Subspace Emissary Plotholes

Baby Luigi said:
1. How did Tabuu steal the Halberd? It simply appeared after Mario and Kirby battled each other.
His hench-men stole it while Meta Knight wasn't looking.
2. Why did Tabuu try to control the world? Where is his motivation?
For the plethora of reasons why anybody wants to rule the world.

3. Why did Rayquaza attack Fox and Diddy?
Why did it attack Deoxys?
4. Why were Mario and Luigi separate? They are usually seen together when they are adventuring yet they are in very distant lands. Their relationship is never shown in the whole story.
Relationship is already known. It's not impossible for them to become separated, it's just the likelihood of happening isn't really great.
5. Some of the unlockable characters' places are in really bizarre locations. An example of the Pleiades and the Lylat Cruise stage appearing in The Cave
Never gave too much thought on it.
6. Why did Kirby have a shorter duration to recover when a Dedede badge is attached to him?
It's basically an inanimate object trying to give an animate touch. Plus they could of been timed.
7. How did Bowser, Ganondorf, Wario, and King Dedede even begin working in the dark side?
Because they're evil and greedy and all want to rule over a vast dominion.
8. Where did Sonic come from? He just appears spontaneously.
That's Sonic
9. In the scene with the giant canon, where did the good guys obtain their vehicles from?
We don't really know how much time was given between those two scenes, so they could of got the vehicles from where they land it or they were already in one of the ships.
10. In one scene, Pit can fly, but in another, Pit suddenly can't.
Correction, he was gliding, not flying. It even mentions somewhere in the game that his wings are too small for flight.
11. According to the Shadow Bug trophy, Mr. Game & Watch is filled with the dark stuff. Why him?
Because he's a rather mysterious character. It's like saying why are plants green? Because the chlorophyll in them is green, maybe the same logic here.
12. Why did Kirby suddenly abandon the princess in one scene?
To me it seems more like either a "stay here, I'll be back" or "Somethings over there, I'll investigate."

Maybe Mario doesn't like Yoshi as much as you would like to think.

I mean come on, Mario bangs his head in order for him to eat fruit, Mario lets Yoshi take all the hits for him, Mario does whatever it takes to abuse Yoshi to go to the next part of the level.

And as a thank you to all of that? Mario simply uses Yoshi as an extra jump to save himself from falling down a pit.

Anser said:
^ Could have*

I still want an explanation to my Mario and Yoshi question. D:

It could be possible that Yoshi was meant to be represented as the generic green Yoshi as like in the Yoshi's Island games, so he pretty much helped whoever was in need of assistance and since Link was there he was pretty much the partner made for Yoshi as opposed to Mario (who was shown as Link's enemy earlier on). This kind of adds on as to how Yoshi's trophy in Brawl never mentions the character but only the species of Yoshis.

Of course, I could be wrong as Yoshi is more likely to be the Yoshi character, and his partnership with Link was mostly likely left in just for plot purposes. We did see Mario riding Yoshi in one scene as well later on.

I call for incongruence. I think it was a mistake from their part to have made Mario fight against Yoshi in the story because they have always been portrayed as very good friends. Yoshi has never complained about the treat he gets from Mario, so that thing of "Yoshi may not like Mario (or viceversa) that much" is just something you believe, but has never been shown.

Anser said:
I call for incongruence. I think it was a mistake from their part to have made Mario fight against Yoshi in the story because they have always been portrayed as very good friends. Yoshi has never complained about the treat he gets from Mario, so that thing of "Yoshi may not like Mario (or viceversa) that much" is just something you believe, but has never been shown.

I think how Mario and Luigi are separate is way more baffling than Mario fighting Yoshi. Mario and Luigi always have been very close....until this mode occurred.

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

I think how Mario and Luigi are separate is way more baffling than Mario fighting Yoshi. Mario and Luigi always have been very close....until this mode occurred.

That is something that should also be explained more thoroughly. It's not mandatory that they are together all the time, though. But, in situations like this, the normal thing would be having the two brothers together. I guess we'll never know, sadly.

Xia Wang said:
Baby Luigi said:
4. Why were Mario and Luigi separate? They are usually seen together when they are adventuring yet they are in very distant lands. Their relationship is never shown in the whole story.
Relationship is already known. It's not impossible for them to become separated, it's just the likelihood of happening isn't really great.
Hello!

Xia Wang said:
Xia Wang said:
Baby Luigi said:
Hello!

Sorry, I overlooked your post and about that part :P

It's still weird for them to be separated without any sort of real explanation

Anser said:
Why in the world would Yoshi have killed Peach if she's also her friend?
That's what Mario was thinking.

Maybe he thought this:

"What the heck? Yoshi's killed Peach! Why would he do that? He must have gone mad! I'll teach him to kill ladies!"

Minuette said:
Anser said:

Maybe he thought this:

"What the heck? Yoshi's killed Peach! Why would he do that? He must have gone mad! I'll teach him to kill ladies!"
Mario's going to give Yoshi a course about how to kill ladies?

Count Mario said:
Minuette said:
Anser said:

Maybe he thought this:

I think he meant "I'll teach him not to do stuff like that!"

Count Mario said:
Yeah, I kind of knew that, sorry that you didn't. I was just trying to make a little joke on how he pronounced it.

I knew it was a joke too. That's for anyone who takes jokes a little too seriously

Count Mario said:
Minuette said:
Anser said:

Maybe he thought this:

Did I not word that right?

Yoshi is not killing Peach right! Mario doesn't like the way Yoshi kills Peach, so Mario will teach it how to kill Peach, Mario-style!

Minuette said:
Count Mario said:
Minuette said:
Anser said:

Maybe he thought this:

Did I not word that right?
Don't worry you pronounced it right. It was just a little joke.

Anser said:
I still want an explanation to my Mario and Yoshi question. D:

For the False Zelda dilemma, it's probable that Yoshi didn't want to fight Mario, but because Link began the conflict, he had no choice but to defend himself.

What I want to know is why is recruiting Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf optional? This is the kind of scenario where the heroes need all the help they can get, even from their sworn enemies. Why were those three just sitting around doing nothing while the world was in danger?

Don Pianta said:
What I want to know is why is recruiting Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf optional? This is the kind of scenario where the heroes need all the help they can get, even from their sworn enemies. Why were those three just sitting around doing nothing while the world was in danger?

I think it was because those three were supposedly added late into the game. They could have easily been given appearances in the SSE (look at how the Ice Climbers, G&W, and even Sonic entered the story); however, their late inclusions could have been the thing that stopped them from making early appearances.

Back