Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

A lot of dead people in this roster.

Well if we are talking about dead wrestlers...

The original Paper Mario has the best plot of the series.

Rew said:
Super Mario 64 is a vastly overrated game that is neither as good as the 2D platformers that preceded it (e.g. SMB3, SMW) nor the 3D platformers that came after (e.g. SMS, SMG, SM3DW). Its only redeeming quality was introducing 3D gameplay into the mainstream, and that's about it.
True, it's supremely dated, and true, even the later games in its generation was superior, but it's a very influential game.

Birdo should go back to being an enemy.

Since I don't like her at all, you'll get no complaint from me.

Can we also please make Donkey Kong a bad guy again? I hate it when he's the good guy.

Well he was never bad, more just had anger issues.

Birdo though I find it amusing that she used to be largely an antagonist in her early days so looking at her now feels weird.

Mcmadness said:
Well he was never bad, more just had anger issues.

Birdo though I find it amusing that she used to be largely an antagonist in her early days so looking at her now feels weird.
Well, I want him to be bad. Like, his hygiene is horrible and he spreads filth around and Wario is marketing it, so the Mario, Luigi, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi have to put a stop to it.

As for Birdo, well, uh... she was kind of both. You had Super Mario Bros. 2, but you also had the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Super Mario-Kun, Mario Tennis 64, and Wario's Woods...

So she's really flippant about it then.

Catley said:
I never really liked the Galaxy games.

*runs*

Super Mario Galaxy may be the most overrated Mario game of all time

Catley said:

*runs*
C'mon, I'll rent you a flameshield for free. And besides, this whole thread is a flame-shield.

Hell, I even wrote a rant an essay on how much I hate Super Mario Galaxy 2 and people agreed with me.

You'd need more of a flame shell anyhow.

Why should I? Everything except Buzzy Beetles are vulnerable to flames.

I meant as in a shell that protects against flames.

Baby Luigi said:
Catley said:

*runs*

Super Mario Galaxy may be the most overrated Mario game of all time
Agreed. I prefer Sunshine tbh - the starscapes are pretty and I liked Rosalina's storybook, but really, the most gameplay enjoyment I get out of the SMGs is flying around the observatory with the Red Star...

My enjoyment is also skating around as Ice Mario in FreezeFlame. Easily one of my favorite galaxies.

It's really too bad the Ice Flower and the Red Star were friggin' cut in the next game. For shame, Nintendo, for shame.

Back