Should NSMBII be harder than NSMB?

Should NSMBII be harder than [the first one on the DS]?

• It should be harder (at least as hard as NSMBWii)

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Not only should it be be harder than NSMB, it should be harder than NSMBWii

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • It should be harder than NSMB, but easier than NSMBWii

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It should be exactly the same

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It should be easier

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It should be Lost Levels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It should make the Lost Levels seem like Yoshi's Story

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
I wish bowser would throw hammers again to make his battle challenging. Also have something similar to the 2nd part of Bowser's battle in NSMBW, that would be exciting and a bit harder. Also I wish they have a King Bob-omb fight where you are on a lift thing like in W-7 Fortress and you have to throw Bomb-ombs at him, that would be a hard battle too

Smasher said:
Post-Damage Invincibility said:

...did you just agree with yourself?

I don't really care what the difficulty is, myself.
Well my top three reasons for liking difficulty:
1. Bragging rights
2. That great feel-good feeling and satisfaction and confidence of your gamers feels you feel when you know you've just accomplished something hard, that not just any four year old who picks up the game can do also, and not even most gamers can do. I like feeling that I did something only 1% of people who own the game can do.
3. You pay all that money for a game, you don't wanna beat it so fast!

I'd like to see something at around SMB3 difficulty, so Option 2. I'd also like something that takes more than 3 hours to beat in one sitting.

Boidoh said:
Anyways, point being. To me NSMB Wii was a cakewalk.
Would you still think so if the game didn't have the Propeller Mushroom? It begs the same question: Would everyone still think 3D Land was easy if it didn't have the Tanooki Suit in it?

The only level i used the propellor shroom to beat, was probrably the Bowser Fight.. And then in the end I won with a damn fire flower.

Professor Mario said:
Guess what, I beat DKCR fully and collected the Puzzle Pieces and KONG Letters in my first run of the worlds
I wouldn't say running through DKCR just regular was any more than just moderately difficult. But it had stuff like the mirror mode and trying to get a medal in every world. Why can't Mario games have something like mirror mode, that casual gamers can leave, but hardcore gamers can gleefully take?

For example, why not make a mode in 3DLand where you must run through all of the levels and there are ZERO Tanooki Suits, and you can only take one hit? That would have separated the men from the boys. The casual gamers if you can call them gamers could have just ignored it, while great gamers could strut their stuff. It would have been SO EASY for the developers to have included such a mode, they wouldn't have even had to do any work. But they left it out. Why?

Although I like a good challenge, I would usually end up crying if i went over an hour on a level (CURSE YOU 150CC MIRROR STAR CUP!!! :mad: )

But I would have apreciatted that to go brag around.

Baby Luigi said:
I thought New Super Mario Bros. Wii was easy because it had multiplayer. It was still a lot of fun, easy or not.

I never once used Multi-Player on my file, and I had all stars. The sad thing is, i used the super guide on World 3-Castle.... So i didnt get the shiny stars... But i beat them all anyway. Im now starting a multi-player file so my friend can bring his Wiimote and play at my house.

Smasher said:

...did you just agree with yourself?

I don't really care what the difficulty is, myself.
Well my top three reasons for liking difficulty:
1. Bragging rights
2. That great feel-good feeling and satisfaction and confidence of your gamers feels you feel when you know you've just accomplished something hard, that not just any four year old who picks up the game can do also, and not even most gamers can do. I like feeling that I did something only 1% of people who own the game can do.
3. You pay all that money for a game, you don't wanna beat it so fast!

Amen

Back