New Super Mario Bros. U

Sauron said:
Oh my god. I saw a Bony Beetle in the trailer! It's about damn time. Now we need Chargin Chucks, Rexes, Jumping Piranha Plants, Amazin' Flying Hammer Bros, Dino Rhino/torch, fishin' boos, Sumo Bros, and round goombas.

I kind of depicted it as a Dry Buzzy Beetle, probably because you could somewhat see its face.

Nabber said:
Anyone else not liking the main theme?

It's basically better than reusing New Super Mario Bros. Wii's music for a third time. Time to make some new BGM tracks Nintendo.

Nabber said:
Yeah, but good BGM. At least they got rid of those annoying vocals.
No they are still in the music but are barely noticeable. You can mainly hear them in the Athletic theme which I hate this game's athletic theme. To me it isn't very joyful like SMW's and NSMBW's athletic theme.

MnSG said:
It's basically better than reusing New Super Mario Bros. Wii's music for a third time. Time to make some new BGM tracks Nintendo.

Uh, they just did. One note isn't the soundtrack.

Okay, so, I just saw the trailer and... Nobody should be fucking bitching yet, of what they've shown, a shit ton of new kind of levels have been shown, and you can't complain about the plot because you wanted something different from just her getting kidnapped, now there's some more. Along with the possibility of Peach's Castle being the final level, which would be pretty awesome.

It seems that the Koopalings are fought at their own personal airships, judging by the screenshots.

NSY said:
Fassad said:
koopalings....

Koopalings....

DAMN KOOPALINGS, AGAIN?

2002 - 2008: FANS: WHY DID YOU PlACE THE KOOPALINGS WITH THIS IDOIT ( Bowser Jr.)

2009: FANS: HELL YES THERE BACK, FINALLY

2012: FANS: WHY NINTENDO ARE YOU ALWAYS USING THE KOOPALINGS, CAN'T YOU USE DIFFERENT BOSSES FOR ONCE.

Apart from the Koopalings, this game looks promising.
The problem isn't that the Koopalings are reappearing, it's the fact that their battles are practically the same. Dodge primary attack, jump on head, dodge shell, repeat. And from I have seen judging by screenshots, the battles from NSMB2 are practically copy/pasted from NSMBW. Since I haven't played NSMB2 yet though, I don't know.

Sauron said:
Oh my god. I saw a Bony Beetle in the trailer! It's about damn time. Now we need Chargin Chucks, Rexes, Jumping Piranha Plants, Amazin' Flying Hammer Bros, Dino Rhino/torch, fishin' boos, Sumo Bros, and round goombas.
Dry Bones Spiny's too! (Same scene as the Buzzy Beetle).
But please, not those awful "lemonhead" Goombas that don't even squish! (You can already see that the Goombas are the modern ones. I guess you could have a few of those SMW ones as a variation).
I'm also glad they didn't revert the sound effects, like shooting fireballs. (As it is, IIRC, on NSMB2, being damaged sounds like SMW; the "weak" version of the pipe sound, though entering a pipe is normal).

So I just found out that the Koopalings are also going to be in this game, as well as Boom Boom and Bowser Jr.

Well crap, now it looks like I'm going to have to get it then.

Seriously, though, I am not excited at all for this game, and while I love the Koopalings, I feel like now they truly are back, and now I don't need another 2D sidscrolling platform with them as bosses. I'd like to see them in a 3D game or spin-off game, but after this, I feel like I'm officially done with any new Mario sidescrolling platformer Nintendo dishes out...

Unless it's like Super Mario Bros. 2. Or brings back the characters/enemies/bosses from those games. Then I'd be interested.

For those who don't know, Wendy's boss fight is in an icy area. She skates and shoots golden rings. There are also icicles on the ceiling.

Sauron said:
For those who don't know, Wendy's boss fight is in an icy area. She skates and shoots golden rings. There are also icicles on the ceiling.
I remember I complained about Koopalings not matching their world types, even though that's kind of silly, since it was never really specified what worlds each Koopaling prefers. Plus, this way, it gives us some interesting boss fights with them. I could totally see Wendy skating during a boss battle.

Eric B said:
Sauron said:
Dry Bones Spiny's too! (Same scene as the Buzzy Beetle).
No. You are mistaken. Those are Bony Beetles also. They have the ability to grow spines. Those are not Dry Spinies.

fuck you nintendo

releasing an entirely new system complete with an awesome looking launch title seven days after life comes out

Smashgoom202 said:
So I just found out that the Koopalings are also going to be in this game, as well as Boom Boom and Bowser Jr.

Well crap, now it looks like I'm going to have to get it then.

Seriously, though, I am not excited at all for this game, and while I love the Koopalings, I feel like now they truly are back, and now I don't need another 2D sidscrolling platform with them as bosses. I'd like to see them in a 3D game or spin-off game, but after this, I feel like I'm officially done with any new Mario sidescrolling platformer Nintendo dishes out...

Unless it's like Super Mario Bros. 2. Or brings back the characters/enemies/bosses from those games. Then I'd be interested.
Disagree, these defiantly look like the best Koopaling battles yet.

Back