New Super Mario Bros. U

Gummy said:
All I hope is that the Bowser fight isn't another:

Phase 1: Bridge/switch
Phase 2: Run away

I want to actually fight him, like in SMW or SM64.
I don't mind those fights that much but I do want the final boss to work differently.

I wonder if there are any other new power ups?

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185000

- dozens of levels across one world map, like Super Mario World
- map can be panned around and explored at any time
- game features an auto-scrolling, Boost Rush mode for more of a challenge
- multiple branching paths that let you pick which way to go
- this is much more than the tradition level choosing, which usually gives you only two paths to choose from
- Game Informer spotted 7 worlds: Acorn Plains, Sparkling Waters (tropical), Frosted Glacier, Layer Cake Desert (complete with melting desserts), areas similar to Forest of Illusion and Sky World and a world surround by a tornado
- mid-world fortresses guarded by Boom-Boom
- end-level castles guarded by Koopalings

- Super Acorn power-up makes you a flying squirrel
- Bowser kidnaps Peach once again

Smugleaf said:
- map can be panned around and explored at any time
- multiple branching paths that let you pick which way to go
- this is much more than the tradition level choosing, which usually gives you only two paths to choose from

awesome. i thought it was going to be like SMW's map when i saw the first footage of it.

personally i'm not too opposed to koopalings. they used to be a tiny bit overrated, but, tbh, now it seems like more people hate them, just because they've been appearing more. yet bowser jr. appears in more or less every game, still isn't any less annoying, and is a pretty well-loved character.

I'm pretty unhappy that the Koopalings and Boom Boom would be bosses. That usually equates boring, unmemorable boss fights.

Boidoh said:
Remake of SMW - Slanted Pipes

That's like saying grass is an element of Super Mario Bros.

Boidoh said:
Remake of SMB3 - Racoon Tails
Remake of SMW - Slanted Pipes

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Sorry I'm so blunt, but I don't know any other way on how to express that.

Apart from the bosses, this may be the only reason I mint want a Wii U. I already looks much much better the New Super Mario Bros. 2.

Awesome! Those worlds sound so cool too! I'm looking forward to Melted Dessert Desert or whatever you call it.

Also, I'm fine with the Koopalings back as long as their bosses are more unique and different.

You know, I wasn't looking forward to this, but if GI is putting it on their cover, then it's got to be impressive.

Smugleaf said:
Smugleaf said:

Holy shit, this is awesome. I always loved Super Mario World's 'world system', so this just made me want the game on a better basis than 'It's a new Mario-game and therefore I need to purchase it and beat it 100%.'.

Back