Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Baby Man said:
3D Player 2004 said:
In my opinion, Mario Party 5 revolutionized gaming.

Are YOU five?

no. I was half joking there. But out of every game I find amazing, it was the first to be released. Though I did make a hyperbole there.

3D Player 2004 said:
Baby Man said:
3D Player 2004 said:
In my opinion, Mario Party 5 revolutionized gaming.

Are YOU five?

no. I was half joking there. But out of every game I find amazing, it was the first to be released. Though I did make a hyperbole there.

How the fck was I supposed to know you were joking

I know that I like Mario Party 5, but that didn't change ANYTHING in gaming. Super Mario Galaxy did have there "gravity" mechanic, which basically made the game more fancy.

Super Mario Galaxy is easily the best Mario platformer out there. It single-handedly beats the mess that is Super Mario 64 and its awful controls and the bore-fest that is Super Mario Sunshine. Let alone the dull 2D platformers.

Anser said:
Super Mario Galaxy is easily the best Mario platformer out there. It single-handedly beats the mess that is Super Mario 64 and its awful controls and the bore-fest that is Super Mario Sunshine. Let alone the dull 2D platformers.
Super Mario Galaxy was super great, the only thing I didn't like about it is the remove of diving, I remember spending much time searching for Starbits because I accidentally pressed B in hope of diving. SMG is one of the best.
Baby Man said:
Bad level design? What the hell? You're expecting it to be a 3D collect-athon, didn't you? Are you criticizing the game for trying to be a 2D linear experience rather than a Super Mario 64/Banjo-Kazooie clone? The only collectibles are the cages and Lums, that's hardly "too much" I guess I overreacted when I said "sucked", but still not changing unless I try it again.

I only tried it for few minutes, the voice acting also annoyed me, maybe I didn't try into the game much, maybe It was too difficult for me while I was 8. I hatted those lums, though when I think about it currently, I feel they weren't that bad, and the cages kinda reminds me of the blue coins if I remember correctly. I liked the different gameplay very much, Anyway, probably my opinions had changed in these years, and possibly I'm trying it (If I find it, it's ROM file is probably on my oldest computer somewhere)

They were pretty good, the adventure part wasnt as wide spread though. I don't think "revolutionised" is the right word, but Galaxy did change a lot. Now we have endless Galaxy wanna-bees. *cough*Sonic Lost World*cough* But, some of them do have there own standing on that regard.

Baby Man said:
DragonFreak said:
Baby Man said:
Luigidaisy1 said:
I love Super Mario 64, I don't see how this game can be considered overrated when it practically revolutionized the gaming industry.

It irritates me more when people said Super Mario Galaxy revolutionized gaming
People say that? Are they five? SMG doesn't even make it into my top 50 favorite games.

Yeah

It's a great game, but it didn't CHANGE anything.

Well, it did have that antigravity mechanic, but it wasn't really REVOLUTIONARY. It was just a gameplay mechanic that worked for that game series. Nothing more.

It feels off to me how 5 out of 6 Mario Party 4 hosts are playable in the Mario Baseball series and for that reason, I want Koopa Kid to be added in.

Personally, I hate Koopa Kid, Those annoying ugly bowsers, Bowser Jr. is better, I mean, he has a larger personality compared to them.

3D Player 2004 said:
It feels off to me how 5 out of 6 Mario Party 4 hosts are playable in the Mario Baseball series and for that reason, I want Koopa Kid to be added in.

I think you overestimate the importance of the Mario Party series as if including characters in the series whether they're playable or not is nearly as big as Smash Bros. There's no rhyme or reason for characters to be hosts of Mario Party boards and that meaning anything for the other games. I doubt they put Toad, Shy Guy, Boo, Goomba, and Koopa Troopa in Mario Baseball because of "Oh! They were hosts of some of the boards for Mario Party 4! We have to include them in our baseball game!".

After all, it's not like Brighton & Twila and MC Ballyhoo has appeared in any other games (Outside of Stickers and/or Trophies in Brawl)

3D Player 2004 said:
Toad- main species of the Mushroom Kingdom and allies to the heroes in most Mario games.
Goomba- most common enemy in the Mario series and the most well-known wnemy in all of gaming.
Koopa- second most common enemy and the main antagonistic species; arguably the second most well-known enemy in all of gaming.
Shy Guy- most common enemies in Super Mario Bros. 2 and the Yoshi series.
Boo- iconic Mario enemy and the main antagonistic species of Luigi's Mansion.
Koopa Kid- a species of miniature Bowser clones created solely for the Mario Party games. The species was dropped in Mario Party 8, and their role was taken up by Bowser Jr. in Mario Party DS and beyond.

Also:
Northern Verve said:
After all, it's not like Brighton & Twila and MC Ballyhoo has appeared in any other games (Outside of Stickers and/or Trophies in Brawl)

Hackmon said:
Which is sad. I still remember when the Koopalings were one of the best set of bosses.

Yeah, now everybody hates them. However, I still love them. They're my babies.

I hate all of the Koopalings since they are annoying characters and they take up too many Character slots. (Still annoyed by Diddy Kong being cut in Mario Kart 8.)

The Gusty Garden Galaxy theme isn't even the best song in the game, let alone the best song ever.

Eevee said:
The Gusty Garden Galaxy theme isn't even the best song in the game, let alone the best song ever.
agreed, for me, it isn't even the best song in the galaxy either.

Back