Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Re: Pokemon DuskGold and DawnSilver

PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
Hoenn pwned. :( It had many cities and routes.

MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
A total new game with Kanto + Johto + Hoenn + teh new one + another one would be quite nice.

Chances of Hoenn are LOW!
Hoenn pwnz. :(
And I didn't say they have to appear in DuskGold and DawnSilver, but in a TTLY new game.

Ah.

Still, Hoenn sucked!
Hoenn pwnz.

YOU SUCKED!!!
Well, that is not very nice.

THAT'S WHAT UNI SAID!
I know.

Besides. I really didn't mean it. Just Hoenn sucked.
No. Hoenn pwnz. But the water routes are annoying. ;_;

IT SUX!

MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:

MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
A total new game with Kanto + Johto + Hoenn + teh new one + another one would be quite nice.

And I didn't say they have to appear in DuskGold and DawnSilver, but in a TTLY new game.

Ah.

Still, Hoenn sucked!
Hoenn pwnz.

YOU SUCKED!!!

THAT'S WHAT UNI SAID!
I know.

IT SUX!
no u

PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:

MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:

Ah.

Still, Hoenn sucked!
Hoenn pwnz.

YOU SUCKED!!!

THAT'S WHAT UNI SAID!
I know.

IT SUX!
no u
IT ROXORZ UR BOXORZ

...If that means it's cool!

LuigiDude said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:

MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:
MegaMario9910 said:
PaperStriker said:

Ah.

Still, Hoenn sucked!
Hoenn pwnz.

YOU SUCKED!!!

THAT'S WHAT UNI SAID!
I know.

IT SUX!
no u
IT ROXORZ UR BOXORZ

...If that means it's cool!
Very interesting.

Is it just me, or are they running out of ideas for the Pokemon game titles?

ShyGuy27 said:
Is it just me, or are they running out of ideas for the Pokemon game titles?
Yes.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Major_Pok%C3%A9mon_game_to_be_announced_this_month

Looks like Nintendo finally answered our pleas.

I seriously hope it's a remake, and not Pokemon Battle Revolution 2 (Giratina-Origin, Shaymin-Sky, and the Rotom forms aren't compatible with PBR, but they could solve that with a patch.).

000843.jpg

See those Gold and Silver balloons? That's the main hint that this is a remake.

Re: Pokemon Gold/Silver Remakes Confirmed?

I'm pretty sure it's not PBR 2, considering the negative response the first one got and, like you said, the non-compatible formes thing could be easily solved via a patch.

Anyways, I'm excited. Can't wait until May 10th. :D

Well, I've crapped myself.

I'm excited, but I think I'll be stuck playing Pearl for a while longer. :P

Actually, to be perfectly honest the only games of these I've played are Red/Blue, Stadium (1 and 2), and Pearl. My younger siblings have played a lot more of the games (especially on the DS) than me. :P

Also, I see one of my kin in that picture. :3

Pokemon Gold was like one of the first video games I've ever played, and I really liked it.

Please, please...

Sir Lancelot said:
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Major_Pok%C3%A9mon_game_to_be_announced_this_month

Looks like Nintendo finally answered our pleas.

I seriously hope it's a remake, and not Pokemon Battle Revolution 2 (Giratina-Origin, Shaymin-Sky, and the Rotom forms aren't compatible with PBR, but they could solve that with a patch.).

000843.jpg

See those Gold and Silver balloons? That's the main hint that this is a remake.
that would be awesome, I really liked Silver
but PBR is a good game

This is a repost from another forum I go to:

something else to mention. This guy apparently has been correct before in predicting a game before (no idea what).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15698464&postcount=141

I can confirm to you all that this announcement is indeed a Gold and Silver remake as I JUST heard news of it from my buddy in Treehouse who has known for a while and while I knew (and actually told through PM a few people on GAF) I feel as though now is as good of a time as any to let everyone know.

Release is Late 2009 Japan release, Spring 2010 America.

Also, expect an announcement soon after E3 of a new Wii based Pokemon game compatible with these new games as well as Platinum.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15698505&postcount=145

Also, while I don't know much about the new mechanics being implemented, I do know that there has been major talk of revisions to the breeding system as well as an even more fleshed-out "visual change" system to certain Pokemon.

This has been hinted at in the anime in Japan with the notched-ear Pichu and I'm sure will be announced alongside the games on May 10th.

Originally Posted by _Alkaline_:
Has to be better than Ranch though.
It's not a new Ranch, though there may be one in the works, I have no clue, but the one I am talking about is not a new Ranch.

Nor is it a new Snap game, sorry. :( I wish it were a new Pokemon Snap (though I can always hope that there is one in the works).

Ghost Jam said:
Well, I've crapped myself.
XD

Repost from a different forum:

dunno if this is legit, but this guy seems to have some connections not unlike Serebii, and has known about this announcement for a while.

http://diehardgamefan.com/2009/05/04/pokemon-a-return-to-johto/

On Friday May 1st, 2009, the official Pokemon web site made an announcement that on Sunday, May 10th, the newest Pokemon game would be revealed to the world. The announcement will be made on the Japanese TV show Pokemon Sunday during the Pokemon Game Arena segment. You can read the announcement (if you can read Japanese) by clicking on the link above and scrolling down to information about the May 10th Broadcast (it’s the one with the red jpg I posted above.).

An announcement teaser was shown featuring Chimchar, Lucario and the cast of Pokemon Sunday gazing up at two party balls, one gold and one silver. This is, of course, a direct reference to the second generation of Pokemon games, Pokemon Gold and Silver, along with the remix, Pokemon Crystal. Fans have been waiting, demanding and salivating over a remake since 2004, and come May 10th, you’ll finally be getting the official announcement.

Of course, if you’ve been reading Diehard GameFAN or Beckett’s Pokemon Collector Magazine for a while, you’ll have noticed that I’ve been dropping hints as to the official announcement since the beginning of the year. I was even pretty blatant about it in my Pokemon Platinum review in mid March. I also gave the exact date of the announcement in a feature entitled Best. Pokemon. Game. Ever. a week later.

Longtime readers also know I receive two different Pokemon paychecks for work that I do both here in the States and across the ocean, as I disclose this information everytime I write a Pokemon review. As such, I’m sure you’re expecting me to spill the beans before CoroCoro publishes screenshots and information on May 15th. Unfortunately, although I know the exact nature of the game and the titles, I can’t reveal them here due to some confidentiality requirements. What I can do is dispel a few rumours for you all.

1. The games (yes, there will be two) are NOT Pokemon DuskGold and DawnSilver. These names are not trademarked by Nintendo, Creatures Ltd., Game Freak OR the Pokemon Company. Part of the reason this rumour came about is because of the Dusk and Dawn stones introduced in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. However a simple check shows neither website domain is owned by any of the parties that would (Creatures Inc., Game Freak, The Pokemon Company, or Nintendo). This is a bad rumour based on poorly written Pokemon articles claiming both stones evolve Johto related Pokemon. This is not true. The Dusk Stone does evolve the Johto originated Pokemon Misdreavus and Murkow, but the Dawn Stone evolves two Pokemon from Hoenn aka Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (Snorunt and Kirlia).

2. There is a rumour floating about that PokemonWhiteGold and MoonSilver would be the names. No. This is not the case either. Pokemonwhitegold IS a redirect to Nintendo.com, but notice PokemonMoonstone.com is not. Nintendo of America purchased Pokemonwhitegold.com in 2002.

3. The game’s release date is still hush-hush, but I will remind you all that this November is the 10th anniversary of Pokemon Gold and Silver in Japan. So there’s more than a slight chance you’ll be seeing these remakes hit Japan then.

4. There have been rumours that this will be a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game set in Johto. THIS IS INCORRECT AND 100% false. This is confusion by Western readers and journalists between the upcoming Johto games and the recently released Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky which was released on April 18th, 2009. This is an understandable confusion when you’re trying to sift through Pokemon websites written in a language you don’t understand. To learn more about Eots, you can read my review of the Japanese version of the game , which will be hitting US stores around the same time the Johto games will be released in Japan.

5. There were some rumours that the return to Johto would not be a game ala Fire Red and/or Leaf Green, but instead something akin to a new Pokemon Snap or other Pokemon spin off that just HAPPENED to be set in the Johto region. I can confirm this is not the case, although I really would like another Pokemon Snap or Pokemon XD/Coliseum.

6. No, the anime is not going back to Johto, unless it’s for a special one-shot or the like. I will say that Pokemon: The Johto Journeys has the greatest theme song out of all the seasons of the anime. No, I have no idea when or if the Johto Journey episodes will be compiled into a full DVD set. I have nothing to do with that in any way, shape, or form.

So there you go. A quick rundown of what you can expect to hear on Pokemon Sunday next week. I’ve tried to dispel all the big rumours around the Pokefan communities with this editorial. For those of you wanting the solid title and screenshots, you’re going to have to watch Pokemon Sunday on the 10th, or you’ll have to check out sites like this, Serebii, Pokebeach, and Bulbapedia for screencaps and a breakdown of the episode once it has aired. Diehard GameFAN will also have game screenshots for you next week the same day CoroCoro hits the stand in Japan, so as not to step on their toes.

Until next time Pokemaniacs…

This seems legit for a lot of reasons, specifically due to the article he wrote (mentioned in the 3rd paragraph) which DID give May 10th as the important date and that article was written on March 27th (http://diehardgamefan.com/2009/03/27/pokemon-week-best-pokemon-game-ever/).

Nintendo went ahead and confirmed the names.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nintendo_confirms_Generation_II_remakes

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Well, this seals it. It's a remake.

EDIT: THE LOGOS.

GSDS_logo.png

Technically, the direct translation would be Heart of Gold, Soul of Silver, but it will probably be reduced to just Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Fans had made up the names DuskGold and DawnSilver.

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Just when I thought they had run out of stupid names.

Look at all these names Nintendo has trademarked.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nintendo_trademarks_reveal_possible_Gen_V_game_names

Pokémon Black
Pokémon Brown
Pokémon White
Pokémon Gray
Pokémon Scarlet
Pokémon Purple
Pokémon Crimson
Pokémon Scarlet (again)

Now tell me which names are worse?

Thank you, Nintendo! Thank you for listening to as all! I just wanna tell you, I'm as grateful as my heart can be! Thank you!

No wait, umm...

、任天堂ありがとう! すべてとしてを聞くことをありがとう! 私はちょうど、I'言いたいと思う; 私の中心感謝したmはある場合もある! ありがとう!

At least, I think that's Japanese.

Anyway, now I have a game to look forward to! And the funny thing is, it could come out at the same time as the unconfirmed Paper Mario 4!

*Gets on knees and prays*

Yes, Nintendo is now my best friend. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sir Lancelot said:
Fans had made up the names DuskGold and DawnSilver.

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Just when I thought they had run out of stupid names.

Look at all these names Nintendo has trademarked.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nintendo_trademarks_reveal_possible_Gen_V_game_names

Pokémon Black
Pokémon Brown
Pokémon White
Pokémon Gray
Pokémon Scarlet
Pokémon Purple
Pokémon Crimson
Pokémon Scarlet (again)

Now tell me which names are worse?

And if you toss in all the names used for fan-hacks, the list just gets longer. From off the top of my head:

Pokemon bLUE (this was only put out to a small, private community)
Pokemon Omega Black
Pokemon Chaos Black
Pokemon Sh** Brown
Pokemon Bloody Diamond
Pokemon Crystal Meth
Pokemon Perfect Emerald
Pokemon Ruby Destiny
Pokemon Quartz

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
If you wanna play Gold so bad, just break out the old SP.
The internal battery of the cartridge has died, and the game can no longer save.

Logic failed.

And besides, the remakes will have new stuff. This is their chance to make Kanto better. It really sucked in Gold and Silver.

Sir Lancelot said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
If you wanna play Gold so bad, just break out the old SP.
The internal battery of the cartridge has died, and the game can no longer save.

Logic failed.

And besides, the remakes will have new stuff. This is their chance to make Kanto better. It really sucked in Gold and Silver.
If Kanto sucked, why is the game so popular?

Or is Kanto the place that they send you when you beat the game? I haven't played in a while.

Back