Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
In this topic, we'll discuss about some Subspace Plotholes. Some of these just leave me baffled as to why there is no explanation to some events that occurred. I'd share some of these:

1. How did Tabuu steal the Halberd? It simply appeared after Mario and Kirby battled each other.
2. Why did Tabuu try to control the world? Where is his motivation?
3. Why did Rayquaza attack Fox and Diddy?
4. Why were Mario and Luigi separate? They are usually seen together when they are adventuring yet they are in very distant lands. Their relationship is never shown in the whole story.
5. Some of the unlockable characters' places are in really bizarre locations. An example of the Pleiades and the Lylat Cruise stage appearing in The Cave
6. Why did Kirby have a shorter duration to recover when a Dedede badge is attached to him?
7. How did Bowser, Ganondorf, Wario, and King Dedede even begin working in the dark side?
8. Where did Sonic come from? He just appears spontaneously.
9. In the scene with the giant canon, where did the good guys obtain their vehicles from?
10. In one scene, Pit can fly, but in another, Pit suddenly can't.
11. According to the Shadow Bug trophy, Mr. Game & Watch is filled with the dark stuff. Why him?
12. Why did Kirby suddenly abandon the princess in one scene?

I would like to discuss these and perhaps have some more plot holes I haven't covered yet "explained".

1. It was in an unused backstory
2. Tabuu was power hungry
3. They invaded his turf
4. I don't know
5. Subspace is a crazy place. Locations can change
6. Maybe it had something to do with his stomach
7. Dedede was good guy the whole time. The others probably wanted revenge on their enemies.
8. He was put in the game last minute be developers.
9. I don't know
10. He didn't want to leave Mario behind
11. Plot device
12. He sensed Dedede

Baby Luigi said:
In this topic, we'll discuss about some Subspace Plotholes. Some of these just leave me baffled as to why there is no explanation to some events that occurred. I'd share some of these:

1. How did Tabuu steal the Halberd? It simply appeared after Mario and Kirby battled each other.
Before the story or something, Meta Knight was fighting off Tabuu when King Dedede attacked at the same time which made him lose.
Baby Luigi said:
he needed a plot for his latest fanfic release
Baby Luigi said:
Why does Raquaza fight you when you meet him at the tower instead of running away? Because he feels like it.
Baby Luigi said:
4. Why were Mario and Luigi separate? They are usually seen together when they are adventuring yet they are in very distant lands. Their relationship is never shown in the whole story.
Mario was at the stadium battling but Luigi missed his plane and had to walk the whole way there.
Baby Luigi said:
5. Some of the unlockable characters' places are in really bizarre locations. An example of the Pleiades and the Lylat Cruise stage appearing in The Cave
uh what

restate the question please
Baby Luigi said:
6. Why did Kirby have a shorter duration to recover when a Dedede badge is attached to him?
Shorter? I thought he recovered after the others.

It's probably due to his digestion rate or something.
Baby Luigi said:
7. How did Bowser, Ganondorf, Wario, and King Dedede even begin working in the dark side?
Dedede was actually on the good side and saved everyone with his previously created Dedede brooches.

As for the others, Ganondorf wanted to take over the power Master Hand had, Bowser was in it to beat Mario and get Peach, and Wario was just bored.
Baby Luigi said:
SonicMario wished him into being by sheer willpower.
Baby Luigi said:
9. In the scene with the giant canon, where did the good guys obtain their vehicles from?
They had them all along but hadn't used them yet.
Baby Luigi said:
He didn't fly in that part because he knew Ancient Minister would fry his wings like he did to Meta Knight in another scene.
Baby Luigi said:
11. According to the Shadow Bug trophy, Mr. Game & Watch is filled with the dark stuff. Why him?
He's two-dimensional and monochromatic.
Baby Luigi said:
He's lame.

1. This was explained in a scene that was cut.
7. King Dedede never was on the evil side. To answer your question, after Tabuu brainwashed the Master Hand with his Chains, he gave the dark cannons to Boswer, Ganondorf, and Wario.
8. Many speculate that when the giant cannon shot into the distance, that's where Sonic was.
12. He saw Bowser, and decided that it's every puffball for himself.

Dammit ninja'd.

Gogeta said:
1. It was in an unused backstory
2. Tabuu was power hungry
3. They invaded his turf
4. I don't know
5. Subspace is a crazy place. Locations can change
6. Maybe it had something to do with his stomach
7. Dedede was good guy the whole time. The others probably wanted revenge on their enemies.
8. He was put in the game last minute be developers.
9. I don't know
10. He didn't want to leave Mario behind
11. Plot device
12. He sensed Dedede

1. I heard that the scene got removed. Shameful, it could have covered up that plothole
2. Ok, so he is a mildly evil character with no motivation. Yeah.
3. Rayquaza is underwater, how could they invande its turf? Also, another plot hole: Rayquaza is a sky Pokemon, what was it doing underwater?
4. No answer on that since you don't know, thus it truly is a plothole
5. The world is crazy ONLY in the Great Maze. Everywhere else seems like a perfectly normal place.
6. I don't know either. I wish someone could give a thorough explanation on why Kirby got a shorter duration of being a trophy.
7. That could be true
8. I knew I would get an answer like that. We're talking about game story terms, not if the developers did a last on addition. So do you know how in the world Sonic entered the Subspace world?
9. A true plothole.....
10. But I would fathom Pit would leave Mario behind if it meant saving the world. And besides, he was an inch close to the Subspace Bomb the Ancient Minister was carrying.
11. Maybe
12. Doesn't explain why Kirby couldn't take the princesses with him. And besides, King Dedede is nowhere to be seen

1. There was supposed to be a scene to show Meta Knight being attacked by both Dedede and the Subspace Army. Meta Knight couldn't handle two threats at once, so he had to abandon ship. Dedede then somehow heard about Tabuu's plan and decided to make the badges as an emergency back-up plan. Dedede may or may not have been a member of the Subspace Army before hearing of Tabuu's plan.

2. He's a villain.

3. Rayquaza was probably just territorial or really cranky.

7. They're villains and Tabuu was controlling Master Hand, so "Master Hand", probably convinced them to join them and promised their dreams of world domination and the defeat of their heroic arch enemies.

8. When Bowser and Ganondorf were testing the Subspace Gunship, they randomly fire a laser and it produces another spherical entrance to Subspace. Its possible Sonic was in the location that got hit by the laser. Alternatively, Eggman was an unseen member of the Subspace Army and was keeping Soinc busy. Sonic defeated Eggman and either demanded to be sent into Subspace to help the other heroes, or Eggman had a device that could send him to Subspace.

9. They already had the Meta Knight, Falcon, Fox, and Falco's ships. The only ones that really came out of nowhere were Samus' ship and Kirby's Dragoon. Olimar's Rocket was actually on the Isle of Ancients since his ship can be seen in the background, so the real question is how did Olimar get his ship back when the isle was sucked into Subspace?

10. The first time he fell from a high altitude, his own level, Skyworld. Regarding when he couldn't fly, I'm guessing you mean the part where he uses Mario as a spring. Well, he was on the ground. Pit might only have the ability to fly if he jumps from a high enough altitude.

11. Mr. Game and Watch doesn't really have a backstory since his creator sadly passed away. This was Brawl's developers using their creativity.

Don Pianta said:
11. Mr. Game and Watch doesn't really have a backstory since his creator sadly passed away. This was Brawl's developers using their creativity.
Um Mr. Game & Watch didn't debut until 1997 a year after Gunpei Yokoi left Nintendo

Jack Noir said:
Baby Luigi said:

Before the story or something, Meta Knight was fighting off Tabuu when King Dedede attacked at the same time which made him lose.
Baby Luigi said:
he needed a plot for his latest fanfic release
Baby Luigi said:
Why does Raquaza fight you when you meet him at the tower instead of running away? Because he feels like it.
Baby Luigi said:
Mario was at the stadium battling but Luigi missed his plane and had to walk the whole way there.
Baby Luigi said:
uh what

restate the question please
Baby Luigi said:
Shorter? I thought he recovered after the others.

It's probably due to his digestion rate or something.
Baby Luigi said:
Dedede was actually on the good side and saved everyone with his previously created Dedede brooches.

As for the others, Ganondorf wanted to take over the power Master Hand had, Bowser was in it to beat Mario and get Peach, and Wario was just bored.
Baby Luigi said:
SonicMario wished him into being by sheer willpower.
Baby Luigi said:
They had them all along but hadn't used them yet.
Baby Luigi said:
He didn't fly in that part because he knew Ancient Minister would fry his wings like he did to Meta Knight in another scene.
Baby Luigi said:
He's two-dimensional and monochromatic.
Baby Luigi said:
He's lame.

1. Again, that scene should have been left in. It would have covered up that plothole.
2. What a scoop!
3. Rayquaza doesn't immediately fight you. Don't you have to walk and talk to it before it can fight you? And still, what is it doing in the water when it should be in the sky?
4. Hm, that sounds reasonable, even though it's pretty silly.
5. I meant how in the world Lylat Cruise could be in The Cave. There is a door in The Cave that let you to a place where you fight Wolf.
6. He did revive after the others, but his overall duration of staying in trophy form was far shorter than the other guys who got Dedede pinned.
7. Ok, that sounds good.
8. SonicMario should have done that earlier, BEFORE Tabuu used his red rings of death so we wouldn't have to go through the Great Maze!
9. I haven't seen them, though. Did they just make it magically appear?
10. Then why didn't the Ancient Minister tried frying them when he is getting pursued by them?
11. How can something 2D have volume and filled up with an infinite source of Shadow Bugs?
12. We all know Kirby is lame, but WHY?

Or maybe desperate times call for desperate measures?

Baby Luigi said:
3. Rayquaza doesn't immediately fight you. Don't you have to walk and talk to it before it can fight you? And still, what is it doing in the water when it should be in the sky?
5. I meant how in the world Lylat Cruise could be in The Cave. There is a door in The Cave that let you to a place where you fight Wolf.
6. He did revive after the others, but his overall duration of staying in trophy form was far shorter than the other guys who got Dedede pinned.
8. SonicMario should have done that earlier, BEFORE Tabuu used his red rings of death so we wouldn't have to go through the Great Maze!
9. I haven't seen them, though. Did they just make it magically appear?
10. Then why didn't the Ancient Minister tried frying them when he is getting pursued by them?
11. How can something 2D have volume and filled up with an infinite source of Shadow Bugs?
12. We all know Kirby is lame, but WHY?
3. I'll admit that Rayquaza being in the water was strange. Perhaps it's a passage to the deep ocean where he'd just gotten through with pacifying Kyogre? It would certainly explain why he was grouchy and attacked.
5. The doors are magic warping doors, using the same technology that allows the Warp Pipes in Bowser's Inside Story to both enlarge Mario and Luigi and transport them through space and time to Toad Town.
6. Perhaps he inadvertently copied the badge's revive powers and then he auto-revived, like how he auto-sleeps after getting the Sleep power.
8. New theory - Sonic was playing Brawl and realized after Tabuu wiped them out the first time that they needed help or otherwise he couldn't compete against Mario in the Olympics so he went to save them.
9. Samus's ship could fly down from orbit, and the same for Olimar's. Fox probably retrieved that Arwing from the wrecked Great Fox, and Kirby built the Dragoon from pieces gathered from enemies on the Halberd.
10. Perhaps he was saving his laser energy until he needed it?
11. No one fully understands the second dimension.
12. I suppose we can just assume he was a coward? If you're referring to the scene at the beginning, I think he was looking for Mario and made a futile attempt to save him. He returned and saved the princesses though, so...

^ That would only be the case if Dedede designed the badges that way, which he obviously didn't since it took so long for Ness and Luigi revive.

As for some polt holes of my own:

1. How did Samus lose her suit? I guess the obvious answer would be the Subspace Army stole it.

2. Not a plothole, but how would K. Rool react to someone else stealing DK's bananas and turning the Kongs into trophies.

Ridley attacked Samus so she infiltrated the research facility to get the suit back and beat him up

Don Pianta said:
how would K. Rool react to someone else stealing DK's bananas and turning the Kongs into trophies.
He's probably already planning his revenge on the Tikis.

Minuette said:
Don Pianta said:
how would K. Rool react to someone else stealing DK's bananas and turning the Kongs into trophies.
He's probably already planning his revenge on the Tikis.

I know what you're talking about, but I just want to point out that I was referring to Bowser, not the Tikis.

Why did Yoshi team up with Link to fight against Mario and Pit? Aren't Mario and Yoshi all-time pals?

Anser said:
Why did Yoshi team up with Link to fight against Mario and Pit? Aren't Mario and Yoshi all-time pals?
Link was in the forest. So was Yoshi. They saw some Shadow Bugs, so they teamed up and fought. It's as simple as that.

EDIT: Wait, I see what you mean now. I don't know either.

Mario and Yoshi fought each other because depending on which princess you save from Petey Piranha, the one that was rescued will be trophy-fied and a Shadow Bug clone will be made.

In Mario's case, he thinks Link killed Peach and that Yoshi helped him.

In Link's case he thinks Mario killed Zelda and Yoshi is probably appalled Mario would do something like that.

1: It's probable that Dedede worked for the Subspace Army before realizing Tabuu's real objective. While Dedede kept Meta Knight busy, the Subspace Army could take over the Halberd. However, the Subspace Army later ditched Dedede, which really made Dedede question his motives. After the betrayal, Dedede decided to do research on the leader, and learned about the Off-Waves. That's pretty much where the Dedede Badges came to play.

2: Tabuu is most likely just power-hungry, with no real reason to conquer the World of Trophies.

3: Rayquaza is a highly territorial Pokemon. If you've watched the Destiny Deoxys movie, Rayquaza only chased after Deoxys because it thought that it was threatening its territory.

4: It's probable that Luigi went his separate way in an attempt to become more courageous.

5: Okay, I'm lost there.

6: The badge was originally activated on Peach/Zelda, but when the badge got removed, Kirby swallowed it while it was still active.

7: It's probable that they just wanted to have revenge against the good guys. Of course, Dedede's motives were very questionable to Tabuu.

8: It's sort of like a reference to the quote, "Late for the show, but ready to go!"

9: They probably transported them into the Halberd, just before getting set to attack the Gunship.

10: He must've used the Wings of Icarus, which has a time limit.

11: He lives in a monochrome world, which tends to utilize black and white colors?

12: Kirby obviously noticed Dedede and chased after him, completely oblivious to Bowser's presence.

Baby Luigi said:

I would like to discuss these and perhaps have some more plot holes I haven't covered yet "explained".
1. Backstory
2. He probably just wants to enjoy being the only one alive.
3. He was mad at having to calm Kyogre again for the umpteenth time, so he just had to lash out.
4. Because Mario wanted to have Peach for himself.
5. Dimension hopping!
6. He's smaller, and he swallowed it earlier.
7. More backstory time!
8. He was just walking and he accidentally went into SubSpace.
9. Remote contols do all the work for them
10. Wings of Icarus had expired.
11. His DNA is composed of Shadow Bugs.
12. He got hungry

these arent plotholes, they are just results of lack of backstory and lack of storytelling due to no voice acting

Dude, Rayquaza is a very territorial pokemon.

like how it was seen in destiny deoxys where Rayquaza attacked Deoxys.

Paper Jorge said:
these arent plotholes, they are just results of lack of backstory and lack of storytelling due to no voice acting

Probably only some are the result of the lack of backstory, but the storytelling issue could easily be resolved of more scenes or subtitles. Since they somehow refuse to explain why events happen, they'll create plot holes.

Back