Game & Wario

Glowsquid said:

That's pure gold, especially the video.

Can't believe how butthurt and sour people are over it though. It's amusing.

Good job, Nintendo. You've trolled me. Add this to the list of reasons I hate Nintendo these days. Their arrogance really astounds me.. "Hey, we have so much money we can brag about it and we don't have to innovate anymore. **** you little guys with actual CREATIVE ideas!"

It's a little like Bill Gates waving money in the face of some startup business JUST BECAUSE HE CAN.

amazing

I am suprised the american website is just like the japanese one but a little different.

I also like how nintendo is doing a lot to promote this game. I find this marketing approach to be rather funny. They hardly did anything for the Japan.

By the way, I tweeted and liked the game since I really want a badge, wallpaper, ringtone and trailer.

The official site has been updated with a a page for the Ashley minigame and apparently patting Ashley on the head is a gameplay mechanic

[quote author=geez I wonder which demographic they were aiming for]Use the GamePad to control Ashley's flying broom. If Ashley runs into walls too often, she'll stop moving until you use the touchpad to pat her head and make her feel better.[/quote]

Glowsquid said:
The official site has been updated with a a page for the Ashley minigame and apparently patting Ashley on the head is a gameplay mechanic

[quote author=geez I wonder which demographic they were aiming for]Use the GamePad to control Ashley's flying broom. If Ashley runs into walls too often, she'll stop moving until you use the touchpad to pat her head and make her feel better.
[/quote]

There are also some easter eggs that some people may not know about but for the sake of it being spoilers, I won't say what they are.

lookit me i'ma fishing

Electro Specter said:
Good job, Nintendo. You've trolled me. Add this to the list of reasons I hate Nintendo these days. Their arrogance really astounds me.. "Hey, we have so much money we can brag about it and we don't have to innovate anymore. **** you little guys with actual CREATIVE ideas!"

It's a little like Bill Gates waving money in the face of some startup business JUST BECAUSE HE CAN.
Wow, that's hilarious.

It seems the website has gotten 8 bajillion which means we get the badge that says "I crowdfarted". I wish I could show it but alas, I can't find it anywhere.

Feel free to post it here though!

*poot* *tute* I crowdfarted!

I can´t wait to help Wario complete all his games and see his face laughing and being a weirdo and cool at the same time

NSY said:
Warioware >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Game & Wario

The screenshots of the games look awful.
Yes, basically like another Nintendo Land with games that have nothing to do with Nintendo series...It doesn't seem they totally removed the microgames though. In one of the trailers, there was something with 9-Volt where there were some microgames.

Zero Revolution said:
NSY said:

Yes, basically like another Nintendo Land with games that have nothing to do with Nintendo series...
You must have not read the Iwata Asks interview of for this game. If you look at the very first page. They said that it didn't even start as a WarioWare game at all. In fact, it was meant to be a pack in game for the wii u, similar to how the 3ds had face raiders and the ar games.

The game that were shown at E3 called "Shield Pose" was going to be included but they didn't want it to be too quirky and they also came up with way too many ideas for it to be a preinstalled game. To fix all of this, they made it a fully packaged wario ware game. That way, they could use all of their ideas and freely make the game as quirky as they wanted.

Also, this basically is another nintendo land. That game mostly showed how the wii remotes and gamepad can work together as a whole , but Game & Wario shows what the gamepad can do all by itself.

Lastly, I would like to point out that the crowdfarter website in America has gotten 25 bajillion coins. That means that the computer wallpapers are now available. The problem with this is that they are just screenshots of cutscenes in the game. They could have done something more creative than that.

Zero Revolution said:

Here's the opening cutscene of Game and Wario.

Only one difference, you linked to the Japanese version of said opening. If I'm not mistaken, the press in the Nintendo of America region are possibly getting in their copies as we speak.

Yeah, the U.S press is receiving their review copies. GameXplain has uploaded a showcase of some of the games, and while it doesn't have much content for those who've seen footage of the japanese release, seeing the english localization is always interesting. I like the boss warning in Arrow, lol.

Glowsquid said:
Yeah, the U.S press is receiving their review copies. GameXplain has uploaded a showcase of some of the games, and while it doesn't have much content for those who've seen footage of the japanese release, seeing the english localization is always interesting. I like the boss warning in Arrow, lol.

Are you referring to
how the NOA localization team "named" those Wario style boss tanks? Because I almost burst out in laughter when I saw the name "MechaWario ProtoTank".

chillv said:
It seems the website has gotten 8 bajillion which means we get the badge that says "I crowdfarted". I wish I could show it but alas, I can't find it anywhere.

Feel free to post it here though!

*poot* *tute* I crowdfarted!

eiPKPQG.jpgt

KingMario128 said:
Sylveon said:
screen3.png

this is kinda scary.

That isn´t scary, she´s BEAUTIFUL ;D...em :-[...i likehow good that mini game is looking :)

She's not THAT scary. She can be funny at times while still having that "witch like" attitude. And that "notice" is from the game itself (speaking of which where did you get that picture from, Sylveon?).

MeritC said:
KingMario128 said:
Sylveon said:
screen3.png

this is kinda scary.

That isn´t scary, she´s BEAUTIFUL ;D...em :-[...i likehow good that mini game is looking :)

She's not THAT scary. She can be funny at times while still having that "witch like" attitude. And that "notice" is from the game itself (speaking of which where did you get that picture from, Sylveon?).
game and wario site.

Review embargo's up and the game's shaping up to be the worst-reviewed retail Nintendo release since Wii Music. Common complaints include that most of the minigames lack content, are dull (though it seems every reviewers cite different game as their favourites - the only constants are that Gamer is the most liked while Ski & Ashley are cited as duds) and that it doesn't do that great of a job at showing off the GamePad.

I expected mediocre reviews, though I'd be lying if I said I am not a little bit more fearful for the future of the -Ware franchise now.

The average review is 7/10, which I guess is not that great for a Nintendo game, but it's probably about right for this sort of game. Lowest I've seen is a 5 from IGN, but then again it's IGN so lol. Ski and Bird are probably duds (they look like duds too, imo) and I guess many site Gamer as their favorite because it's more akin to the traditional Wario-Ware games. I'm just glad they decided to sell it for $40 rather than the $60 that most games cost nowadays. It just makes it slightly more enticing.

The developers of the game even states that this wasn't meant to be a Wario-ware game at first, but they changed it early in development because the original idea didn't flow correctly or didn't make sense or something.

Zero Revolution said:
NSY said:

Yes, basically like another Nintendo Land with games that have nothing to do with Nintendo series...It doesn't seem they totally removed the microgames though. In one of the trailers, there was something with 9-Volt where there were some microgames.
Why respond to a post that was made over a year ago?

Why was this made in the first place, I know they wanted to do something new for once but the Wii U and gamepad made a prefect way to make a new Warioware.

As predicted, Ski is pretty much a dud and only fun for a total of one time.

Patchwork is definitely my favorite of the first four games in the collection.

I can't wait to play this, I should be gettng it next week or later.

Back