New Super Mario Bros. U

MnSG said:
You can't play the demos at any state though. If anything, you pretty much have to be in California, or else you're screwed.

Washington too! (That's where NOA's headquarters is.)

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/09/12/this-is-why-miis-are-playable-instead-of-other-mario-characters-in-new-super-mario-bros-u/

Interesting

Dear god, what a lame excuse. I think Miis are even MORE personality-less than Mario characters, what are they smoking?

Ventus said:
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/09/12/this-is-why-miis-are-playable-instead-of-other-mario-characters-in-new-super-mario-bros-u/

Hmpf... first she wasn't playable in New Super Mario Bros. Wii because they would have to have special processing and programming to handle how the skirt is handled, now it's because of the Miis. :P I wonder what will be next... "herp derp we couldn't include Princess Peach in Super Mario Universe (tentative title :rolleyes:) because her realistic hair programming is too heavy for the Wii U".

Seriously, it's the second time that they asked this! It's not possible that Nintendo doesn't notice that the fans want Peach as a playable character in a Mario game.

Anyway, this game looks fantastic! ;D

Wargreymon said:
Ventus said:

Hmpf... first she wasn't playable in New Super Mario Bros. Wii because they would have to have special processing and programming to handle how the skirt is handled, now it's because of the Miis. :P I wonder what will be next... "herp derp we couldn't include Princess Peach in Super Mario Universe (tentative title :rolleyes:) because her realistic hair programming is too heavy for the Wii U".

Actually, it's "hurr durr we couldn't include Peach because she's more emotionless than Miis, even though manipulating emotions is damn easy and it's not like you will see your characters react to stuff anyway hurr durr"

I seriously don't see why emotions are so much of a big deal. The story and the plot aren't compelling anyway, and it's very easy to create separate emotions for the characters. Hell, the characters show even MORE emotions than Miis, because Miis' emotions are just frozen while the emotions in Mario characters are changing a lot.

Baby Luigi said:
Actually, it's "hurr durr we couldn't include Peach because she's more emotionless than Miis, even though manipulating emotions is damn easy and it's not like you will see your characters react to stuff anyway hurr durr"

I seriously don't see why emotions are so much of a big deal. The story and the plot aren't compelling anyway, and it's very easy to create separate emotions for the characters. Hell, the characters show even MORE emotions than Miis, because Miis' emotions are just frozen while the emotions in Mario characters are changing a lot.
Yeah, totally agree with you with this! If they want to give Miis more emotions then make a Mii game for this. :P

Well isn't Peach the damsel in distress? Why would she go to save herself? I think Toad (character) would be a better choice anyway. But it doesn't matter, because we're stuck with miis.

YoshiGo99 said:
Ventus said:
I think you need to be 17+ to be at E3
If your with your parents can u go?

http://www.e3expo.com/attendee/1203/attendee-registration-policies/ said:
Individuals under the age of 17 including infants will not be admitted to E3 2012.

That's ridiculous putting Miis, Peach and Daisy as unlockable characters when you finish the game would have been so much better.

I like playing with my Mii. Then there's something I wonder about: you know that Peach calls Mario's name (or Luigi's if playing with Luigi, be it by Super Guide or when anyone else is bubbled up) when he get close to her cage, but what would she say when you are playing with your Mii?

Do the grown Yoshi's ever appear in the game, or only the baby ones? (Do the babies grow when fed, like on SMW?)

Lakituthequick said:
Normal Yoshi's have appeared in artworks, so they likely will appear.

It's already confirmed that adult Yoshis are ridable. Even though I find it a tad obvious because they already appeared in the art.

Sauron said:
But it doesn't matter, because we're stuck with miis.

And Mario, and Luigi, and two Toads that even you said were better than Peach...

You people are acting like this game is now New Super Mii Bros. Mii.

Plus, you don't have to play as the Miis. Those are there for the casual gamer that Nintendo is now branching towards.

Back