Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Smasher said:
Jeff said:
Honestly, I think I'm the only gamer in the whole world who actually has enough of an open mind and skills to use Goombario and Goombella properly. They're often seen as the uesless party members.
I also find Goombario and Goombella to both be great party members.
For some players they don't really use instructions. And obviously the staff don't let the players get a strong partner in the first chapter (despite the problem that no main characters be partners in the two games).

Perry the Platypus said:
MnSG said:
At least the new hair makes Iggy different from Lemmy.
he was already different. spectacles anyone?
They did look kind of the same.

More opinions:
1. I think there should be a SMG3
2. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games and their series is good, but nothing special.
3. Dimentio is alright but not my favorite character.
4. Luigi is underrated until the fanboys/girls come around.
Edit: I fixed it but dammit I quoted the wrong thing!!!

Lemmy Koopa Girl said:
Perry the Platypus said:
MnSG said:
At least the new hair makes Iggy different from Lemmy. I prefer the old hair though
he was already different. spectacles anyone?
They did look kind of the same.

More opinions:
1. I think there should be a SMG3 Agree
2. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games and their series is good, but nothing special. Agree, I like the inclusion of the Double Dash star theme though
3. Dimentio is alright but not my favorite character. Agree
4. Luigi is underrated until the fanboys/girls come around. Agree
Edit: I fixed it but dammit I quoted the wrong thing!!!

Hope I'm not annoying anyone!

You aren't, except for FMGBASKFH.

Dorayaki said:
Smasher said:
Jeff said:
Honestly, I think I'm the only gamer in the whole world who actually has enough of an open mind and skills to use Goombario and Goombella properly. They're often seen as the uesless party members.
I also find Goombario and Goombella to both be great party members.
For some players they don't really use instructions. And obviously the staff don't let the players get a strong partner in the first chapter (despite the problem that no main characters be partners in the two games).
On the contrary, I love to use the power of Goombario actually tattle.

It is like how much HP the enemy, how much damage, that it must give to me with, can provide useful information to me.

- SMB3 is better than SMW
- The BGM in the Yoshi spin-off games are better than the music in the main Mario games
- MKWii was the best Mario Kart game

Here's an unpopular opinion: Bowser is severely overrated. Seriously, I'm probably like, one of three people in the fandom who thinks this about him. He's a complete joke of a villain, and I'll never understand how or why he manages to get the kind of recognition that he gets.

I never understood why Partners in Time got so much hate and tends to be considered the "worst of the M&L series". It's my favorite one, and Superstar Saga is my least favorite (still a very great game though).
I guess maybe it's just that I like the safety of having 4 party members? :p

Partners in Time was also much more lenient compared to Superstar Saga, especially with counterattacking and also liked the gimmicks when the babies separated from the adults, like sending them up high and turning them into Baby Cakes. I also liked Bros. Items more, for some reason.

I haven't played Dream Team yet though since I don't have a 3DS, so I'm not sure if Partners in Time would maintain its position if I do play Dream Team. =P

I like Koopa Kid more than Bowser Jr. for some reason, and I also think that Brighton & Twila are pretty cool characters! I prefer Twila though.

Timmy said:
I never understood why Partners in Time got so much hate and tends to be considered the "worst of the M&L series". It's my favorite one, and Superstar Saga is my least favorite (still a very great game though).
I guess maybe it's just that I like the safety of having 4 party members? :p

Partners in Time was also much more lenient compared to Superstar Saga, especially with counterattacking and also liked the gimmicks when the babies separated from the adults, like sending them up high and turning them into Baby Cakes. I also liked Bros. Items more, for some reason.

I haven't played Dream Team yet though since I don't have a 3DS, so I'm not sure if Partners in Time would maintain its position if I do play Dream Team. =P

I like Koopa Kid more than Bowser Jr. for some reason, and I also think that Brighton & Twila are pretty cool characters! I prefer Twila though.

only reasons i didnt like it was because it was even more linear than the other games, boss fights dragged on too long, and i never really liked the shroobs.

DragonFreak said:
WolferLufe said:
I don't really like :daisy:
Is that an unpopular opinion?
I like Daisy. Baby Daisy's existance is random and I do not care much for her.
It only comes to a realistic opinion that Nintendo should deal with her in upcoming baby games.

Dorayaki said:
DragonFreak said:
WolferLufe said:
I don't really like :daisy:
Is that an unpopular opinion?
I like Daisy. Baby Daisy's existance is random and I do not care much for her.
It only comes to a realistic opinion that Nintendo should deal with her in upcoming baby games.
Now, if Baby Daisy was in, I don't know, a Yoshi's Island game, I would like a lot more.

Back