any of the mindless dribble on TV these days.

So.
I was reading an article and found this picture:
129125_0160_ful-660x371.jpg

What I'm interested is in the upper-left-hand corner.
VZp7A.png

Now, the clue is "as above, so below", right?
Notice how there are mountains, and below that there's what looks like an upside down city?

On the subject of the Dipper x Wendy x Robbie love triangle, I don't really mind it as long as its not the plot for a lot of the episodes, since I think it's been the plot for three of so far ten, maybe even more episodes (The Inconveniencing, Time Traveler's Pig, and Double Dipper).

Also, Blendin Blandin was the best mysterious character. I hope he appears again.

While we're waiting for the next episode, has anyone else been noticing this show's soundtrack? It's actually pretty cool for a cartoon.

In honor of Halloween, I decided to watch a mini-marathon of Gravity Falls episodes, including the Summerween episode.

It was pretty darn good! Really liked it! ESPECIALLY the Summerween Trickster! I've just got so much to say about this episode...

First off, I'm of the opinion that you're never too old to go trick-or-treating. I just don't do it anymore because I'm lazy. I mean, come on, free-freaking-candy, yo! I figured Dipper didn't want to go trick-or-treating because of Wendy, not to mention the "resolution" between Dipper and Mabel about "trick-or-treating while you can" felt a little forced. Not to mention, I could only WISH for a Summerween where I live. Any of you live in Oregon? Maybe you guys should start that tradition.

Glad we got to see Mabel's friends again. More friendly recurring characters are fine by me!

I knew Grunkle Stan was going to succeed in scaring kids just by being himself... Also, did Stan gain weight? He looks fatter than usual.

Finally, the Summerween Trickster. He was definitely a lot scarier and more awesome at first. The outfit, the voice, the way he creeped around... Hell, when he actually SWALLOWED that kid, I was genuinely shocked! I figured that he was going to get out somehow, but still, that was intense, ESPECIALLY for Disney Channel! I think it's after he started chasing after the group that things got less scary. He looked less creepy and more like a jelly bean with arms and legs... Which actually kind of make sense, considering he's made of the discarded candy of Summerween. I kind of liked how there was a satisfying end with him, that he was glad that Soos enjoyed eating the candy he's made of (even after eating him, then Soos eating the Trickster from the inside out).

The recorded episode got cut off before the credits, so I don't know what happened there... I'll probably look it up later. Overall, good episode.

OK I just figured out why I something about Gravity Falls always seemed familiarly awesome to me.

MATT CHAPMAN OCCASIONALLY DOES WORK ON GRAVITY FALLS

MATT CHAPMAN

IT ALL MAKES PERFECT SENSE NOW

tumblr_m93aq3hFuW1qgrp5zo2_500.png

Go Gravity Falls! Go Gravity Falls!

Sorry, I don't know how to post videos.

It's not on YouTube. I would try the Disney website but they usually only have one or two episodes.

Banjo said:
MATT CHAPMAN OCCASIONALLY DOES WORK ON GRAVITY FALLS

MATT CHAPMAN
Next week:

Dipper and Mabel seek answers when several thatched roof cottages are mysteriously burninated.

Smashgoom202 said:
Doc Louis said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Again, I'd like the source of that info.
I was joking. That's not really the next episode.
Not YOU, I want to see where it says Matt Chapman occasionally does work on this show!

Found it on Wikipedia and some other sites. Please don't feel obligated to hammer me down with the "Wikipedia is an unreliable source" speech.

Back