Paper Mario: Sticker Star

SPM > TTYD > PM = SS

Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation fame reviews Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and he conveys my feelings of apathy so well towards this game it isn't even funny. I don't necessarily agree with everything his says but his spiel around the middle about this "not being a real Paper Mario game" sums up my feelings perfectly.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6695-Paper-Mario-Sticker-Star

New Super Mario said:
Super Paper Mario had SO much depth!
I agree. That game stayed true to a lot of things established by the past two games. The only thing it was missing was turn-based battles (not counting the Underchomp fight).

SPM = TTYD > PM > > > SS

I'm doing this based on many things. For one, plot and design go into it, as well as the sidequests and exploration.

SPM and TTYD are top and equal. SPM because of the plot and exploration with the 3D effect, and of course those side quests, though not as much. TTYD has much more exploration and side quest, but the plot was very static and predictable. SPM's plot was well done, being very dynamic, and ending sadly, which is very different from the other Mario games.

PM because of the graphics and lack of keeping records of your side quests is third. I did like the plot, and the exploration was the best of all four games.

SS is my least favorite because of all the reasons I said in this thread.

PM > SPM > PMSS

Saying that SPM was actaully quite a good game. SS was good but not excellent.

Never played Second game.

Smashgoom202 said:
Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation fame reviews Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and he conveys my feelings of apathy so well towards this game it isn't even funny. I don't necessarily agree with everything his says but his spiel around the middle about this "not being a real Paper Mario game" sums up my feelings perfectly.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6695-Paper-Mario-Sticker-Star
He actually went really easy on it, especially for him.

Sadly, I don't really have a list because Sticker Star and SPM didn't really feel like Paper Mario games and I haven't spent a lot of time with PM. But TTYD was pretty much a perfect game to me.

Propeller Toad said:
Smugleaf said:
Still not interested until partners are shown.

I'd have to agree with you on that part. The partners truly did add in some unique elements in the first two games.

I do hope that some information about the potential partners are unveiled tomorrow.
funny in retrospect

If only Super Paper Mario had been RPG... That story was AWESOME. By far the best story in a Paper Mario game so far. It was deep.

To me, it goes like this:

1) Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
2) Paper Mario
3) Super Paper Mario
4) Paper Mario: Sticker Star

This game has quite a nice soundtrack! Warm Fuzzy Plains, Goomba's Fortress, Drybake Desert, Gooper Blooper, Snow Rise... a couple of other themes.

Yeah, there were some good songs in the game, but overall, I didn't find too many of them to be very memorable, unlike the first three games.

Does anyone know where I'd find the bowling ball thing to use in Strike Lake?

YoshiKong said:
Does anyone know where I'd find the bowling ball thing to use in Strike Lake?

The Bowling Ball is in a secret area within The Bafflewood 3-2 level. There will be a toad out the front saying a Wiggler Segment ran by. You go Right, Left, Right, Right (This is off memory, so I might be wrong), battle the wiggler segment and it will open a secret area that leads into the place holding the Bowling Ball.

Of course, you have to chase a Wiggler Segment there first, If that hasn't happened, then you're trying to do the Bowling Ball Exit too early when you don't have access to it.

Yeah, I've only got two Wiggler segments atm and one hasn't ran into the Bafflewood yet. Thanks for the advice!

Gundam Tanaka said:
I disagree, food metaphors are awesome.

And while you can try out new dishes, you should always make sure that you still update the popular ones. And hey, didn't the Nintendo Diner already try serving Super Paper Mario? Wasn't that such a disappointing meal?

Super Paper Mario was a million times better than Sticker Star.

Fawful said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
I disagree, food metaphors are awesome.

And while you can try out new dishes, you should always make sure that you still update the popular ones. And hey, didn't the Nintendo Diner already try serving Super Paper Mario? Wasn't that such a disappointing meal?

Super Paper Mario was a million times better than Sticker Star.

because that takes effort.

Paper mario sticker star=something I wipe off my shoe at the dog park.

Sorry nintendo, this one was just a dud.

Geno said:
Paper mario sticker star=something I wipe off my shoe at the dog park.

Sorry nintendo, this one was just a dud.
Explain to me why you didn't like it.

Is it bad if I actually really, REALLY like this game?
Also, has anyone talked about the humour in this game?
thehumourissogoddamngood

Sonicyay2 said:
Is it bad if I actually really, REALLY like this game?
Also, has anyone talked about the humour in this game?
thehumourissogoddamngood
Supposedly, the humor is one of the high points. I found it flat and boring compared to the last few games.

As far as the "humor" is concerned in this game, I feel as if they were trying too hard and failing miserably. This is especially apparent with Kersti's lines.

Solar Blaze said:
As far as the "humor" is concerned in this game, I feel as if they were trying too hard and failing miserably. This is especially apparent with Kersti's lines.
Is there ANYTHING you like about this game?

Back