Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Fawful said:
Also I think Waluigi should be playable and Daisy should be a possessed boss who must be fought as Waluigi and dies afterward.
No, just no.

Mcmadness said:
Master of the House said:
I always had this idea in my mind for a massive open world Mario game. The world would have a ton of iconic locations like Peach's Castle, Toad Town, Sarasaland, Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi's Island, Delfino, Donkey Kong's Island, etc. You would play as Mario but could collect other characters as you progressed through the game being Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Wario, Donkey Kong, and Bowser. All of whom have unique attributes. Throw in every Mario character imaginable as NPCs throughout the world. Even guys like Daisy and Waluigi. Not sure about the villain though. Maybe someone new. You could have all sorts of power-ups as well.

A cool idea but that's a bit crazy in how large it would be and Nintendo wouldn't go for a Mario game of that size.

At best you'd see a huge ass mushroom kingdom.
As cool as seeing so many locales would be, this is what will realistically happen (at least for the first game of that style).

I think what I'd do is that there are several areas for you to explore at your leisure, each area has a boss in it that you can only access after collecting enough stars which you obtain by exploring, solving puzzles defeating enemies etc etc. When you got enough stars you'd enter the bosses lair which is a linear platforming focused stage and then you beat the boss which gives you a key, you need to collect all the keys from every area in order to access Bowser's lair, which is it's own area that you can explore as well.

Waluigi can be an NPC who has amusing injuries brought onto him as nobody takes him seriously.

At this point in the Mario platforming games, most new reasonable ideas sound fair game to me.

Emphasis on reasonable

I was thinking more along the lines of a guy who wants to be seen as a credible badguy but all his attempts at being one (which the player prevents) all fail hilariously resulting in bad things for Waluigi

Toy Chica said:
First thing I thought of is Waluigi being like Team Rocket.

That's pretty much what I had in mind.

Uh, no it isn't. The comet observatory was being held in place by Bowser's castle as it sucked energy from it.

It wouldn't be out of character, he's been blown up several times over the course of the sports games

:waluigi: : Drats! Double Drats! and Tripple Drats! I just can't win, come on, Duck Hunt Dog.

*Duck Hunt Dog snickers*

I ran out of opinions.

The main difference is Waluigi is nowhere near as charismatic a failure.

Whenever I'm in the mood for a Waluigi game I play Psycho Waluigi

Mcmadness said:
Uh, no it isn't. The comet observatory was being held in place by Bowser's castle as it sucked energy from it.
Well yes, but wasn't she on the planet at the end of Grandmaster Galaxy?

Back