Should NSMBII be harder than NSMB?

Should NSMBII be harder than [the first one on the DS]?

• It should be harder (at least as hard as NSMBWii)

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Not only should it be be harder than NSMB, it should be harder than NSMBWii

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • It should be harder than NSMB, but easier than NSMBWii

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It should be exactly the same

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It should be easier

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It should be Lost Levels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It should make the Lost Levels seem like Yoshi's Story

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Post-Damage Invincibility

LET ME COME BACK TO THE 'SHROOM!
Banned User
Discuss!!! & don't forget to vote!

Nintendo has stated that the game will be "pick up and play" and easily accessible to players of all skills levels. That is a VERY bad sign to Mario gamers who love challenge. I hate that 3D Land was the easiest Mario game to date!

Post-Damage Invincibility said:
Nintendo has stated that the game will be "pick up and play" and easily accessible to players of all skills levels. That is a VERY bad sign to Mario gamers who love challenge. I hate that 3D Land was the easiest Mario game to date!
Were the Special Worlds easy?

Not for the average gamer it seems but I love the lost levels and beat them so many times that anything less than that seems easy. How could it not? According to Newtons Law, if you can beat a harder game, then you can beat an easier one no sweat. Donkey Kong Country Returns was the only platformer from recent times that can rival my skill level consistently.

But with Nintendo basically admitting it will be easy, I feel like saying, "Not this shit again!". And of course, Wario won't be in it, he can't be a boss even, because the world would end as we know it in Miyamoto's eyes if a developer even thought of including him. He even hates Luigi, and only includes him because he is literally FORCED to do so. Anything he did not create he views most odiously. Really has serious problems. I'm begining to think that Miyamoto should retire. Sure, he created the thing I love the most, but that's like saying because your father created you that gives him liscense to abuse you. I think the series would be far better off without Miyamoto. He is halting progress, and he is out of his mind. Young kid Mario fans have more imagiation and could write better stories than what we get, because of a man who fears the slightest deviation from the decades tired formula would mean the start of World War III.

I can agree with how Miyamoto has apparently been limiting the series, but you're being harsh on him. You're only judging him based off of difficulty. That alone does not make a game. Yes, he's stubborn and it gets annoying, but he at least knows how some of the assets the gameplay and characters could work, even if it's not the way we prefer it. Look at Skyward Sword, when he was handed the prototype, he made the development team restart from scratch. Also, you claim that he hates Luigi, but why would he himself set up development for Luigi's Mansion 2 when it was clearly not necessary and he had other projects under his belt? Also, Newton's theory is really just a load of bull, since it is not possible for one experience to therefore judge the result of all of your future trials. Guess what, I beat DKCR fully and collected the Puzzle Pieces and KONG Letters in my first run of the worlds, yet I sometimes still find myself dying numerous times at Ludwig's castle in World 7 on NSMBW and difficulty facing the Kirby boss on World 4 in Return to Dream Land. If you can get find all of your future experiences always easy if its under the previous difficulty level, then fine, good for you. But don't act like that's the same result for everybody.

Seriously, are you a bit tense or something, because I think you're kind of over-exagerating the topic.

I think it should have a good difficulty but not lost levels and not Kirby's Epic Yarn difficulties.

New Super Yoshi said:
I think it should have a good difficulty but not lost levels and not Kirby's Epic Yarn difficulties.
Epic Yarn had difficulty?
But yeah, this is what I would like. I want it to be just a bit more challenging/original than New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which I love as it is already. I definitely don't want Lost Levels though.

I've found that the main story is usually easy but that the extra parts such as the Green Star Challenge in galaxy 2 or unlocking the world nine levels in NSMBW are actually quite challenging.

Professor Mario said:
New Super Yoshi said:

Just because you couldn't die in Epic Yarn doesn't mean it doesn't have difficulty. It's really hard for some levels to get gold medals and some challenges (such as Beadrix's) are hard.

I don't really give a crap about difficulty as long as the level designs are great. But seeing how the worlds have the same themes, I'm starting to doubt the level design

I don't know. I'd like to see see mundane designs.

Baby Luigi said:
Professor Mario said:
New Super Yoshi said:

Just because you couldn't die in Epic Yarn doesn't mean it doesn't have difficulty. It's really hard for some levels to get gold medals and some challenges (such as Beadrix's) are hard.

I don't really give a crap about difficulty as long as the level designs are great. But seeing how the worlds have the same themes, I'm starting to doubt the level design
I played Epic Yarn and admit it had difficulty. Those gold medals man... I just don't think it belongs in the same sentence as Lost Levels.

Boidoh said:
Anyways, point being. To me NSMB Wii was a cakewalk.
Would you still think so if the game didn't have the Propeller Mushroom? It begs the same question: Would everyone still think 3D Land was easy if it didn't have the Tanooki Suit in it?

Professor Mario said:
Guess what, I beat DKCR fully and collected the Puzzle Pieces and KONG Letters in my first run of the worlds
I wouldn't say running through DKCR just regular was any more than just moderately difficult. But it had stuff like the mirror mode and trying to get a medal in every world. Why can't Mario games have something like mirror mode, that casual gamers can leave, but hardcore gamers can gleefully take?

For example, why not make a mode in 3DLand where you must run through all of the levels and there are ZERO Tanooki Suits, and you can only take one hit? That would have separated the men from the boys. The casual gamers if you can call them gamers could have just ignored it, while great gamers could strut their stuff. It would have been SO EASY for the developers to have included such a mode, they wouldn't have even had to do any work. But they left it out. Why?

I thought New Super Mario Bros. Wii was easy because it had multiplayer. It was still a lot of fun, easy or not.

Professor Mario said:
Guess what, I beat DKCR fully and collected the Puzzle Pieces and KONG Letters in my first run of the worlds
I wouldn't say running through DKCR just regular was any more than just moderately difficult. But it had stuff like the mirror mode and trying to get a medal in every world. Why can't Mario games have something like mirror mode, that casual gamers can leave, but hardcore gamers can gleefully take?

For example, why not make a mode in 3DLand where you must run through all of the levels and there are ZERO Tanooki Suits, and you can only take one hit? That would have separated the men from the boys. The casual gamers if you can call them gamers could have just ignored it, while great gamers could strut their stuff. It would have been SO EASY for the developers to have included such a mode, they wouldn't have even had to do any work. But they left it out. Why?
Exactly.

I didn't think 3D Land was easy, per se, especially when going for 100%. The Tanooki Suit made things easier, but some of the Special Worlds were quite difficult even with that. Anyway, I want this game to be as hard as NSMB, which I thought was quite challenging, if not harder.

Mario4Ever said:
I didn't think 3D Land was easy, per se, especially when going for 100%. The Tanooki Suit make things easier, but some of the Special Worlds were quite difficult even with that. Anyway, I want this game to be as hard as NSMB, which I thought was quite challenging, if not harder.
The difficulty of World 8 Special Crown was off the charts and through the roof... but only moderate when wearing the fur.

...did you just agree with yourself?

I don't really care what the difficulty is, myself.

Back