Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Dr. Mario said:
King Harkinian said:
yoshiking14x said:
The Mario cartoons are underrated is a unpopular opinion, am I right?
No, all 3 of them are crap, especially the SMW cartoon.
You can't say, "no, I disagree with your unpopular opinion: they're not underrated, they're all crap."
So you can't disagree with an unpopular opinion?

You can disagree, but you're saying essentially, "The Mario cartoons being underrated is NOT an unpopular opinion because I think they are crap".

You're disagreeing on not the quality of the cartoon, but on how it's an unpopular opinion to be saying it's underrated.

Dr. Mario said:
You can disagree, but you're saying essentially, "The Mario cartoons being underrated is NOT an unpopular opinion because I think they are crap".

You're disagreeing on not the quality of the cartoon, but on how it's an unpopular opinion to be saying it's underrated.
Well, I meant it in the sense that it was wrong (maybe too strong a word)

Magikrazy said:
Saying they're crap doesn't make them not underrated.

If anything, it drives the point in.
That wasn't my argument.

My argument is that if somebody thinks that the show is NOT crap is an unpopular opinion, don't dispute the person's opinion that it's an unpopular opinion by saying it's crap.

King Harkinian said:
Dr. Mario said:

Well, I meant it in the sense that it was wrong (maybe too strong a word)
Yeah, I guess. This argument feels silly right now.

I'm ranking the Mario cartoons from most to least tolerable.
The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3
The only show that wasn't incredibly stupid in some way, it was still bad, but not as bad as the other 2.
The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
It was better than the SMW series, but it had an obsession with rap (making a whole episode of it) and it apparently had another show where Mario and Luigi are actual people. (Plus Mario has Pac-Man eyes. Your argument is invalid.)
Super Mario World
Ugh. This show was so bad, it only had like fifteen episodes. It has the most idiotic morals possible (remember, kids, don't eat junk food unless you want to become a chicken-pterodactyl hybrid), Mario sounds like a world-class grouch, Bowser has laughably bad evil plans (sending the Koopalings to school), the Mama Luigi Poops are as overrated as all *bleep*, and the cavemen are just stupid (Well-written characters? ME NO LIKE!)

King Harkinian said:
The only show that wasn't incredibly stupid in some way, it was still bad, but not as bad as the other 2.
It was better than the SMW series, but it had an obsession with rap (making a whole episode of it) and it apparently had another show where Mario and Luigi are actual people. (Plus Mario has Pac-Man eyes. Your argument is invalid.)
Super Mario World
Ugh. This show was so bad, it only had like fifteen episodes. It has the most idiotic morals possible (remember, kids, don't eat junk food unless you want to become a chicken-pterodactyl hybrid), Mario sounds like a world-class grouch, Bowser has laughably bad evil plans (sending the Koopalings to school), the Mama Luigi Poops are as overrated as all *bleep*, and the cavemen are just stupid (Well-written characters? ME NO LIKE!)

I find none of them tolerable, but the least bad of the three would definitely be AOSMB3.

Plain Ol Giga12 said:
I find none of them tolerable, but the least bad of the three would definitely be AOSMB3.
Do you hate the SMW cartoon more or the Super Show cartoon more?

I used to quite like SMW as a cartoon, and it was what made me like Yoshi. But after I was six, Yoshi's voice annoyed me so much I never watched it again.
The Koopalings in all of those were so OOC, I almost died. However I used them to make cousins for the Koopalings (on Clawdia's side of the family) which they visit every month.

King Harkinian said:
Super Mario World

This my version:
Okay to “no thanks”

1. Super Mario World: Probably because I seen all 13 episodes and because I like the SMW elements and Yoshi. my complaints are that King Koopa and his kid's roles are diminished and maybe those Aesops from outer space. I like the unintentionally funny moments.
2. Super Mario Bros 3:
That one is better than the SMW cartoon at using the antagonists but because of not watching it more than the other, it is in the middle. It introduced the goofy koopalings which made this show better and SMW. Ludwig: Wooahoohahoohoo! I think it's a tie with SMW show.

3.The Super Mario Super Show:
This show has the SMB2 elements(minus Wart) and I think it's my least watched for some reason, maybe because it has no Koopa Kids or Yoshi (Justified as they weren't around). I think I should watch some episodes.

Wow, it's a hardly best to worst opinion.

I like them a bit, from best to worst

Adventures of SMB3
This one was okay. The Koopalings were funny and the songs were hilarious

Super Mario World
This one was okay too. There were funny jokes like Mama Luigi

Super Show
Didn't like this one too much except for Do the Mario

Lumastar said:
If AOSMB3 didn't have those heinous songs it would be the best. Super Mario World is definitely the worst though.
For me, the songs are the worst part of the show.

Oogtar sucked really badly in the Super Mario World cartoon

? Block said:

Wizardheimer: He shall rot in my dungeon for the rest of his life!

Oogtar: No way old Mammoth burger!!

*WizardheimerZaps him with his wand*

? Block said:
Is he that dumb blond-haired guy?

Speaking of those SMW cartoons, I have a few on dvd and...Yoshi's voice is annoying. Why did they have to make him child like, this is the same guy that was in Yoshi's Island right? Or...should I not be thinking of continuity when it comes to the cartoons?

I'm still not sure why they went with the caveman thing anyhow, sure there are Dinosaurs everywhere but at no point did the game ever pretend the islands existed in the past. As far as we knew they were at the same level as everybody else.

Also the fact that King Koopa never breathed fire annoyed me.

Magikrazy said:
The only episode I ever saw was Mama Luigi. I enjoyed it, probably because there were no cavemen.
BAGEL! MEATBALL!

Mechayoshi said:
Speaking of those SMW cartoons, I have a few on dvd and...Yoshi's voice is annoying. Why did they have to make him child like, this is the same guy that was in Yoshi's Island right? Or...should I not be thinking of continuity when it comes to the cartoons?

I have a feeling like there were always 3 main green Yoshis.
1.The adult Yoshi from Yoshi Island.Not sure of his whereabouts.
2.SMW Yoshi, the much more saurian one, but he is able to speak.
3.The baby Yoshi at the end of Yoshi Island Ds. He is the same as the current one and the one from Yoshi Story.

But since this is not a headcanon thread...

I forgot what I was going to put here. I need to remember.

Peri Peri said:
Mcmadness said:
Also the fact that King Koopa never breathed fire annoyed me.
At least that's like the actual game.

Strangely a statue of him in Mama Luigi did breath fire.

King Koopa could had given the plumbers a hard time if he had been able to do it. There were some times were he could easily win but he didn't tried.

His voice at least sounded good to me.

Back