Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Jigglypuff said:
SuperAnthony said:
My bro practilly knows everything about HG/SS.
I call BS.

OKay, not eveything, but he always reads serebii.

Ok, when this game comes out in America I'm officially getting it. The original Gold version was my first Pokemon game, and by far my favorite. Plus the remixes in the games are better than I expected.

Toadette 4evur said:
Ok, when this game comes out in America I'm officially getting it. The original Gold version was my first Pokemon game, and by far my favorite. Plus the remixes in the games are better than I expected.
I already got it.

I learned how to read Japanese just for it.

Probably would have been easier to just buy Platinum or Diamond or something.

Moonside27 said:
Probably would have been easier to just buy Platinum or Diamond or something.

But in those games you can only go through Sinnoh. In HG and SS you can go through Johto AND Kanto!

@Dr. Pichu: I can read it, but I just don't always understand what I'm reading. ^^;

Princess Jigglypuff said:
This game is so epic.

Just the title screen is epic.

pokemonheartgold.jpg
Indeed it is. :eek:
The 3D graphics seem to have improved. I remember some DS games had "pixely" 3D models, but the title screen for SS/HG looks smooth and awesome.

Jeff said:
Princess Jigglypuff said:
This game is so epic.

Just the title screen is epic.

pokemonheartgold.jpg
Indeed it is. :eek:
The 3D graphics seem to have improved. I remember some DS games had "pixely" 3D models, but the title screen for SS/HG looks smooth and awesome.
And the intro movie has some of the best music ever.

Also, look how I'm celibirating my getting of the game over on Bulbapedia.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Ugoz#I_got_HGSS

155Cyndaquil.png

I saw some of the games sprite on the Spriters Resource. They look really awesome, the only problem I have is that the male player's mugshot and intro sprites look kind of feminine to me. I never thought I'd say this, but I hope NOA changes those in the US version. :P

Haha, tiny onix.

Togepi said:
How come there are those black lines all over the desk and PC in the background? Is it supposed to be like that, or is it just a ROM and/or emulator error?

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Togepi said:
How come there are those black lines all over the desk and PC in the background? Is it supposed to be like that, or is it just a ROM and/or emulator error?
It's the way it runs the 3D. The 3D renderer is nocash, I could use openGL which doesn't have those, but it makes the game jumpyish.

Togepi said:
Togepi said:
It's the way it runs the 3D. The 3D renderer is nocash, I could use openGL which doesn't have those, but it makes the game jumpyish.
'K, I'm glad it's not going to look like that on a DS. Is there also a reason it looks a little shaded, or is it just what it would look like on an original DS?

Togepi said:
Togepi said:
'K, I'm glad it's not going to look like that on a DS. Is there also a reason it looks a little shaded, or is it just what it would look like on an original DS?
Huh?

Togepi said:
Togepi said:
Togepi said:
hgssonixwalk.png
(I added spoiler tags incase people might get mad that we're showing some of it before they get to play it, also so the tags get some non-mindless junk use out of them)
Huh?
I forget what I meant there. :P
Do you have anymore screen shots? (put them in spoiler tags just incase)

Togepi said:
hgssspinarakbattle.png
hgsssprout.png
hgsspokegeartrocketstyl.png
hgsskotoneviolet.png
Looks pretty awesome. :)
The font seems to be slightly different this time around, but then again, it's pretty much like that in every game.
What's that thing in the third screenshot? Do you get to join Team Rocket or something? :toad:

Togepi said:
hgssspinarakbattle.png
hgsssprout.png
hgsskotoneviolet.png
The font seems to be slightly different this time around, but then again, it's pretty much like that in every game.
What's that thing in the third screenshot? Do you get to join Team Rocket or something? :toad:
It's a skin for the PokeGear, that's the Team Rocket skin. But, you do infiltrate TR. ;)

Togepi said:
Togepi said:
hgssspinarakbattle.png
hgsssprout.png
hgsskotoneviolet.png
It's a skin for the PokeGear, that's the Team Rocket skin. But, you do infiltrate TR. ;)
Epic. :)
Are there any other cool skins?

Togepi said:
Togepi said:
hgssspinarakbattle.png
hgsssprout.png
hgsskotoneviolet.png
Epic. :)
Are there any other cool skins?
Those things on the touch screen are the other skins.

Back