Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Gundam Tanaka said:
How do you get those hidden doors anyway?
In 3-6.

Anyway Tower Power Pokey is really easy if you have the bat and really hard if you don't.

I'm loving this game! Sadly, I am stuck at Megasparkle Goomba, but it was soooo close! It got him to 1 HP!

Bowser Jr. Chimchar said:
I'm loving this game! Sadly, I am stuck at Megasparkle Goomba, but it was soooo close! It got him to 1 HP!
Use Scissors or fan.

Sombrero Guy said:
NSY said:
Use Scissors or fan.
I didn't need those
Nor did I but of course I was told I used too many stickers.

I went ahead and used the Bat in Boss 2 and it was over in around 10 turns unlike 20 for Megasparkle.

Also do you have to beat World 3 before you can go to World 4 or 5.

NSY said:
Sombrero Guy said:
NSY said:
Use Scissors or fan.
I didn't need those

I went ahead and used the Bat in Boss 2 and it was over in around 10 turns unlike 20 for Megasparkle.

you need to get a lightbulb before you can get those

the lightbulb is in the yoshi sphinx in the door left of the goal

You turn it into a sticker

Then you go to the harbor

you go into the second garage door

you paperize and stick the lightbulb where it says you put a sticker

then you grab the steering wheel

Then you leave and go to the boat

Then you paperize and put the wheel into the purple spot

then you walk under the bridge and snip the rope with scissors

Then you attempt to drive the boat

Then you walk onto the dock

Then you fight a humungo cheep-cheep

Then you attack

Then you use a fishhook

Then you use a thumbtack (secret door of 1-1)

Then you can go to 4 & 5

Sombrero Guy said:
NSY said:

*Explain it without answering question*

Then you use a fishhook

*More stuff without answering question*

The Fishhook is in the Third World, which does mean you have to play at least 6 levels of World 3, which is half the world. I mean, you could probably try to go to World 4 or 5, but I'm pretty sure that the game itself will not let you, like having Kresti yell at you saying "Don't we have to finish helping Wiggler first?" or "We need to get that other Royal Sticker in the area first!" or something like that.

I wasn't planning on going there, I was just wondering.

So I'm going to continue my spiel about the game so far. I've done all but 6-3.

The new music was interesting, but the original stuff was not much to brag about. I felt like the trumpet stuff was a little too much. Heck, the opening title is just a trumpet and some background chords. However, the remixed music of many of the famous tunes (SMB3, SM64) were perfectly placed in the game imo, and I really enjoyed the haunted music in the Poisonous forest with some of the hidden themes in it. I also love World 4 theme. I just loved all the remixed themes, and I thought it was really cool of Koji Kondo to do something like that.

With the Thing Stickers, I really think that some of the random stuff was just...lame. I felt like they placed it there for just comical effect, and even though it really isn't that funny, or the funny they expect it to be. And you use it and you have to go find it in the tight nooks near the end of the longest levels for most of them, and it just becomes a mess. Heck, they overpriced them if you want to buy them illegally, but it is great if you want to earn that 10,000 coin spending flag thing.

Hammer/Fire/Boomerang/Ice Bros. and Spear Guys - I am so used to enemy attacks being targeted at where you were when they threw it, but they made their attacks to where no matter where you go, it will land right on you. It gets so annoying dodging those attacks, and even though you don't lose much, it is still a hassle if you are just trying to quickly squeeze by.

Kersti = Annoying. I don't really like Kersti, because she has a glue tip still up her base of her crown (lol, I was trying to be puny with that). She really only complains when you talk to her, and she rarely speaks unless you want to talk to her via L button. OUt of all the characters Miyamoto wanted to remove, of course he would want to keep the annoying one.

Luigi was fun to find in all the areas. I thought it was neat to place the "Where's Waldo" Luigi revamp thingy. I can't remember if I found all of them. I know that I have at least 3 or 4 of them.

Did I touch on bosses yet? The main bosses were cool to see in Paper version, but the boss battle with some of them were rediciously easy. I also hated how Petey Piranha looked in the boss battle, making him look so fat.

Speaking of which, there are some enemies like the Scuttlebug that just did not look good in the game moving around or in certain positions. It was really bad to see that quality.

I probably have a lot more, but I think that's good enough for right now.

TIP: Do not use megaflash clone jump on The world 5 boss, he went from 270 to under 100.

He was gone in like 5 turns.

Fi said:
Luigi was fun to find in all the areas. I thought it was neat to place the "Where's Waldo" Luigi revamp thingy. I can't remember if I found all of them. I know that I have at least 3 or 4 of them.
Here's the areas -
Goomba's Fortress - on the balcony before the tower.
Drybake Stadium - In a window by a Sombrero Guy on the third or so floor.
Whitecap Beach - On a rock near the dock.
Whiteout Valley - Passes by on a lift near the end.
Rugged Road - Bathing in a hot spring in the same area you get one of the Mountain Boulder scraps.

Sombrero Guy said:
NSY said:
TIP: Do not use megaflash clone jump on The world 5 boss, he went from 270 to under 100.

He was gone in like 5 turns.
Clone Jump?

It's a Jump sticker you find later in the game. It's only in Flashy, Big Shiny & Megaflash varieties. The same as the Infinijump.

I've done quite a bit in the Sticker Museum, so I'm gonna take a break and play some other stuff.

Fi said:
Heck, they overpriced [Things] if you want to buy them illegally, but it is great if you want to earn that 10,000 coin spending flag thing.
Only coins spent in Sticker Shops count toward the coin spending Super Flag.

Fi said:
If you didn't already click on Pyro's spoiler, Luigi appears once in each of the five Worlds and you can "Paperize" to pull him out.

So I beat this a few days ago and I can say that it's good but not worth paying the full price.

I had to fight Bowser twice only because I ran out good stickers when he had very little HP left for the second time in this playthough (first happened when fighting Mizzer Blizard), also the trick to defeating Bowser is preparing for the fight, once you have the right set, he's quite easy.

Also, before I forget to do so, I have to say that this is my second favourite Paper Mario Game. TTYD is first while the original is last. SPM is 3rd.

Crackin355 said:
Also, before I forget to do so, I have to say that this is my second favourite Paper Mario Game. TTYD is first while the original is last. SPM is 3rd.
you're insane

Crackin355 said:
That's not exactly how I'd rank the games. For me, it's Super Paper Mario, Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and Paper Mario: Sticker Star, with Super Paper Mario being in first place and with Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door sharing second place. Of course, that's just my opinion.

I don't really see how anyone could think Sticker Star and SPM are better than the other two. They completely lack the depth and experience the other two have (and Sticker Star feels like a game with no soul to me.)

Gundam Tanaka said:
I don't really see how anyone could think Sticker Star and SPM are better than the other two. They completely lack the depth and experience the other two have (and Sticker Star feels like a game with no soul to me.)
Super Paper Mario had SO much depth!

And again, I haven't beaten the first game yet, so I can't completely judge.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Crackin355 said:
you're insane

Sorry for having an opinion dude, let me go get rid of it and borrow yours for a while.

Back