Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Sir Lancelot said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
If you wanna play Gold so bad, just break out the old SP.
The internal battery of the cartridge has died, and the game can no longer save.

Logic failed.

And besides, the remakes will have new stuff. This is their chance to make Kanto better. It really sucked in Gold and Silver.
If Kanto sucked, why is the game so popular?

Or is Kanto the place that they send you when you beat the game? I haven't played in a while.

The game is popular because it has two regions. Which allows for 16 Gym Leaders.

And yes, Kanto is where they send you when you beat the game.

Sir Lancelot said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
The internal battery of the cartridge has died, and the game can no longer save.

Logic failed.

Changing a watch battery is a lofty goal, one that no mortal man can achieve.

I have very little interest in Pokemon, but I might give these a whirl, since everyone seems so excited about 'em.

Ghost Jam said:
Sir Lancelot said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:

Logic failed.

You also need a crazy kind of screwdriver.

This remixed Gold/Silver/Crystal Music was found in the data of Ruby and Saphire, but wasn't used. Maybe they'll use these for HeartGold and SoulSilver

Team Rocket:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8YS9XOLlKQ&feature=related

Route 38 (road to Olivine):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xw1ZPwQLnk&feature=related

Raikou, Entei, Suicune Battle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxDQmBZQ-ak&feature=related

Pewter City:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Wt-R1Vjok

Pokemon Communication Center (Japanese Crystal):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hte5k9vl2EI&feature=related

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Ghost Jam said:
Sir Lancelot said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:

Logic failed.

You also need a crazy kind of screwdriver.

If you have the standard US edition (which is any English copy released in the USA), a Philips head will work fine.

Cool, that's good to know.

Does the same apply for GBA games too? Because my old copy of Nightmare in Dreamland has the crazy screw.

I kinda lost interest in Pokémon, even though I love gold and silver. Not that the recent games are bad or anything, but I usually like to play competitive in any game just for the fun of it (like, I love to explore the games deep to see how truly polished they are), and the current metagame is just so frigging complicated. I mean, it´s good to have depth, but not when the depth, which should be there to enhace the gaming experience, TAKES OVER said gaming experience.

Properly training a pokemon takes a brutal amount of hours: hatch an egg, spend an hour or two running on your bike to hatch it, save just before it hatches, and then pray for the baby to have the required nature (or at least a non stat-lowering one) so you don´t have to reset the game 9000 times, then kill just the wild pokemon you need to distribute the 255 EV´s into the values you need, then prepare to repeat the elite 4 like 9000 times to properly level it to 100. Multiply the needed amount of hours to do that by the number of critters you want to have (usually 6). And to top that, if you want to add any egg move or any kind of breeding advantage, add another step before the first one, which involves getting the baby´s parents, praying to catch them with good IV´s, which may take a while due to how many different possibilities there are, meaning another huge couple of hours, depending on your luck.

And that´s just building your army, because if you want to win every other thing, you need hundreds of hours and patience. For example, the contests in ruby/saphire/emerald: another way to build ANOTHER entyre army of critters just to win those contests by making those candies, dunno how those are called in english(I am spanish in case you don´t know), which also involves a lot of time, luck, and calculating. And to make matters worse, you need to use specific machines because every machine in every city make DIFFERENT CANDIES even if you use the same berries. And don´t get me started on emerald´s battle frontier and it´s completely random battles which mostly involve luck (battle tower doesn´t count on this rant), and it can piss you a lot to lose in the last battle of a round of 8, specially with the frigging saving and loading times...

All that can be good, but requires LOADS of time: time that, at least I, don´t have.

It may be just a personal problem, because I admit I am a bit of a completionist, because I just can´t "play the game to get to the credits" ignoring every other thing to do in the game: that´s like not finishing it for me. But still, some of the problems I mentioned can only apply to the GBA generation games, so I dunno if I should try diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I´ve heard the gameplay in the DS generation games is less time consuming and more of actual gameplay, and that they make things less boring like letting you "see" your pokemon squad at level 100 when playing multiplayer, even if you didn´t really levelled them, which, if that´s true, would save A LOT of time.

After all this semi-rant is finished... should I try Diamond/Pearl/Platinum? Because, we can safely assume that the Gold and Silver remakes will have the D/P/Pt gameplay like fire red and leaf green had the GBA gameplay, so, if I like D/P/Pt, I may give the remakes a shot.

PS: Sorry for the long-ass post, but I just had to let it out. Note that everything is personal opinion, and I am NOT critiquizing the games or anyone that likes them.

The games will be bundled with a peripheral called the Poké Walker, a pedometer which can connect to the Nintendo DS game card via infrared signals (in a fashion similar to another Nintendo DS game Personal Trainer: Walking) and can "hold" a Pokémon. Walking with a Poké Walker holding a Pokémon will increase both its experience and the player's "watts", an in-game currency.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
from wikipedia

this made me lol, i mean come on now pokemon is makin kids happy to exercise, conspiracy?
I say we attach this device to our skateboards, dogs collar, and other things that move while you dont have to.
Im attaching it to the outside of my parents car so now i can play while earning benifits for taking a road trip.

xXmoraleXx said:
The games will be bundled with a peripheral called the Poké Walker, a pedometer which can connect to the Nintendo DS game card via infrared signals (in a fashion similar to another Nintendo DS game Personal Trainer: Walking) and can "hold" a Pokémon. Walking with a Poké Walker holding a Pokémon will increase both its experience and the player's "watts", an in-game currency.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
from wikipedia

this made me lol, i mean come on now pokemon is makin kids happy to exercise, conspiracy?
I say we attach this device to our skateboards, dogs collar, and other things that move while you dont have to.
Im attaching it to the outside of my parents car so now i can play while earning benifits for taking a road trip.

More than likely, it would work like Pocket Pikachu, meaning that that won't work. If too many clicks come in to fast, it won't register any of them.

Of course I'll be getting Soul Silver since Pokemon Silver was the first game I ever bought on my own.
Nearly 8 years ago.

I'm excited for the remakes because I was too dumb to buy a n origanial Gold and/or Silver copy back in 2000 - 2001, since I didn't become a fan until around the GBA generation. (That's the first time I got around to playing Pokémon)

I'm gonna get them because, according to Bulbapedia, you can have any of your Pokémon walk with you, if they're first in your party.

I'm gonna teach Amity Square a lesson. Not letting my Pichu in. Jackasses.
172Pichu.png
>
025Pikachu.png

ugozima said:
I'm gonna get them because, according to Bulbapedia, you can have any of your Pokémon walk with you, if they're first in your party.

I'm gonna teach Amity Square a lesson. Not letting my Pichu in.
172Pichu.png
>
025Pikachu.png
The letting your Pokemon follow you concept is an awesome one. Kinda reminds me of Pokemon Yellow.

Jackasses.

Steve-O popped into my head when you said that.

When I get this game, I am so catching a Gligar and walking around with it.

(Don't ask, it's some weird ambition I have.)

No, I already despise Pikachu, don't give me another reason to blow up Pokemon HQ.

Zeltrax said:
No, I already despise Pikachu, don't give me another reason to blow up Pokemon HQ.
Fine, I won't tell you about how the anime might also be going back to Jo-*shot*

TCBY said:

Because Gligar is the best pokemon ever?

Because it is. Stupid Gliscor. Who needs it?

I'm hyped alot for this.

Why? Because Pokemon Gold/Silver is one of my most favorite games of all time and I don't have the original Gold anymore but my older sister has Crystal.

ChaosNinji said:
TCBY said:

Because Gligar is the best pokemon ever?

Because it is. Stupid Gliscor. Who needs it?

Everyone, because Gligar's stats left much to be desired, and Gliscor is a huge improvement.

Back