Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Rosalina isn't even a princess. :P

Roserade the Real Bombchu said:
Rosalina isn't even a princess. :P

I know, thats why I put it in quotations :P

Nysic said:
No, he doesn't like it because it supposedly caused MK8 to not have lap customization.

Even lap customization hasn't been there since ----ing Double Dash!!

I would prefer Nintendo fixes the awful balance in Mario Kart 8 before adding lap customization but eh they won't do that.

Oh, and I barely used it too because VS mode has no bots! Super Circuit also has lap customization to an extent.

Besides, I don't get it: you can make the lap customization count for all tracks EXCEPT Mount Wario if it's REALLY an issue.

You can't hate this

Mk8-dlc-4.jpg

because it's nearly literally handed to you on a silver platter

Mario Party 1 is the best.

Magikrazy said:
Mcmadness said:
Mario Party 1 is the best.
Yes that's very unpopular

In my experience it is.

People love 2 and 3 and 1 is ''the one that gives blisters''

The first Mario Party will always be considered a classic and the Mario Party that started it all

even though I feel it's outclassed by later entries of the Mario Party series

I think Mario Party 4 is amazing too. Mainly because the Mega Mushrooms actually required some thought to use and a chance to play against and the fact that you can freaking customize what minigames you want (that's the biggest selling point of Mario Party 4).

Baby Man said:
I think Mario Party 4 is amazing too. Mainly because the Mega Mushrooms actually required some thought to use and a chance to play against and the fact that you can freaking customize what minigames you want (that's the biggest selling point of Mario Party 4).
You can't change the likelyhood of Bowser events to set the minigames to 0% which in that Installment, give nightmares, and thus ruins the game. Even so, with the ability to turn it off, it still wouldn't quite have cut it to the amazing level. It also had a bad item system (talking about the Mini/Mega Mushrooms which are essentially more annoying and luck based versions of the Skeleton Key and Normal Mushroom), the Lottery system which adds a lot of luck, and the requirement to beat story mode 8 times to complete the game. Even so, it without the Bowser Minigames would make it a bonus-type game worth getting like Melee and Double Dash but not system seller level like it's 3 successors. I would only get the game if my CPU programming skills became good enough to soft-mod so that I can completely remove the chance of a Bowser Minigames and give it to Bowser Revolution/Shuffle and in exchange make Koopa Kid even more likely to appear to keep Revolution/Shuffle at the same appearance rate.

3D Player 2004 said:
You can't change the likelyhood of Bowser events to set the minigames to 0% which in that Installment, give nightmares, and thus ruins the game.
I maintain that your mental psyche must have the structural integrity equal to Robert Griffin III's knee.

3D Player 2004 said:
You can't change the likelyhood of Bowser events to set the minigames to 0% which in that Installment, give nightmares, and thus ruins the game.

It's intense, yes, but does it give nightmares? Probably not. The minigames aren't hard to beat, especially if you're playing with the easy CPUs, where they'll screw up more than you. And the worst you get is that small cutscene where your burnt character stares blankly at you and all of your coins possibly gone. So yeah, it's not fortune space bad.

3D Player 2004 said:
It also had a bad item system (talking about the Mini/Mega Mushrooms which are essentially more annoying and luck based versions of the Skeleton Key and Normal Mushroom),

As I said, the Mega Mushroom is not a luck-based version of it, especially if you get handed to them for free with the Mushroom spaces. Even so, it actually adds some sort of strategy so you don't spam the dice block increasing Mushrooms to get to the Star space. And usually, the routes for the pipe are often optional; only rarely will stars pop up where you require to be mini to get there. And finally, you can just buy Super Mini Mushrooms if you really want to get to that spot. But if all odds are against you, just use the Genie Lamp to get you there. You also haven't explained how bad the other items are, such as the Warp Pipe (arguably the most strategic item), Swap Card, Mini-Mega Hammer, Boo Crystal Ball, Sparky Sticker, etc. You can't go bashing the game's item system when you're talking about those free Mushrooms you get when you should be buying items, not relying on free versions of them to get anywhere.

3D Player 2004 said:
the Lottery system which adds a lot of luck

Even if you happen to win the number 1 prize in the lottery, it's far too rare to rely upon to reverse the outcome of the game. And it's only 100 coins. Usually you can get that amount from winning minigames, which is where most of the skill in Mario Party games come from.

3D Player 2004 said:
the requirement to beat story mode 8 times to complete the game.

That is bad, but it's entirely optional as well.

3D Player 2004 said:
Even so, it without the Bowser Minigames would make it a bonus-type game worth getting like Melee and Double Dash but not system seller level like it's 3 successors.

That makes so little sense that I'm not going to respond to it

3D Player 2004 said:
I would only get the game if my CPU programming skills became good enough to soft-mod so that I can completely remove the chance of a Bowser Minigames and give it to Bowser Revolution/Shuffle and in exchange make Koopa Kid even more likely to appear to keep Revolution/Shuffle at the same appearance rate.

Dude, Bowser Minigames are FAR BETTER than Bowser Revolutions. If you're the guy far in the lead, you'll get hurt the most because not only you're losing coins, you're giving them to the losing players, who benefit the most from it.

Back