Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Dorayaki said:
Refrigerator Kirby said:
Daisy didn't have a personality until she started appearing in spin offs
also sucks because shes going to be appearing in everything as long as she has a stable fan base
Well I'm not sure Daisy's personality is popular (though I like her), but in that time I'd definitely say, rather than personality, can't you redesign her appearance?

And it really sucks when she lacks SMB appearance. :-\

Her new appearance is HIDEOUS. She was pretty before the redesign, but I understand why they did it. She was way too similar to Peach. At this point, all I'd do is fire Deanna Mustard and bring someone that gives her a voice that matches her new personality without sounding annoying.

Anser said:
Her new appearance is HIDEOUS. She was pretty before the redesign, but I understand why they did it. She was way too similar to Peach. At this point, all I'd do is fire Deanna Mustard and bring someone that gives her a voice that matches her new personality without sounding annoying.
Well, it's my personal thought, but she's still similar with Peach in her general design (it's what most Daisy haters say, as I remember). She could have been more special if she used other custumes such as Arabian harem pants. At least Kate or Nina were more distinctive than her.

Dorayaki said:
Anser said:
Well, it's my personal thought, but she's still similar with Peach in her general design (it's what most Daisy haters say, as I remember). She could have been more special if she used other custumes such as Arabian harem pants. At least Kate or Nina were more distinctive than her.

I don't pay attention to them because while the general design is similar, they DO have differences. The hair length and color, jewelry, facial features, different dress features, etc. I don't dislike Daisy for being too similar to Peach, I dislike her because I truly hate her voice and attitude. I don't get why those who say Daisy is a palette swap of Peach don't say that Luigi is a palette swap of Mario. Daisy is more different from Peach than Luigi is from Mario. Luigi is basically a taller Mario, with a stretched head, a different mustache and different clothing colors. That's it.

well you must consider that green is a superior color

also the fact that luigi has had games to kinda flesh out his character as being a coward goofy dude.

Daisy hasnt, although personally i do like her voice and her design, although i think her dress design could be better then what it is now.

also from doryakis design suggestion i keep thinking of marle from chrono trigger.

I think it's too late to redesign Daisy now. Anything they do to her now will scream "We're forcing you to be even more different from Peach for no apparent reason". I think Daisy is condemned to be treated as a palette swap and will only be relegated to spin-offs forever.

And I'm actually fine with that.

Fighter Zae said:
also from doryakis design suggestion i keep thinking of marle from chrono trigger.
That would be interesting too. :P

Anser said:
I don't pay attention to them because while the general design is similar, they DO have differences. The hair length and color, jewelry, facial features, different dress features, etc. I don't dislike Daisy for being too similar to Peach, I dislike her because I truly hate her voice and attitude. I don't get why those who say Daisy is a palette swap of Peach don't say that Luigi is a palette swap of Mario. Daisy is more different from Peach than Luigi is from Mario. Luigi is basically a taller Mario, with a stretched head, a different mustache and different clothing colors. That's it.

I think it's too late to redesign Daisy now. Anything they do to her now will scream "We're forcing you to be even more different from Peach for no apparent reason".
I think Daisy is condemned to be treated as a palette swap and will only be relegated to spin-offs forever.
Parially agree. I think the design is identifiable doesn't mean that she can't be more unique, while at least Mario and Luigi are twins and Wario has an alternative Warioware suit. But sometimes I do think that the haters are just saying nonsense.

As you said, Nintendo could make her "unidentifiable" with a redesign (but a new clothes don't count a redesign I guess). But if you're saying that she can't be in more games with the old appearance, well, no, she does need a redesign. :mad:

ernesth100 said:
Wonder what would happen if the past versions of mario and other characters met todays versions. It would be so laughable.
Are you saying the 8-bit things? Or something like Sonic Boom Generations

ernesth100 said:
Wonder what would happen if the past versions of mario and other characters met todays versions. It would be so laughable.
I'd like to see some of that attitude-y N64 Mario again.

LEGO Marios already exist....kinda

476px-MvsDK2_MiniMario.jpg

Anser said:
ernesth100 said:
People seem to hate the idea of lego mario game.

I am very against it.
Same here. Legos have already stupidified Star Wars, they had better not do it to Mario

ernesth100 said:
Well Lego is meant to stupify things its meant to be funny.

well some people are butthurt its not 100% serious or something

so lol

Back