Paper Mario: Sticker Star

I see that you are a fan of the Sombrero Guy. That's a strange enemy, it just runs when it's the only one left.

After much more struggle than should have been necessary, I finally defeated Megasparkle Goomba!

But now I'm playing New Super Mario Bros. 2, so I'll go on to the next world whenever I decide to stop playing that.

So I brought this game from the e-shop and it's not too bad right now. Although like Crackin I do fight every enemy I come across but then there's not really much point (but I still fight anyway :P).

I'll decide once played more because I'm only up to World 1-4.

Yeah, I have to agree with Nabber (surprise!). Except for the fucking Super Flags, there's no point in battling.

Mah, so I beat Megasparkle Goomba and I'm told I used a hell of a lot of stickers but then that's all I had.

The key to defeating bosses in the game without using up so much stickers is finding out their weaknesses.

Use fan sticker on that boss, you battle enemy to get coins for stickers and I got 3,000 coins in world 4 in one run

He's most likely saying 300 per battle, and that eventually ended up adding up to 3,000. It's surprisingly easy to rack up tons of coins in that game.

I've just arrived at the Enigmansion, and my total playtime is only 7 minutes and 38 seconds!

Um, are you sure it wasn't 7 hours and 38 minutes? There's just no possible way to get through World 3 in such a short amount of time, without all the Wiggler segment chasing and everything.

My little sister used up all my thing stickers when I didn't know she was playing it, and now I've got bad stickers and no coins to buy more. I tried to recollect them from the levels but I got caught with a few enemies and I got game over a few times :mad:

Never got that far :P I'll just start again. I want to to collect Kersti's bestiary/tattle for an article (is there an official name?).

Problem here is that if you run out of good stickers you have to go back to the beginning and essentially replay the game.

The sticker mechanic may be neat, but it wears off pretty quickly.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Problem here is that if you run out of good stickers you have to go back to the beginning and essentially replay the game.

Or you could buy new stickers.

NSY said:
Gundam Tanaka said:

Or you could buy new stickers.

Or we can all go on Club Nintendo and write in a summary to remove the sticker feature in the PM series.

I like the Sticker thing, but as Nabber says, it only lasts for so long. I have grown more adjusted to how to spend my stickers, and how to find them (in fact, most of the time I have way too many), but it still feels like when I get an ultra-rare sticker I am very reluctant to use it.

I've just about beaten the game, and I would have gotten it done sooner had I played it more the last few days. I can do an analysis that I can think of right now.

I did enjoy hunting for those HP+ Hearts, and it felt good that you could upgrade your hearts easier than before. It was sad that you got a max of 100, but you don't take damage that easily.

Sticker spiel already stated. I hardly buy stickers, and I only spend money when I'm lazy to find Thing Stickers and just buy them from the illegal store.

Blue Doors are great, but it gets annoying when you have to find them. You have to recollect your memory and remember where they are in each level.

The poison and sand arena setting was an awesome idea, and should be basically the only thing they should reuse. I really loved how they brought the enviornment into the battle as they did, and it made it to where you do dwadle so much. That was very fun to have an outside force that you also had to deal with too.

Sniffit or Whiffit - funny.

Plot was not as little as I thought, but it still wasn't very interesting or moving. It was just a straightforward save Peach from Bowser, and rarely had an tangent lines splitting from the main story. Basically, it was a game that had little sidequests, which makes it great for one-time playing, but not good when you finally beat the game.

There was a lot of PM humor in it, but to an extent. There was some that was just added for no reason, while others just badly pieced together to make it "satisfy" the veteran PM people.

I'll finish this later. Laptop dying.

Back