Paper Mario: Sticker Star

You get stuff to get more abilities. Am I the only one seeing this? Maybe I'm explaining it wrong, I thought it was pretty obvious.

I get what you're trying to say, but using Ōkami isn't the best way to say it.

I'd draw more of a parallel with Western RPGs like Morrowind, where doing sidequests not only gets you more experience and currency, but pretty much make up most of the game and its adventure. Still not a perfect comparison, but far better than your (let's be honest) flimsy Okami comparison.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
I'd draw more of a parallel with Western RPGs like Morrowind, where doing sidequests not only gets you more experience and currency, but pretty much make up most of the game and its adventure. Still not a perfect comparison, but far better than your (let's be honest) flimsy Okami comparison.

So now were competing for the better comparison? Eh whatever, I shouldn't have tried to give an example. Something like this was bound to happen.

No need to get defensive, I'm just pointing out that Okami doesn't quite work the way you're thinking. Even if it's the best comparison you can think of, I'm just presenting one that fits the mould a little better.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
No need to get defensive, I'm just pointing out that Okami doesn't quite work the way you're thinking. Even if it's the best comparison you can think of, I'm just presenting one that fits the mould a little better.

Yeah, I probably should have thought about it a bit more.

So, I've been thinking.

Those chain chomp and green toad partners had to be removed from the game or something.

If you watched the recent video shown at E3, it shows Mario battling without any partners.

They have Kersti, but she just seems to help you "paperrize" stuff.

Also, if they do return partners, I believe it will be a sort of "pixl" thing but every partner will be one of these sticker fairies.

New Super Mario said:
So, I've been thinking.

Those chain chomp and green toad partners had to be removed from the game or something.

If you watched the recent video shown at E3, it shows Mario battling without any partners.

Also, if they do return partners, I believe it will be a sort of "pixl" thing but every partner will be one of these sticker fairies.
OH GOD NO.

NO MORE PIXLS.

Yoko Littner said:
New Super Mario said:
So, I've been thinking.

OH GOD NO.

NO MORE PIXLS.
I liked the pixels bleave it or not. Some of them made some good puzzles, but some of them like Fleep did suck though.

NSY said:
Yoko Littner said:
New Super Mario said:
So, I've been thinking.

OH GOD NO.

NO MORE PIXLS.
I liked the pixels bleave it or not. Some of them made some good puzzles, but some of them like Fleep did suck though.
Fleep is incredibly useful in the Pit of 100 Trails. Pixls are basically Nintendo's lazy excuse for allies.

I'm just thinking that either:

A. Kersti is the only partner and doesn't battle with Mario (I never saw her battle on any of the videos)

B. IF there are partners, they are all sticker fairies like Kersti.

Li Xingke said:
NSY said:
Yoko Littner said:
New Super Mario said:
So, I've been thinking.

OH GOD NO.

NO MORE PIXLS.
Fleep is incredibly useful in the Pit of 100 Trails. Pixls are basically Nintendo's lazy excuse for allies.
^

Speaking of the pit of 100 trials I do hope they have it again but with creepy repeating every few seconds music, I loved the PM2 pit of 100 trials theme

Smashgoom202 said:
Oh crap, this game's being released November 11, 5 days before my birthday!
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story was actually released on my birthday.

New Super Mario said:
I'm just thinking that either:

A. Kersti is the only partner and doesn't battle with Mario (I never saw her battle on any of the videos)

B. IF there are partners, they are all sticker fairies like Kersti.
If the game does not have partners, the green toad could still be in the game. More like someone who follows you to complete a task (similar to Goompa in the original). However, the Chain Chomp is likely a beta element if this is the case.

So a new trailer for this ends with Mario and Kersti jumping up and a "GOAL!" sign behind them, as if they just finished a level.

That's it I'm not buying this.

Back